[1.5.0 <-> 1.8.1] Kerbalism v3.2

N70

@N70 I think kerbalism is missing in the sample return department. What I mean is the sample return container being disabled kind of kills some gameplay functionality. Could you make it be that some samples can't be transmitted and thus require a sample return? Could maybe a secondary function be added to the materials bay which would make it take a surface sample robotically and thus require a sample return? I truly think that the sample return part should be allowed back in kerbalism and given a use.

If not is there a way I can allow the sample return module to be reactivated in my game? Which lines of code should I change? 

What should I know about using Kerbalism, TAC LS and USI-LS?  I just found out today that Supplies in USI is basically food and water and whatnot in Kerbalism...which means I have more "consumable stuff" than I need.  This probably explains my confusion with mulch and fertilizer.

On 2/21/2019 at 8:36 PM, Maniacal said:

Habtech2 has released. Time for some updating in the support files I suppose.

yup

14 hours ago, scottadges said:

Hey all, checking back in on Kerbalism. I've been running 1.6.1 for a bit but I'm really missing Kerbalism, since when I checked a while back there were some issues.

Anybody still seeing any concerns running on 1.6.1? I'm assuming (fingers crossed!) nothing other than the memory stuttering, which I've already installed the MemGraph add-on.

Appreciate the confirmations!

Kerbalism16.bin is built against KSP 1.6.1

13 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

@N70 I think kerbalism is missing in the sample return department. What I mean is the sample return container being disabled kind of kills some gameplay functionality. Could you make it be that some samples can't be transmitted and thus require a sample return? Could maybe a secondary function be added to the materials bay which would make it take a surface sample robotically and thus require a sample return? I truly think that the sample return part should be allowed back in kerbalism and given a use.

If not is there a way I can allow the sample return module to be reactivated in my game? Which lines of code should I change? 

samples can't be transmitted without being processed through a lab, iirc

12 hours ago, -Medved- said:

AAAAAAAAAA!!! Mans!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Since now Kerbalism has nothing to do with stutters!!! All stutters are gone on new version!!

there hasn't been a new version in the past week or so

7 hours ago, traisjames said:

What should I know about using Kerbalism, TAC LS and USI-LS?  I just found out today that Supplies in USI is basically food and water and whatnot in Kerbalism...which means I have more "consumable stuff" than I need.  This probably explains my confusion with mulch and fertilizer.

are you high? because that's the only rational reason i can think of where someone would try to use 3 LS mods at once.

Edited by N70

1 hour ago, N70 said:

Coooool! I'll have to try out this version.

I have some craft in orbit that will *conveniently* suffer reentry issues (since they're using Kerbal Health) and then I can install Kerbalism on my main game.

Oh, another question: Do we still need the "CC_RemoteTech.dll" file to make certain things work properly? I have it with my previous Kerbalism files in my backup mods folder. (can't remember what the file did... just that I got it from Discord and it fixed... something.)

Edited by scottadges

On 2/22/2019 at 11:05 AM, The-Doctor said:

@N70Could you make it be that some samples can't be transmitted and thus require a sample return?

The out-of-box behavior of Kerbalism is that Goo, Materials Bay, and Surface Samples cannot be transmitted. I believe Labs process samples so they can be transmitted. Are you seeing something else?

I can't seem to get the auto-turn-on of fuel cells to work properly. Either it is bugged or I misunderstand something about it; my bias leans towards the former, but I admit both possibilities. KSP 1.6.1, Kerbalism 2.1.2, module manager 4.0.2. I'm doing very early missions figuring out how to use Kerbalism at all. Mun flyby/orbit stuff. I build a craft with a battery, solar panels, and fuel cell. Yes, I have both H2 and O2 tanks for the fuel cell and it is dumping water. I configure it to turn on when the battery is low and turn off when the battery is high. So I tool along, enter a shadow and before on my battery is down to zero. I examine the fuel cell and it says it is running, but the battery isn't charging and my H2 tank is still 100% full. I manually click twice - once to stop it and the second click to restart it. Now my battery charge starts going up and my H2 level starts dropping. All looks fine. And when the battery gets to 80%, it looks like the fuel cell properly shuts off per the auto configuration. Seems like it was lying about actually running until I manually toggled it off and back on. This makes the auto control sort of useless. Am I missing something?

Oi.

Im currently troubleshooting my new install of KSP with latest devbuild version of Kerbalism (2.2.0).
Installing my mods one by one and encountered a few of Nertea's mods that used to work in the previous versions, but somehow don't work at this state.

• Cryogenic Engines (latest)
  • Kerbal Atomics (latest)
  • Near Future Electrical (latest)

These three mods all depend on "DynamicBatteryStorage" what seems to mess up the Kerbalism GUI planner in the VAB/SPH
I remember reading somewhere that DBS caused errors before, as it has to do with EC on timewarps and such.

Just for my curiousity, what is the Kerbalism GUI Planner working on, as this "DBS" mod causes it not to work.

All other features of Kerbalism seem to remain working just fine, in VAB/SPH and in flight.
It just causes the GUI planner to not pop-up when clicking the icon.

--------------------------------------------

@PiezPiedPy seem to be related to the Dev build.
Rolled back to latest stable 2.1.0 and have no issues what so ever...

Edited by dxeh

For anyone using that dev build I posted on Discord then beware, as it was built for only a quick test by a couple of the discord users so I had some results to verify I was heading in the right direction regarding the VAB/SPH stuttering bug. I suggest NOT to use it :/

1 hour ago, PiezPiedPy said:

For anyone using that dev build I posted on Discord then beware, as it was built for only a quick test by a couple of the discord users so I had some results to verify I was heading in the right direction regarding the VAB/SPH stuttering bug. I suggest NOT to use it :/

tenor.gif

@N70  I'd like to edit my kerbalism settings to allow the use of the sample return capsule even if it isn't useful but for aesthetic purposes.

Besides that I think "analysing" samples with the lab and transmitting it, while fine, isn't fully realistic. Nasa wouldn't want to do a Mars sample return mission if simply analysing on the spot was enough. That's just my opinion. 

If you could show me what to edit to make the sample return capsule reappear and its stock functionality to return that'd mean a lot, I miss that gameplay. 

2 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

@N70  I'd like to edit my kerbalism settings to allow the use of the sample return capsule even if it isn't useful but for aesthetic purposes.

Besides that I think "analysing" samples with the lab and transmitting it, while fine, isn't fully realistic. Nasa wouldn't want to do a Mars sample return mission if simply analysing on the spot was enough. That's just my opinion. 

If you could show me what to edit to make the sample return capsule reappear and its stock functionality to return that'd mean a lot, I miss that gameplay. 

Why won't you just use a probe core for that?

5 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

That's why we send humans kerbals :). They do the analysing in situ rather than send the stuff home.  I agree with robotoic samples not being done.

Peace.