[1.5.0 <-> 1.8.1] Kerbalism v3.2

N70

1 hour ago, John Nowak said:

Not sure if I follow.

If you dock an unpressurized pod to a space station, I'd expect the station to depressurize.

If you undock an unpressurized pod from a space station, I'd expect the station to retain pressure.

Did you type undock when you meant dock?

When you dock the pod, the station would vent Atmosphere to support the unpressurized pod, so the whole station becomes unpressurized. Then, when you undock, the station's Pressure Controls would go full-tilt trying to replace the Atmosphere, consuming a lot of Nitrogen in the process and possibly running out.

On 6/14/2019 at 11:42 PM, Sir Mortimer said:

When looking straight down to the surface, the angle of the sunlight on that spot on the surface must be within these boundaries.

I don`t understand this. I have a spacetelescope ans are looking directly to the sun and then sometimes angle is ok and sometimes not. Also: ther eis no angle shown, only min sun angle and max sun angle.

47 minutes ago, lordcirth said:

When you dock the pod, the station would vent Atmosphere to support the unpressurized pod, so the whole station becomes unpressurized. Then, when you undock, the station's Pressure Controls would go full-tilt trying to replace the Atmosphere, consuming a lot of Nitrogen in the process and possibly running out.

Ok, so back to the original question, how do I stop that from happening? Can I disable crossfeed?

4 minutes ago, Notepad said:

Ok, so back to the original question, how do I stop that from happening? Can I disable crossfeed?

As far as I'm aware, you just don't use the mk1 pod with stations. Restock+ has some nice pods that fill in some gaps, by the way.

On 6/17/2019 at 5:33 PM, SilverState said:

If you don't like the changes, there's the slider ingame, or go into tweakables folder and tweak there to your liking.

I found the entries in the tweakables folder.  Is the slider you mentioned the "Science Rewards" slider in the Basic tab?

Edited by Krymson Skorpyon
just found something in-game

Thanks for answering about decompression.

Regarding the cfg files, I noticed that the Situation Mask for Telemetry in NewExperiments is 1599. I thought the highest value for this was 63 for all Situations?

1 hour ago, John Nowak said:

Thanks for answering about decompression.

Regarding the cfg files, I noticed that the Situation Mask for Telemetry in NewExperiments is 1599. I thought the highest value for this was 63 for all Situations?

you're correct.

21 hours ago, lordcirth said:

As far as I'm aware, you just don't use the mk1 pod with stations. Restock+ has some nice pods that fill in some gaps, by the way.

I'm using Restock+, and where I'm at in the tech tree, unpressurised pods are all I've got, so "just don't" is not an ideal solution. I can get how I wouldn't be able to transfer between them or what have you, but I was under the assumption that that was already the case and moving kerbals between them via EVA... Given that those pods are currently my only method if transport to and from the station I feel it's reasonable that there needs to be a way to keep them around... Will a docking port attached to a non-pressurised part of the station work?

Just started a new career save with Kerbalism 3.0. Really liking it so far.

Do the Mobile Processing Labs still work the same way they do in stock, where they take science data and massively increase the science returns compared to just recovering the data? The science UI is different and I’m wanting to use the labs rather than transmitting or returning the data directly.

3 hours ago, Potatoroid said:

Just started a new career save with Kerbalism 3.0. Really liking it so far.

Do the Mobile Processing Labs still work the same way they do in stock, where they take science data and massively increase the science returns compared to just recovering the data? The science UI is different and I’m wanting to use the labs rather than transmitting or returning the data directly.

No, now they process samples, like the goo or the surface sample.

I think I've stumbled across a bug, but I wanted to make sure it wasn't an intended feature.  The pressure control on the ECLSS module doesn't seem to work, while the pressure control on the pod does.  I made sure I had it set to "running" in the ECLSS menu.  This makes it impossible to get pressure control on the Mk1 command pod.  I've tried this with the scrubber, it that DOES seem to work, which makes me think it's an issue with the pressure control specifically.

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 3:27 PM, PotatoAndBeanHarvester said:

Dana Goodeye, have you tried the other way on mod removal for testing? Rather than remove kerbalism, and find function, see if a neat kerbalism install works and then add in the other mods to see which one causes the loss of function? I have an item (the gravity ring) that doesn't work in Kerbalism, and have tracked it down to apparently KIS/KAS that seems to be interfering with it (causing it to not appear in the VAB parts cupboard) through this method. It is a painstaking task, but recommended as you have indicated an apparently large number of other mods in your system.

Hope that helps,

Kind Regards

P&BH.

will do, kerbalism seems like a pretty good mod lol
to be honest, i wasnt thinking about it in this way....

