[1.5.0 <-> 1.8.1] Kerbalism v3.2

N70

1 hour ago, Zeroroller said:

By chance or through modification of the kerbalism files, has anyone found a way to bypass the time-warp bug of vessels (especially bases) having all their EC drained? What I've done so far is enable the infinite electricity cheat when I know I have huge time warps but figured there was a config i could play around with to make it work? On a side note, there are times when I get frustrated with the little things, but I will tell you I CANNOT stand playing KSP WITHOUT Kerbalism. It is just a whole other level. I'm sure working on a mod this game changing might be a huge tasking but keep up the great work!

In general, you will be more noticable if you report an issue on github.

Also, you are not being very specific about the problem you are encountering, for example, are we talking about timewarp for an active or inactive vessel?

Haven't played KSP in a few months, my RSS/Kerbalism (KSP 1.2.2 ) keeps crashing so I'm planning on starting a newer version of the game.

So from what I gathered from reading these forums is that the way signal worked has been redone or has it been scrapped all together?

Also, which build is the stable one? the 'jenkins build' or the 1.5.1 (KSP 1.4.3?) ? and where I can get it.

What are the known bugs?

and finally, what planet packs are now supported?

Thanks in advance to any replies.

On 5/7/2018 at 11:58 AM, theJesuit said:

Hi all! 

I've just released the third beta of my Simplex profile on Spacedock.  Let me know what you think!

https://spacedock.info/mod/1344

forum link

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/159470-wip-anglecan-simplex-08/

Peace.

Interesting, which version of KSP is it compatible with?

On 5/7/2018 at 2:32 PM, PiezPiedPy said:

@evilman222 Not quite MKS yet but support for USI Reactors, Kontainers and FTT is now included with Kerbalism, you can try with the latest Jenkins build before the release comes out.

If you try it can you let me know what you think ;)

https://jenkins.spaceball.cf/job/Kerbalism/138/artifact/Kerbalism.zip

Impressive, the marriage of MKS and Kerbalism may yet still happen.

Edited by Nathangun

1 hour ago, Nathangun said:

Interesting, which version of KSP is it compatible with?

The signalling has been removed or hard disabled.  

SIMPLEX is compatability with the current version 1.5.x? And probably the previous versions too.  I'm not sure about the latest Jenkins builds as @N70 heads into 1.6.0 as the profile setup maybe a little different. But once released I'll ensure an updated ones through quickly.

Peace.

When updating my SSPX-MKS error-fix, I noticed the new Kerbalism-SSPX integration contains a number of lines like:

@crewCapacity = #$MODULE[ModuleDeployableHabitat]/DeployedCrewCapacity$

But, the variable KSP uses for crew capacity is actually "CrewCapacity"... despite almost every other field being lowercase first word.

Is this intentional? If so, you may want to switch line 109 to be % (like all the others) instead of @, since that field doesn't exist.

Kerbalism 1.6 Beta

https://jenkins.spaceball.cf/job/Kerbalism/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/Kerbalism.zip 

REPORT ANY BUGS ON GITHUB

Changelog:

• Fix greenhouse animation for SSPX (madman2003)
  • Allow gravity rings that use solid walls to be shielded (madman2003)
  • Fix harvesters background simulation, as well as scaling the produced resources by abundance (madman2003)
  • Fix SSPX inflatable habitats and centrifuges to have crew capacity and somewhat realistic habitat volumes/areas (madman2003)
  • Add nitrogen storage to SSPX modules containing a pressurization module (madman2003)
  • Add habitat to Kerbalism gravity ring (madman2003)
  • A first attempt at scaling Kerbalism UI to follow KSP UI scaling ** By default using the scaling configured for KSP, with an additional scale factor in Settings.cfg if needed to overrule the default
  • Clicking the middle mouse button on the popout menu will now close the popout window if it is already open.
  • Humidity Control and a new Life Support Unit part (curtesy of PiezPiedPy)
  • Scale down food production to realistic levels, and make it dependent on CO2 (madman2003) ** Every kerbal now requires 2x Kerbalism greenhouse, or 3x 2.5m SSPX greenhouses, or 6x 3.5m SSPX greenhouses for permanent food production ** SSPX greenhouses include a habitat area, leaving very little space for food production
  • Water recyling is more realistic, recovering only 85% of Water (this is better than what ISS achieves in real life) ** Ammonia and CO2 are recovered from Water, rather than producing Waste. This is to avoid (future) conflicts between the mineral content of urine and feces
  • Kerbalism CO2 tanks are now full by default in order to supply Greenhouses with CO2 (madman2003)
  • Fix display of Habitat volume and space in tooltip, they used to be swapped (madman2003)
  • Minor fixes to SSPX config file (madman2003)
  • Add Electrolysis with H2 priority and Sabatier with H2O priority (madman2003)
  • Give Greenhouses the basic resources needed to run (madman2003)

