[1.5.0 <-> 1.8.1] Kerbalism v3.2

N70

30 minutes ago, JebIsDeadBaby said:

The only solution I see is to manually change tech titles from handles to their proper names (which is not hard as they are literally in the same line, at the end). Then they will appear properly in the game modded with Kerbalism. 

Ok, thanks. This is troublesome in the respect that the monoprop fuel cell seems be toggle-able between mono and hydrogen, but the autoloc seems to be preventing me from switching these options.

@Abrecan what @JebIsDeadBaby said is correct, you will find the files that contain the references in the GameData/Kerbalism/Localization folder.

To anyone using VSR and having problems I'm just letting you know that a bug was found and fixed lately that may (and that's a slight may) have also been causing your VSR problems.

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 2:52 PM, lordcirth said:

Do you have Module Manager and Community Resource Pack installed?

Yeah thats was the reason thx.

I have a bit played around. How that with relays work?

Did a dish and a commutron together on a satelite - but it didnt worked for me.

Anyone having issues with Near Future Electrical Reactors and Kerbalism?

When Kerbalism is installed eh Reactor Control Panel disappears and you can no longer manage the reactors except to turn them on and off.

I trimmed down my bug testing environment the following:

• KSP 1.6.1.2401 x64
  • Module Manager 3.1.3
  • Kerbalism 2.1.1
  • Near Future Electrical 0.10.4
  • B9 part switch 2.5.1 *required by NFE
  • Community Resource Pack 1.0.0.0 *required by NFE
  • Dynamic Battery Storage 1.3.3 *required by NFE

On 1/9/2019 at 8:35 AM, PiezPiedPy said:

To anyone using VSR and having problems I'm just letting you know that a bug was found and fixed lately that may (and that's a slight may) have also been causing your VSR problems.

Tried KSP with the latest development build of Kerbalism. Sadly, that didn't fix the problem with VSR.

Hello,

will this version mismatch in ckan be fixed ?

If you install 2.0.1.0 (wich is 2.1.1.0 in real) manualy, every thing works fine but everytime you start ckan it will upgrade Kerbalism to 2.1.0.0 ( wich is 2.1.0.0 in real). That will broke your game if u dont pay attention on it.

1 hour ago, FlatEric said:

Hello,

will this version mismatch in ckan be fixed ?

If you install 2.0.1.0 (wich is 2.1.1.0 in real) manualy, every thing works fine but everytime you start ckan it will upgrade Kerbalism to 2.1.0.0 ( wich is 2.1.0.0 in real). That will broke your game if u dont pay attention on it.

CKan is installing the Kerbalism version for KSP 1.3

Hi,

under 1.6.1 and also in 1.5.1 i had the Problem that Kerbalism’s Parts had been missing in the game! I have the Main Game and all DLC's and no CKan.

I helped my self and found a old fix of a user in the Internet:

"As a temporary fix, you can add this in a *.cfg file and drop it anywhere in your gamedata folder :

@PART[kerbalism-activeshield]:NEEDS[FeatureRadiation]:FINAL { @category = Utility }
@PART[kerbalism-gravityring]:NEEDS[FeatureComfort]:FINAL { @category = Utility }
@PART[kerbalism-greenhouse]:HAS[@MODULE[*]]:FINAL { @category = Utility }
@PART[kerbalism-chemicalplant]:HAS[@MODULE[*]]:FINAL { @category = Utility }
@PART[kerbalism-container-*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[*]]:FINAL { @category = Utility }
@PART[kerbalism-container-*]:HAS[@MODULE[*]]:FINAL { @category = Utility }"

Know it works fine, but i am not sure why this old bug is not fiexed. The solution is form 2017 and is still working. May i did a mistake when installing the Mod?

Edited by Sigmund Jähn

On 1/11/2019 at 4:49 PM, Shaman said:
  • Dynamic Battery Storage 1.3.3 *required by NFE

I'm not sure if this is causing this particular problem, but Dynamic Battery Storage is a known conflict with Kerbalism, and NFE does seem to work without it despite it being listed as a requirement.

Usually the symptom is kerbals suddenly running out of life support in timewarp, but it might be worth trying without this to see if it helps here too.

I'm having some issues with automation and my fuel cell. I have automation set such that the fuel cell switches off at >80% EC, and on at <20% EC. Fuel cells are kinda heavy duty for small probes and I don't have solar panels yet in my career, so it's really useful to be able to preserve their lifespan. Here's what I see:

1) The automation triggers fire successfully and I get a message saying so!

2) The tweakables menu on the fuel cell successfully flips.

3) The fuel cell does not change its behaviour. As I said, the tweakable flips from stopped to running, but no EC is produced and no hydrogen/oxygen is used. The "devices" section on automation also believes it is running. Same behaviour when going from stopped to running.

