Jet cannot hit Mach 1

Any ideas on why this design cannot hit beyond Mach 1?

BD Armory, P-wings, AARS, Airplane Plus in use for the jet.

The crazy part is that it is the same when I ditch all the armaments.

Also, it flies like a brick with MechJeb2 Autopilot.

Edited by Val
Fixed imgur link

Do you know how to turn on the AeroGUI, and other in flight aero information? Just as a wild guess, I'm going to bet that it's the wheels.

But just one panther in wet mode should easily get you to 800 m/s with stock parts, so one of the mod parts on there is super draggy.

You can also just take parts off one by one, and replace them with stock parts until the problem goes away. That's very effective.

Every single shot there, that plane looks to be climbing ... tried getting a bit of height then a shallow dive?  You're solidly transonic and still going up, get maybe another 60-100 m/s and it's off to the races...

6 minutes ago, Kryxal said:

Every single shot there, that plane looks to be climbing ... tried getting a bit of height then a shallow dive?  You're solidly transonic and still going up, get maybe another 60-100 m/s and it's off to the races...

The shots there are just to show you my jet's design. The most speed I got was about mach 1.4 while diving straight down from 10km.

1 hour ago, byong614 said:

How do I turn the aero gui on? I'll have a play with KF wheels.

Hit Alt-F12 to go into the Debug menu. Select the Physics tab. Then Aero. Click some of the checkboxes. "Show Aero data in Action Menus" is the best one.

Then, while you are in flight, open the menus for each type of part. It will give you drag information. Look for a really big number when you are going fast. :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.