Hi N70 and Thread!

I am EXTREMELY happy that someone adopted Kerbalism. It is one of my favorites and essential mods to play KSP with.
Now, I made a issue on GitHub (https://github.com/steamp0rt/Kerbalism/issues/22).
I didn't really know where you wanted it. The post above says "Report on GitHub", while SpaceDock points to GitLab. 
However posting here in hopes to get some help with my issue. :-\

Thanks \\ Reknot

1 hour ago, Maeyanie said:

Not sure whether "down" there is temporary or permanent, but if you should happen to need a new Jenkins host, I can set it up on mine. :)

Temporary.

KERBALISM 1.6 FOR KSP 1.4.X IS OUT!

Downloads: SpaceDock, Github

## v1.6.0 for KSP 1.4.3
 - 2018-05-26

### Changes since the last release

* Harvesters can now extract Nitrogen from the surface (JadeOfMom)
 * Filters can now extract Ammonia from the atmosphere (JadeOfMom)
 * New parts MiniPump and RadialPump to extract Water, Nitrogen and Ammonia from oceans (thanks to JadeOfMom for the Harvesters and PiezPiedPy for the parts) 
 * Harvesters are now spec'ed at 10% abundance by default (madman2003)
 ** The percentage is specified in the UI when selecting the process the havester will run
 ** The percentage can be overruled for individual parts
 * Harvesting rate scales linearly with abundance (madman2003)
 * Water harvesting has been buffed by a factor 6 (at the reference 10% abundance) compared to release 1.5.1 (madman2003)
 * Restored antenna simulation button (PiezPiedPy)
 * Fix greenhouse animation for SSPX (madman2003)
 * Allow gravity rings that use solid walls to be shielded (madman2003)
 * Fix harvesters background simulation, as well as scaling the produced resources by abundance (madman2003)
 * Fix SSPX inflatable habitats and centrifuges to have crew capacity and somewhat realistic habitat volumes/areas (madman2003)
 * Add nitrogen storage to SSPX modules containing a pressurization module (madman2003)
 * Add habitat to Kerbalism gravity ring (madman2003)
 * A first attempt at scaling Kerbalism UI to follow KSP UI scaling
 ** By default using the scaling configured for KSP, with an additional scale factor in Settings.cfg if needed to overrule the default
 * Clicking the middle mouse button on the popout menu will now close the popout window if it is already open.
 * Humidity Control and a new Life Support Unit part (curtesy of PiezPiedPy)
 * Scale down food production to realistic levels, and make it dependent on CO2 (madman2003)
 ** Every kerbal now requires 2x Kerbalism greenhouse, or 3x 2.5m SSPX greenhouses, or 6x 3.5m SSPX greenhouses for permanent food production
 ** SSPX greenhouses include a habitat area, leaving very little space for food production
 * Water recyling is more realistic, recovering only 85% of Water (this is better than what ISS achieves in real life)
 ** Ammonia and CO2 are recovered from Water, rather than producing Waste. This is to avoid (future) conflicts between the mineral content of urine and feces
 * Kerbalism CO2 tanks are now full by default in order to supply Greenhouses with CO2 (madman2003)
 * Fix display of Habitat volume and space in tooltip, they used to be swapped (madman2003)
 * Minor fixes to SSPX config file (madman2003)
 * Add Electrolysis with H2 priority and Sabatier with H2O priority (madman2003)
 * Give Greenhouses the basic resources needed to run (madman2003)
 * There is now a help file on GitHub for those wishing to report bugs or contribute to Kerbalism.
   see [CONTRIBUTING.md](https://github.com/MoreRobustThanYou/Kerbalism/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md)