4) If I go back to the tracking station and then back to the craft then if the fuel cell tweakable says running it fires up. If the fuel cell tweakable says stopped it does not stop.

Manual control of the fuel cell works, but is clearly a lot of work. Any ideas? Automation seems to work with other things: scrubber/pressure control/air pump/antenna all behave as expected.

Edited by TGApples

1 hour ago, Rafael acevedo said:

CKan is installing the Kerbalism version for KSP 1.3

Yes, but the correct version for KSP 1.6 is listed in ckan (2.0.1.0), just the numbering is not correct.

2.0.1.0 should be 2.1.1.0.

Edited by FlatEric

Im really struggling with this mod. I seem to be running out of EC all the time, but I have no way of telling what is consuming the most EC so I can shut it down. Even with solar panels in direct sunlight I get a warning that I dont have any EC and then it doesnt seem to recharge at all.

Is there any way I can see a list of things using EC so I can shut them down or correct them?

2 hours ago, Festivejelly said:

Im really struggling with this mod. I seem to be running out of EC all the time, but I have no way of telling what is consuming the most EC so I can shut it down. Even with solar panels in direct sunlight I get a warning that I dont have any EC and then it doesnt seem to recharge at all.

Is there any way I can see a list of things using EC so I can shut them down or correct them?

In the VAB there is a planner that will tell you.  Most likely culprit I reckon are the antenna.  They use EC all the time to maintain connection.

Peace.

5 hours ago, Festivejelly said:

Besides the tool in the editor, I would recommend amp year, it gives you the ability to see what everything is consuming. It allows you to shut them down, turn them on, and also to set up emergency power and batteries

11 hours ago, Rafael acevedo said:

Besides the tool in the editor, I would recommend amp year, it gives you the ability to see what everything is consuming. It allows you to shut them down, turn them on, and also to set up emergency power and batteries

Oh this sounds like exactly the kind of tool im looking for.

As theJetsuit said I also think its my antenna that are consuming lots, but ill still checkout the tool.

The in-game toolbar lets you see all the consumers of EC in-flight and automate enabling/disabling them under certain criteria (eg. low charge/high charge/sunlight/shadow). Unfortunately it doesn't give consumption amounts. I've also found one bug with it, so I guess there may be more.

Edited by TGApples

12 hours ago, Rafael acevedo said:

esides the tool in the editor, I would recommend amp year, it gives you the ability to see what everything is consuming. It allows you to shut them down, turn them on, and also to set up emergency power and batteries

Funny you say that, b/c I'm using both and getting conflicting info from both windows... Not to mention the EC is all wanky… It goes to perpetual, then lower, then back up and so on. I have to keep turning off and back on again....

Note: The autoloc I noticed it disappeared when I researched the upgrade for the fuel cell... Weird that you start out with a hydrogen+ oxygen first instead of monoprop. 

@Maeyanie, I tried removing the DBS and still the same thing.  I submitted an issue so maybe when @n70 has some time he can take a look.  This is really an awesome mod and I'm glad he picked it back up.  I wish I knew something about programming or else I would help. :)

Hi guys,

I'm trying to edit the range of the Communotron 8. In the VAB, the part description gives its range as 1.75Mm. But in the mod files, I can't find this figure. I'm looking in Parts > ShortAntenna > kerbalism-antenna.cfg, and the only bit that looks remotely connected (ahaw) to range is "rescaleFactor", set to 0.666. But when I fiddle with that, it still shows as 1.75Mm in the description in the VAB.

Any ideas? (apologies if this is actually simple, I'm a bit rubbish with mods!)

2 hours ago, squidgeny said:

Hi guys,

I'm trying to edit the range of the Communotron 8. In the VAB, the part description gives its range as 1.75Mm. But in the mod files, I can't find this figure. I'm looking in Parts > ShortAntenna > kerbalism-antenna.cfg, and the only bit that looks remotely connected (ahaw) to range is "rescaleFactor", set to 0.666. But when I fiddle with that, it still shows as 1.75Mm in the description in the VAB.

Any ideas? (apologies if this is actually simple, I'm a bit rubbish with mods!)

https://github.com/steamp0rt/Kerbalism/blob/146328b661f6f4ce01ca6badb642e11468eda6fd/GameData/Kerbalism/System/Signal.cfg

16 hours ago, lordcirth said:

Thanks for this, though unfortunately I'm not seeing any reference to the Communotron 8 in that file or to the figure of 1.75Mm. I assume the range is being calculated from some other figure in this file - but which?

I think I found a bug, I added Near Future Electrical to my modded KSP install, and it deleted the ECLSS module part from ksp, along with my 2 space stations! I'm afraid to reproduce this for the fact that I was lucky to get them back in the first place, but does anyone know why this happened?

Edited by Dnarbnellih2