[1.5.0 <-> 1.8.1] Kerbalism v3.2

N70

There is log spamming when Kerbonaut boards in/out pod: 

Spoiler

[EXC 21:16:13.572] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KERBALISM.Habitat.UpdateCrew (HostedFromToAction`2 dat)
    EventData`1[GameEvents+HostedFromToAction`2[ProtoCrewMember,Part]].Fire (HostedFromToAction`2 data)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    EventData`1:Fire(HostedFromToAction`2)
    FlightEVA:onGoForEVA()
    FlightEVA:spawnEVA(ProtoCrewMember, Part, Transform, Boolean)
    FlightEVA:SpawnEVA(Kerbal)
    KSP.UI.Screens.Flight.KerbalPortrait:ClickEVA()
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

KSP 1.5.1 w/ Kerbalism 2.0 and RT 1.9.0 there's a message in the log that says: **WARNING** RemoteTech version is below v1.8.13 - Kerbalism's signal system will not operate correctly with the version of RemoteTech currently installed.

Hopefully the message is all that's being done and nothing is actually being disabled in the Signal system...

Full log

I seem to be having a very annoying problem and I can't figure it out.

I'm finding that I still have full control over my uncrewed probes, even when there's no connection at all to the space centre (for example, if I've retracted all antennas). It will say "No connection" in the top-left corner, but I can still control all parts, as though I had full connection.

I'm using Kerbalism and RemoteTech. I've started career mode with "Enable Comm Network" (under Basic) switched on and "Require Signal for Control" (under Advanced) switched on as well. When the game starts and I check settings, I notice "Enable Comm Network" has been switched back off (presumably by the mods so they can use their own system). 

As far as I can tell there are no other settings - in stock or in the mods - which determine whether a signal is needed for control.

Anyone have any ideas what might be causing this?

Edit: Just to clarify what I'm doing here:

1. I load KSP v1.5.1.2335 with Kerbalism and RemoteTech v.1.8.13 (no other mods)
  2. Start sandbox mode, with "Enable Comm Network" switched on and "Require Signal for Control" switched on as well (when the game loads, "Enable Comm Network" is switched back to off)
  3. Create a vessel with a probe core, reaction wheel and antenna, and launch it
  4. Retract the antenna so that there is no connection to the space centre
  5. Turns out I can still wobble the craft around

I didn't have this problem when I was just using RemoteTech.

Edited by squidgeny

Fuel cells don’t seem to be working in 1.5. They can be switched on but produce no power and use no resources.

In the VAB the planner only ever shows production for a single cell no matter how many you stack.

Im also getting an error message on start up saying kerbalism needs 1.5 (I’m using 1.5).

Edited by Mulbin

On 11/30/2018 at 12:04 PM, Mulbin said:

Fuel cells don’t seem to be working in 1.5. They can be switched on but produce no power and use no resources.

In the VAB the planner only ever shows production for a single cell no matter how many you stack.

Im also getting an error message on start up saying kerbalism needs 1.5 (I’m using 1.5).

Make sure you have set excess Water to be dumped, as the fuel cell cannot work if the water storage is full.

On 11/25/2018 at 10:04 PM, squidgeny said:
  1. I load KSP v1.5.1.2335 with Kerbalism and RemoteTech v.1.8.13 (no other mods)

I didn't have this problem when I was just using RemoteTech.

My guess is this is your problem. You're probably using new probe cores introduced in 1.5.1. RT 1.8.13 has no config files for them, they were introduced in RT 1.9.0. Without config files these probe cores do not obey connectivity rules and are controllable when there is no connection. Update your RT and this should solve the problem.   

11 hours ago, JebIsDeadBaby said:

My guess is this is your problem. You're probably using new probe cores introduced in 1.5.1. RT 1.8.13 has no config files for them, they were introduced in RT 1.9.0. Without config files these probe cores do not obey connectivity rules and are controllable when there is no connection. Update your RT and this should solve the problem.   

Thank you! In retrospect, rather stupid of me to not check for a new version...

I installed the latest RemoteTech, tested it, and it works. Thanks for your help :)

Hi guys! :) I'm trying to write some patches to rebalance several Kerbalism features in my own vision and I can't figure out one thing – what is zzzKerbalism is used in :FOR[ ] sections of many configs? Is it some part of Kerbalism DLL or what? When should I use :FOR(BEFORE/AFTER)[zzzKerbalism] instead of :FOR[Kerbalism]?

2 hours ago, Dr. TarB said:

Hi guys! :) I'm trying to write some patches to rebalance several Kerbalism features in my own vision and I can't figure out one thing – what is zzzKerbalism is used in :FOR[ ] sections of many configs? Is it some part of Kerbalism DLL or what? When should I use :FOR(BEFORE/AFTER)[zzzKerbalism] instead of :FOR[Kerbalism]?

MM considers the presence a mod through:

• A folder
  • A plugin
  • The name given in a :FOR pass.

ZZZKerbalism tells MM that a mod with this name exists, and every patch associated with this mod will run in the alphabetically sorted position of this mod. ZZZKerbalism is an attempt to make certain Kerbalism patches run after the patches for every other mod has run. This kind of thing is more appropriate to use than :FINAL which is abused by many other mods.

15 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

MM considers the presence a mod through:

• A folder
  • A plugin
  • The name given in a :FOR pass.

ZZZKerbalism tells MM that a mod with this name exists, and every patch associated with this mod will run in the alphabetically sorted position of this mod. ZZZKerbalism is an attempt to make certain Kerbalism patches run after the patches for every other mod has run. This kind of thing is more appropriate to use than :FINAL which is abused by many other mods.