### For Developers

* Profile importing is now available to modders who wish to import their own procceses, rules, supplies etc (thanks to PiezPiedPy)
   see Issue #2 on GitHub for more information [Here](https://github.com/MoreRobustThanYou/Kerbalism/issues/2)
 * Updated Profiler GUI to use the Canvas system. Added Reset averages & Show zero calls buttons,
   a Framerate limiter, avg calls and frame counter (thanks go to PiezPiedPy)

Hi all,

In first , Thanks for your job!!

I have  problem when i try to do the update by Ckan. i don t understand the error so i don t know if It s the mod , my other mod or my configuration who do that. And i don t know if i must contact you or Ckan.

The error:

"CKAN.InvalidModuleFileKraken: Kerbalism 1.6.0: C:\Users\Mephistos\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp5CDF.tmp has length 3789554, should be 3786341
   à CKAN.NetModuleCache.Store(CkanModule module, String path, String description, Boolean move)
   à CKAN.NetAsyncModulesDownloader.ModuleDownloadsComplete(NetModuleCache cache, Uri[] urls, String[] filenames, Exception[] errors)"

it s for update 1.5.1 to 1.6.0 on Ckan 1.25.1 for ksp 1.4.3.2152

Thanks for your help

10 hours ago, Mephistos said:

Hi all,

I have  problem when i try to do the update by Ckan. i don t understand the error so i don t know if It s the mod , my other mod or my configuration who do that. And i don t know if i must contact you or Ckan.

The error:

"CKAN.InvalidModuleFileKraken: Kerbalism 1.6.0: C:\Users\Mephistos\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp5CDF.tmp has length 3789554, should be 3786341
   à CKAN.NetModuleCache.Store(CkanModule module, String path, String description, Boolean move)
   à CKAN.NetAsyncModulesDownloader.ModuleDownloadsComplete(NetModuleCache cache, Uri[] urls, String[] filenames, Exception[] errors)"

Thanks for your help

I'm getting the same error trying to update to Kerbalism 1.6.0 via CKAN.

Update: Ok, I tried uninstalling the 1.5.1 of the mod, then installing the new 1.6.0. It still crashed CKAN with the same warning. So, I'm left without Kerbalism. Blah. Hopefully this will be fixed soon, so I can get back to my campaign.

Edited by GJNelson
Update

On 5/27/2018 at 12:35 PM, Mephistos said:

Hi all,

The error:

Thanks for your help

it's a  CKAN problem, tell them

Edited by N70

14 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

@PiezPiedPy How does the Humidity Control work?

I built a new vessel with a Bluedog DB Gemini pod and after 8 hours in orbit I see the first warning about raising humidity levels ...

Is that an extra part or is the module just missing?

@Gordon Dry You need to have a Humidity controller on board to manage Humidity levels. You can configure your pods or use the External ECLSS module part, probably the latter as you are probably using the scrubber and pressure control on your pods.

14 hours ago, PiezPiedPy said:

@Gordon Dry You need to have a Humidity controller on board to manage Humidity levels. You can configure your pods or use the External ECLSS module part, probably the latter as you are probably using the scrubber and pressure control on your pods.

That means in early-to-mid career when that external part is not yet unlocked (depends the tech tree) I either can only have manned missions that last max. 8-10 days or the crew has to wear helmets all the time and live without pressure, some stress training.

btw, do all pods always have only 2 configurable converters running, or do later pods have three of them so they can have CarbonExtractor, Pressurization and HumidityControl at once?