:DThis is a very good mod :D! But is there any way how to change the science gain? I don't like a bit since it takes minutes to research in career mod. If there is a way to change it please help me. 

2 minutes ago, nufijs said:

:DThis is a very good mod :D! But is there any way how to change the science gain? I don't like a bit since it takes minutes to research in career mod. If there is a way to change it please help me. 

Science is supposed to take time, and not be instant. That's one of the big points of this mod.

3 minutes ago, nufijs said:

Do you mean a faster rate, or more science per experiment? For more science, you can adjust the stock slider under difficulty settings. Regarding rate, are you talking about atmospheric science? Because for all the others you can just timewarp.

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but is there a part in the config files that disables the time warp pause when a vessel loses contact? I’m being constantly interrupted by the mod telling me I lost contact with a probe I don’t care about and it’s very frustrating.

Apparently RPWS doesn't collect data in the background sometimes, it always shows like '18% done' in the device manager despite having science point available, and only starts counting when I switch to the spacecraft.

Hello I really enjoy this mod but I think I'm having an issue with this mod and remote tech, as seen by the picture below when a space craft goes dark it still maintains its link within the DSN and also transmits. Not to big of an issue but my early sats were designed to be temporary as they ran on fuel cell.

dTRACVb.png

Hope I'm in the right place and can find answer, thanks.

On 6/20/2019 at 2:48 AM, garrettjones said:

I think I've stumbled across a bug, but I wanted to make sure it wasn't an intended feature.  The pressure control on the ECLSS module doesn't seem to work, while the pressure control on the pod does.  I made sure I had it set to "running" in the ECLSS menu.  This makes it impossible to get pressure control on the Mk1 command pod.  I've tried this with the scrubber, it that DOES seem to work, which makes me think it's an issue with the pressure control specifically.

The Mk1 pod has a hole, it can't be pressurized.

6 hours ago, Potatoroid said:

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but is there a part in the config files that disables the time warp pause when a vessel loses contact? I’m being constantly interrupted by the mod telling me I lost contact with a probe I don’t care about and it’s very frustrating.

This is one of the questions that comes up so often that I made a video about it.

On 6/19/2019 at 1:31 AM, bulletrhli said:

Not sure whether or not to post this here or on the CommNet Constellation thread but when I am running both together, anytime I view the tracking station or launch another vessel, the game hard crashes and dumps the error to the log.

https://pastebin.com/Ny34eUHE

Thanks for posting this, there definitely is an issue. No idea what CommNet Constellation does to the commNet, but Kerbalism doesn't seem to like it at all. I created a report on github https://github.com/Kerbalism/Kerbalism/issues/439

Edited by Sir Mortimer

3 hours ago, dauntlessstoic said:

Hello I really enjoy this mod but I think I'm having an issue with this mod and remote tech, as seen by the picture below when a space craft goes dark it still maintains its link within the DSN and also transmits. Not to big of an issue but my early sats were designed to be temporary as they ran on fuel cell.

<pic>

Hope I'm in the right place and can find answer, thanks.

I encountered the same issue. Kerbalism tool panel show an established link with unconnected vessel (which is correctly unlinked when active)

Wanted to give a heads up about Kerbalism's handle of science transmission conflicting with Strategia. (Unless I'm completely wrong about how Kerbalism works, sorry!) It looks like "To Boldy Go" strategy from the Strategia mod would see the act of transmitting bit by bit, as a reason to reward individually, as each transmission is also seen as part of a "new biome"? Ended up with millions in funds.

Not using the strategy is an obvious fix.

Great mod! Surprised by the new direction of science collection, storage, and transmission. Thanks for the many hours of fun and accidental deaths by radiation poisoning. :D

On 6/19/2019 at 1:21 PM, Krymson Skorpyon said:

I found the entries in the tweakables folder.  Is the slider you mentioned the "Science Rewards" slider in the Basic tab?

Correct. Science Rewards slider affects the total science gains, and it's global.

The tweakables have per-experiment settings, and pretty much anything can be changed there, including duration, costs, science value, all sorts of requirements, crew requirements, situations, etc. All you have to do is modify the values in that file to your liking, and the core patches take care of the rest (applying and changing everything relevant). Keep in mind, tweaking one experiment will adjust values for all parts that have that experimentID.

If you decide to fiddle with the tweakables, make sure the values you are adjusting are in the same format as they currently are, otherwise weird stuff starts happening (e.g. if it's a number, stick to a number, if it's false, set it to true if you wish, and so on)

For modded experiments, the "tweakable" part is at the top of the mod's config in ModSupport folder.