[1.5.0 <-> 1.8.1] Kerbalism v3.2

N70

1 hour ago, Citizen247 said:

Me too, it literally just started today as well. I'd installed Bluedog pruned some parts with JanitorsCloset then restarted and Kerbalism stopped working in the editor. I removed the new mods and undid the pruning and it still doesn't work, so I'm somewhat at a loss to understand what's going on.

I get this error spammed to the log though:

So it's complaining about a missing resource definition, but I have no idea what that resource may be, nor why it's suddenly missing.

Same. I can't find any resource named " _HyLiquefaction".

I too have the issue. Worked fine yesterday. What I did today is installed some mods like Kerbal Atomics and some Near Future stuff. Also updated Module Manager via CKAN.

After I noticed that Kerbalism is not working I uninstalled the mods except for the Modul Manager update, but Kerbalism still does not work. I don't have VSR installed, so I'm still looking for the cause of the issue.

12 minutes ago, isoPhotek said:

I too have the issue. Worked fine yesterday. What I did today is installed some mods like Kerbal Atomics and some Near Future stuff. Also updated Module Manager via CKAN.

After I noticed that Kerbalism is not working I uninstalled the mods except for the Modul Manager update, but Kerbalism still does not work. I don't have VSR installed, so I'm still looking for the cause of the issue.

Check if CryoTanks is installed, I seem to remember that was a problem and at least used to be bundled with Near Future.

13 minutes ago, Einstein_Cross_X1 said:

Same. I can't find any resource named " _HyLiquefaction".

I think it's a pseudo resource so internal to Kerbalism. Which makes it even more curious that it suddenly stops working.

1 hour ago, dxeh said:

have this ever since i updated to latest version,
going to try with previous version again

Good idea. I just did that and the problem is gone :/.

ETA: I've also noticed since rolling back to the earlier version that memory usage has been cut in half.

Edited by Citizen247

43 minutes ago, Citizen247 said:

Check if CryoTanks is installed, I seem to remember that was a problem and at least used to be bundled with Near Future.

Already removed CryoTanks, I also removed everything Near Future but it's still not working. I'll try to rebuild my mod list from scratch and a previous Kerbalism version.

Update: I went and rerolled Module Manager back to 3.1.3 and that seems to have solved the issue!

Edited by isoPhotek

47 minutes ago, Citizen247 said:

I think it's a pseudo resource so internal to Kerbalism. Which makes it even more curious that it suddenly stops working.

There seems to be an issue between the new module manager and kerbalism

7 minutes ago, Rafael acevedo said:

There seems to be an issue between the new module manager and kerbalism

Good catch. That makes sense, I just installed the latest module manager and didn't think to remove it. So it looks like the latest kerbalism and the latest module manager don't like each other.

16 minutes ago, Citizen247 said:

Good catch. That makes sense, I just installed the latest module manager and didn't think to remove it. So it looks like the latest kerbalism and the latest module manager don't like each other.

MM v4.0.1 was just released very early today to fix an issue with not loading modified tech tree and physics.

However, someone's reported that MM v4.0.1 is reporting less mods loaded compared to 4.0.0....

Edited by Jacke

11 minutes ago, Jacke said:

MM v4.0.1 was just released very early today to fix an issue with not loading modified tech tree and physics.

However, someone's reported that MM v4.0.1 is reporting less mods loaded compared to 4.0.0....

I've noticed that as well. With an older version there's over 30,000 patches. With 4.0.1 there's 26,000.

30 minutes ago, Citizen247 said:

Actuall it was Nils the,pbs author who caught it

6 minutes ago, Citizen247 said:

I've noticed that as well. With an older version there's over 30,000 patches. With 4.0.1 there's 26,000.

Perhaps you can get logs for both and post them in the Module Manager topic to help @blowfish track down the MM issue.

So, I guess, we all just have to live with MicroFreezing if we want to use Kerbalism?   If that's the case, I will just have to abandon the mod...  I really hate to do that as I've waited 6 months for this issue to be resolved already.

15 minutes ago, Xordus said:

MicroFreezing

Kerbalism seems to introduce considerable (~7MB/sec) memory churn in my game, so I expect it's the garbage collector causing the pauses. I don't know if that garbage is all Kerbalism, but it's stopped me using it so far.
Kerbalism looks an awesome, but the performance hit (particularly when combined with other mods) is just unacceptable.
For comparison, the TACLS + KerbalHealth setup I'm using now makes no discernable addition to garbage generation at all.