OK, thx a lot friend :) I had a similar guess at the beginning of my search but couldn't find anything in MM wiki (which is strange...). After your reply I came to the MM thread and found some info. Surely I should have done it before writing a post, so sorry for that :blush:... and again thanks for your reply))

Using Kerbalism 2.0.0 (+prerequisites) in an otherwise stock KSP 1.5.1(Making History) install on Linux. I'm getting #autoloc issues on Configurable Pods in the VAB and R&D tooltips. Running a grep search on my game folder for one of those shows the following matches:

myuser@mydesktop:~/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program 1.5.1 (DEV)$ grep -Ril "autoloc_501024" .
./GameData/Squad/Resources/TechTree.cfg
./GameData/Squad/Localization/dictionary.cfg
./GameData/ModuleManager.ConfigCache

na2FdSL.jpg

Can somebody please explain to me how pressurization works. I get the idea that nitrogen is used to pressurize the pod, and pressurization is unlocked. I have it unlocked and enabled but it constantly just says pressurizing 0.00% in my pods. Playing on RSS/RP-1 1.3.1

7 hours ago, Subcidal said:

Can somebody please explain to me how pressurization works. I get the idea that nitrogen is used to pressurize the pod, and pressurization is unlocked. I have it unlocked and enabled but it constantly just says pressurizing 0.00% in my pods. Playing on RSS/RP-1 1.3.1

To clarify, one of the ECLSS modules in the pod is a Pressure Control?  And you have Nitrogen, and EC?

Kerbalism 2.1 is out, for KSP 1.3.x, 1.4.x, and 1.5.x!

All the DLLs and BINs in an official release are signed with the GPG key

steamport [email protected] (F3F5 C121 EA1A ADCA)

## v2.1.0 for KSP 1.5.x , 1.4.x and 1.3.1
 - 2018-12-18

### Changes since the last release

* xmitDataScalar = 1 for Bluedog DB early probes. (Gordon Dry)
* Add support patch for the USI-NF compatibility patch. (Gordon Dry)
* Make CCK play nice with FilterExtensions. (Gordon Dry)
* Added sickbay RDU to four additional parts (with 1 slot each):
  - Bluedog_DB - MOL Orbital Habitation SegmentS
  - StationPartsExpansionRedux - PTD-5 'Sunrise' Habitation Module
  - NearFutureSpacecraft - PPD-24 Itinerant Service Container
  - Duna Direct's Kerbin Return Vehicle (KRV) (Gordon Dry)
* Sickbay TV is only available in crewable parts (crew >3) without a laboratory now and it uses 0.25 EC/s
   instead of 12 EC/s. It's 64x less effective now - and same as effective as 100% comfort. (Gordon Dry)
* Sickbay RDU now uses 3.5 EC/s instead of 35 EC/s but also works 5x slower (cures 0.02 rad/h now). (Gordon Dry)
* Added support for Kerbalow KA-330 Inflatable Space Hotel. (Gordon Dry)
* Added missing xmitDataScalar to Support/OrbitalScience.cfg and also added UniversalStorage2 compatibility. (Gordon Dry)
* Converted all remaining png and mbm textures to dds (Gordon Dry)
* The connection signal icon alternates between yellow and red when signal strengh is below 5%. (HaullyGames)
* Connection: connection rate is minimum rate in ControlPath. (HaullyGames)
* Kerbals on EVA got a radio to transmit science data. Antenna range limited to 35km. (Gordon Dry)
* Converted all remaining png and mbm textures to dds (Gordon Dry)
* File Manager shows remaining transmission time when hovering over file. (HaullyGames)
* RemoteTech - Added signal strength based on Dist/maxDist. (HaullyGames)
* Added "Set as Target" in Monitor. (HaullyGames)
* Panel - Define the hover area to be the same size of font size. (HaullyGames)
* Increased SCANSat experiment sizes. A planetary map shouldn't be smaller than a temperature reading. (Sir Mortimer)
* Connection Manager Panel, click in signal Icon to open the Connection Panel. (HaullyGames)
* CommNet: disable stock transmission buttons and transmission action group. (HaullyGames)
* Add support for per-part resource simulation which is ONLY used for resources that are NO_FLOW, such as EnrichedUranium. (madman2003)
* Fix support for dump options that don't use valves. (madman2003)
* Make the planner outputs less quirky by running the simulator several cycles to reach steady state. (madman2003)
* NearFutureSolar: Add reliability for curved solar panels. (madman2003)
* NearFutureElectrical: Support Reactors and Reprocessor. (madman2003)
* Don't show resources in telemetry that have practically zero value, avoid flickering telemetry. (madman2003)
* Don't fill habitat with CO2 rich atmosphere when enabling habitat in VAB. (madman2003)
* Air pump should only work on planets with naturally breathable atmosphere. (madman2003)

Edited by N70

Why does the BFR from tundra exploration mod uses like 100 units of electricity per second with Kerbalism? When I hover my mouse on consumption it says transmission (or active communication, something like that) takes 100 units of electricity per second. Can I somehow reduce active communication electricity cost?

I tried to fix it for 3 hours then gave up, please help!

1 hour ago, N70 said:

ok, 2.1.1 is out, works on 1.6, go nuts

There was a proposal I made to shotgun before his disappearance that he planned to incorporate. It was a way to detect solar storms by launching satellites that could give you early warnings by 24 hours and without the satellites you would have 20 minutes to 1 hour to prepare or you'd be hit without warning. You could consider adding this in