Brainlord Mesomorph says “So long, and thanks for all the fish.”

Brainlord Mesomorph

It has come to my attention that in order to post on this forum, I’m supposed to agree the 1.4 EULA.

While that is an obvious and ham-fisted attempt to silence decent, nevertheless, since I clearly do not agree, my presence here is a clear violation of the TOS of this website, and as such, I should rightly be banned.

But before I go, I just wanted to say a heartfelt “Thank you” to my friends in Mexico at Squad for creating what I truly believe to the finest computer game ever made. It is the perfect blend of lighthearted fun and a serious education of the physics of spaceflight. Kudos.  It’s just so deep, I think they call that “play value.” You could play version 1.3 forever.

[snip]

What will my absence mean to the community?  Well, actually I had big plans for KSP. First of all I’m the guy who figured out how to get your interplanetary departure angle from the Sun, and the inventor of the spaceplane sandwich. I’ve been writing other tutorials, too. I’ve got 12 pages on high speed rover piloting, a large portion of my personal website was going to be devoted to KSP (screw that). Also I have two different solutions to the ship-naming problem (one quick little work-around players can do now, and as a db engineer I figured an actual in-game fix that would solve the problem once and for all). But no, not yours!

[snip]

Do I really expect TT to change the EULA? No, not really, villains don’t change. Will I give up? Heroes don’t do that. (sorry - not that I am a hero, just that I am trying to follow the example of one.)

I won’t be back to see any replies to this, so to everyone who is sorry to see me go; I wish I didn’t have to. And to everyone who posts “good riddance” in the thread below; Up yours.

People have told me it doesn’t matter, who cares, and everyone else already has their fingers in our pants, why does it matter where Take Two puts their thumb? Well to that I can only say this:

“We've made too many compromises already, too many retreats. They invade our space, and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds, and we fall back. Not again! The line must be drawn here! This far, no further!...”
(it goes on from there.)

And that note, I’ll say goodbye.

(VOTES WITH FEET.)

I don't know what the EULA states, really, because I didn't read it. My complain about this post is that it is too dramatic. And nowhere does it mention what the hell the problem it is.

I am actually interested in the trajectory stuff but it seems to be deleted. If you did it, then KSP won, because you ragequit.

2 hours ago, Brainlord Mesomorph said:

[snip]

I respect everything you have said but I take exception to the above paragraph. Who the hell do you think you are to say how smart or dumb I am based on what I decide to do in my spare time. I decide what risks are worth taking in my life and what battles to fight. You just come across as self-obsessed and over-opinionated when you make comments like that.

To be fair to the OP I too don't agree with the EULA for the update being far too broad in it's terms and conditions going way beyond what is actually required for a stand alone game, so I won't be downloading it.  My KSP playing days are for now fixed at playing with v1.3.  In the short term this won't make any difference to me.  In the long term it means I won't be able to share my creations or, indeed, download any creations put out there by other members of the KSP community, as they won't be compatible.

2 hours ago, Brainlord Mesomorph said:

[snip]

This was the point where I just stopped reading. You have absolutely 0 right to tell other people how smart or dumb they are because of your opinion. Everything you've said over the past few days/weeks ( I haven't gone all the way back, so honestly not sure which one is correct), is at an essence, your opinion. The EULA just says that they have the right to do it, not that they will. If I decide to risk that and keep playing, you have 0 right to ever tell me I'm not intelligent.

10 minutes ago, MaxwellsDemon said:

I wish for a bag of popcorn while I'm watching.

Melodramatic exit post, implying people are stupid because they don't agree with his opinion, oversized bold fonts... This oughta be good.

jon-stewart-popcorn11.gif

two things... and one of them is [redacted by order of O-5]

1. you, sire, are not a dolphin.

2. for the grumpy response: drama, drama, drama. it's nice that [expunged by order of O-5].

When I said I'd respect you for leaving; I meant quietly, with dignity.

Your entire stance on this issue has been overly dramatic, overly political, and I think; self serving. Whether you are just looking for attention, a moment in the spotlight, reflected interest, or a bunch of "likes" ...I can't really say, but your final "door-slamming, feet-stomping, I quit!" post has only further cemented my opinion.

If at some point in the future you realize you blew this out of proportion and decide to come back, I'll be good enough to not mention it and pretend nothing happened. I can't make the same promise for everyone else though. Best of luck guy. 

Some content has been removed from this thread, because it was devolving into personal attacks.  People, please be nice to each other.  While we're sad to see Brainlord go, he's perfectly entitled to make his decisions, so please respect that.

Locking the thread to prevent further abuse, as the point has been made.  Thank you for your understanding.