Edited by Gordon Dry

1 hour ago, Gordon Dry said:

That means in early-to-mid career when that external part is not yet unlocked (depends the tech tree) I either can only have manned missions that last max. 8-10 days or the crew has to wear helmets all the time and live without pressure, some stress training.

btw, do all pods always have only 2 configurable converters running, or do later pods have three of them so they can have CarbonExtractor, Pressurization and HumidityControl at once?

Back when I tried Kerbalism,  I solved that by using multiple command pods.

@Gordon Dry All pods have 2 slots except MK1CrewCabin, Mark2Cockpit, cupola which only have 1 slot and the mk3Cockpit_Shuttle which has 3

Early career can be challenging with Kerbalism ;)

You can create a personal config file that modifies the parts with contents such as

// ============================================================================
// Add extra Kerbalism slot to ISRU chemical plants
@PART[MiniISRU]:NEEDS[Kerbalism,ProfileDefault]:AFTER[Kerbalism]
{
	@MODULE[Configure]{@slots = 2}
}

@PART[ISRU]:NEEDS[Kerbalism,ProfileDefault]:AFTER[Kerbalism]
{
	@MODULE[Configure]{@slots = 4}
}

You can name the file anything you like but it must have the extension .cfg and be in the GameData folder or a subdirectory in that folder.

@PiezPiedPy Do you know a way to have a patch that adds one slot entry depending on the tech tree nodes unlocked?

Does it work via a dummy part and upgrades entry somehow?

I got this patch now (and hope it works):

// Add extra Kerbalism slot to ISRU chemical plants
@PART[MiniISRU]:NEEDS[Kerbalism,ProfileDefault]:AFTER[Kerbalism]
{
	@MODULE[Configure]{@slots += 1}
}

@PART[ISRU]:NEEDS[Kerbalism,ProfileDefault]:AFTER[Kerbalism]
{
}

// Add extra Kerbalism slot to crewed pod configuration
@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[>0]]:NEEDS[Kerbalism,ProfileDefault]:AFTER[Kerbalism]
{
}

I would like to nerf it that the slot is added only when some tech tree node is unlocked, especially for the pod.
For example heavyCommandModules.

Would this only work when each part gets its own dedicated upgrade entry or is this possible via bulk patching?

@Gordon Dry As far as I am aware what your asking is not possible. ModuleManager via .cfg files makes its modifications to game files before KSP loads them into game and thus are fixed changes.

To modify the number of slots a part has at runtime would have to done via code.

On a side-note I like your idea and think implementing it into Kerbalism would be good, maybe something like when Miniaturization is researched all pods and the ECLSS module gain an extra slot.

You could raise an issue on GitHub and submit your idea as an enhancement ;)

51 minutes ago, PiezPiedPy said:

@Gordon Dry As far as I am aware what your asking is not possible. ModuleManager via .cfg files makes its modifications to game files before KSP loads them into game and thus are fixed changes.

To modify the number of slots a part has at runtime would have to done via code.

On a side-note I like your idea and think implementing it into Kerbalism would be good, maybe something like when Miniaturization is researched all pods and the ECLSS module gain an extra slot.

You could raise an issue on GitHub and submit your idea as an enhancement ;)

@Gordon Dry  This could probably be done with the PartUpgrade Module which would affect only new parts in a save after the requisite tech is unlocked.

Peace.

Edited by theJesuit

39 minutes ago, PiezPiedPy said:

Thanks for the tip, got this enhancement working :)

No worries.  Kerbalism kind of half does its own version of the stock part upgrade module but they each have their weaknesses and strengths.

I'm just pleased that kerbalism is constantly being worked on and improved!  Not sure whether or how to integrate the humidity concept with Simplex as I don't separate out water and food.  I'm think of rearranging it as missed particulates (water and crumbs) basically with humidity regulator being a vacuum filter :D which in turn makes adds it back to OrganicSlurry.

Peace.