I'm getting an ArgumentOutOfRangeException when I try to copy a part in the editor via 'alt + left click':

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[PartResource].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DictionaryValueList`2[System.Int32,PartResource].At (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartResourceList.get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Part.OnCopy (.Part original, Boolean asSymCounterpart) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EditorLogic.<SetupFSM>m__21 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalFSM.RunEvent (.KFSMEvent evt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalFSM.updateFSM (KFSMUpdateMode mode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalFSM.UpdateFSM () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EditorLogic.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j1fn8tvxx92fe5h/output_log(Kerbalism_copy).txt?dl=0

Tried it on KSP 1.6.1, just the latest version of Kerbalism + dependencies installed + a custom patch so MM 4.0.1 actually applies all the patches for Kerbalism.

24 minutes ago, dxeh said:

@steve_v use Memgraphto reduce stutters because of Garbage collection for now.

Yes, I know. Memgraph does not "fix" the GC stutters, only defers them. It does SFA in this case.
The only way to fix the GC stuttering is to reduce the amount if garbage generated, something Kerbalism apparently fails miserably to do.

Suddenly my game started ignoring Kerbalism changes to experiment definitions. Science Box reappeared, low orbit EVA reports are again biome dependent, pressure and temp scans are now recoverable AND 50% transmittable. I checked KSP.log and it seems that all changes are discarded because I don't have FeatureScience, whatever it is... Is it a mod or sth? I checked older Kerbalism version and it seems that NEEDS[FeatureScience] was always there, so it seems something changed on my end. DMagic Orbital Science got an update recently, could it be something it? I've never heard about this FeatureScience...

Hello,

I have a problem with life support in kerbalism. I play ksp 1.3.1, and after intensive testing, I found that ppds are no scrubbing at all, and ECLSS process exactly 99% of a kerbals breathing. The biggewt problem is that, althought I can set 3 slots of a ECLSS to scrubbing, two ECLSS dont stack, so I will never be able to put more than 2 kerbals in a ship!Anyone has experienced something similar?

On 1/26/2019 at 12:29 PM, 4x4cheesecake said:

It is a non-Dll mod from kerbalism which does not register properly with ModuleManager 4.0.0 and 4.0.1.

Downgrade MM to a previous version should fix it for now.

I had to downgrade to 3.1.3. With 4.0.0 it appeared to work but I found Kerbalism didn't add itself to command modules properly.

On 1/26/2019 at 12:54 PM, Rauko said:

Hello,

I have a problem with life support in kerbalism. I play ksp 1.3.1, and after intensive testing, I found that ppds are no scrubbing at all, and ECLSS process exactly 99% of a kerbals breathing. The biggewt problem is that, althought I can set 3 slots of a ECLSS to scrubbing, two ECLSS dont stack, so I will never be able to put more than 2 kerbals in a ship!Anyone has experienced something similar?

I've found that the scrubber in the our only works for a short period (a few days). If you add the external part to a service module it seems to work well though.

.... how would the configuration menus normally look for pressurized tanks and other storage items? I have two tanks configured, one for hydrogen and the other oxygen, but my fuel cell is not producing power. I can't see any amount or mass readouts of my tanks, and the habitat readout/report in the VAB always tells me I have no pressurization in my command pods despite having the component installed and tanks configured for the resources I am told to use... also the debug readout when in the VAB screams (spewing a message more than 2 or 3 times per second is screaming to me) constantly about NullReferences without telling me what call or function is complaining about them. Of course I have not checked the debug since I started suspecting to have a problem and just tested mod loadouts till my fuel cell worked but this proved fruitless as in some cases the items in the menus for the tanks and/or fuel cells disappeared entirely in the VAB but not the tech tree... also the most recent version of Kerbalism has a typo in the version file identifying itself as  2.0.1.

...\GameData contents: B9PartSwitch -- CommunityCategoryKit -- CommunityTechTree -- DistantObject -- DMagicOrbitalScience -- HideEmptyTechTreeNodes -- Kerbalism -- KSPRescuePodFix -- NearFutureProps -- PersistentRotation -- RealPlume -- RealPlume-Stock -- SmokeScreen -- Squad -- SquadExpansion -- StationPartsExpansionRedux -- ModuleManager.3.1.3.dll

...ConfigCache 5,119 KB ...ConfigSHA 269 KB ...Physics 9 KB ...TechTree 66 KB

Edited by Maniacal
Remembered more info and not formatting like a dick.

On 1/28/2019 at 12:18 PM, Citizen247 said:

I've found that the scrubber in the our only works for a short period (a few days). If you add the external part to a service module it seems to work well though.

In my case, the pod scrubber doesnt work at all since launch, and the external does, scrubbing a 0.99 kerbals breath per slot. And more important, two external scrubbers dont stack, so you can only scrub for 2.97 kerbals max. 

So no interplanetay trips for 3 or more kerbals.