[KSP 1.12.3] Bon Voyage (1.4.1) - 2022-10-02

maja

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5o3r9iddi3fqlbg/output_log.txt?dl=0 Still says this route not found, I worded it wrong saying path before but it's the same either way. EDIT: I actually managed to get it working kinda, I had to press set path about 30 times in a row before it finally set a path and pressing go worked.. It seems when I pressed set path it wouldn’t Input it into the box but after spamming it it worked.

Edited by Zuldwyn

@Zuldwyn I tested it on Mun, again, and it's working. So I copy here the list from OP and WIki. Go through it point by point.

1. Add Bon Voyage Controller to your rover or ship (seek it in theControl tab).
  2. If you have MM installed, then Rover body and Malemute, Karibou, Buffalo, Bison and FUR cabs get BV automatically. 
  3. Launch your rover or ship.
  4. If you're just playing with BV and launch a rover at KSC, then at start your rover state will be "Prelaunch". BV won't work at that state and displays message, that your rover must be landed. Move your rover a little so that MET starts ticking and then BV is ready to be activated.
  5. Select the proper autopilot type (land or naval) from the PAW menu Bon Voyage Controller. Default is Land autopilot.
  6. Right click on BonVoyage icon or module (or rover cab, if you use some) and open BV window. This window is different for each type of autopilot
  7. Unmanned rover must have an active connection to set a target or issue the GO command if you are using the CommNet or RemoteTech.
  8. Click "Pick on map", "Current target" or "Current waypoint" to select target coordinates or enter the coordinates manually.
  9. Click "Set" to start computing a path to the target.
  10. Path finding may take some time, be patient.
  11. If path will not be found in ten seconds, it will stop. Try some closer point.
  12. Click "GO!"
  13. Go to tracking station...or launch a new vessel...or do whatever you want...

New update

Changes

• Cheats for infinite electricity and propellant are accepted (your game, your rules)
  • Part upgrades were reworked to support their placement into different tech trees by MM's config
    • By default, two upgrades are in the stock tech tree (plus the base part). Third upgrade is placed into Artificial intelligence node of CTT if you have it.

@FreeThinker Look into patches folder. There is one patch for CTT, which adds the last part upgrade to Artificial intelligence node (the previous ones are in Unmanned tech and Automation). Change it for tech tree you're using if you wish. If you want  your patch added to the BV, feel free to make a PR.

@all If you want to add part updates to any other tech tree, make a PR or tell me, which tree it is, and I'll look into it.

1 hour ago, maja said:

@FreeThinker Look into patches folder. There is one patch for CTT, which adds the last part upgrade to Artificial intelligence node (the previous ones are in Unmanned tech and Automation). Change it for tech tree you're using if you wish. If you want  your patch added to the BV, feel free to make a PR.

@all If you want to add part updates to any other tech tree, make a PR or tell me, which tree it is, and I'll look into it.

Thanks, now I can finally reconfigure all upgrade techs,

btw, I see you are using a lot of duplicate MM code

instead of repeating the same module manager script for all parts you want to add the BonVoyageModule, it would have been enough to use the following:

@PART[roverBody,roverBody_v2,Malemute_RoverCab,KER_RoverCab,WBI_BuffaloCab,WBI_AuxEN,WBI_BisonCab]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = BonVoyageModule
		showUpgradesInModuleInfo = false

UPGRADES
		{
			UPGRADE
			{
				name__ = BonVoyageUpgrade_v2
				techRequired__ = unmannedTech
				techLevel = 2
			}
			UPGRADE
			{
				name__ = BonVoyageUpgrade_v3
				techRequired__ = automation
				techLevel = 3
			}
		}
	}
}

This is a lot easier to maintain

Edited by FreeThinker

4 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

This is a lot easier to maintain

Next time. This is the left over from before I started rewriting it. And I had enough to force MM to patch all I wanted now. I don't have that much experience with it's syntax.

On 8/26/2019 at 10:03 PM, Jognt said:

Might I suggest adding it to the rover-variant of the 2.5m landercan?

Sorry, that will not happen. Variants, as I understand, are only a visual thing. That means, that BV module will be accessible for the Lander variant too. Rover variant with rotating BV antenna on top of it will look pretty :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, tomf said:

Why might Bon Voyage say there is no route to target on Minmus? I have power and both the bon voyage part and a  pod that supports bon voyage and the target is only 7km away.

Be sure to set the target after selecting coordinates or a waypoint. 

For some reason, other MM code patches won't change the tech nodes for the upgrades. Here is the code I am using:

@PARTUPGRADE[BonVoyageUpgrade_v2]:NEEDS[BonVoyage]:FINAL
{
	@TechRequired = advancedMotors
	@cost = 10000
	@entryCost = 30000
}
@PARTUPGRADE[BonVoyageUpgrade_v3]:NEEDS[BonVoyage]:FINAL
{
	@TechRequired = experimentalMotors
	@cost = 15000
	@entryCost = 45000
}
@PARTUPGRADE[BonVoyageUpgrade_v4]:NEEDS[BonVoyage]:FINAL
{
	@TechRequired = experimentalMotors
	@cost = 20000
	@entryCost = 60000
}
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[BonVoyageModule]]:NEEDS[BonVoyage]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[BonVoyageModule]
	{
		@UPGRADES
		{
			@UPGRADE:HAS[#name__[BonVoyageUpgrade_v2]]
			{
				@techRequired__ = advancedMotors
			}
			@UPGRADE:HAS[#name__[BonVoyageUpgrade_v3]]
			{
				@techRequired__ = experimentalMotors
			}
			@UPGRADE:HAS[#name__[BonVoyageUpgrade_v4]]
			{
				@techRequired__ = experimentalMotors
			}
		}
	}
}

I can verify in the ModuleManager.log that the lines are running:

Spoiler

[LOG 18:38:56.338] Applying update zzzRemodeledTechTree/MM_CFGs/RTT_MM_QOL_Mods/@PARTUPGRADE[BonVoyageUpgrade_v2]:NEEDS[BonVoyage]:FINAL to BonVoyage/Parts/part.cfg/PARTUPGRADE[BonVoyageUpgrade_v2]
[LOG 18:38:56.340] Applying update zzzRemodeledTechTree/MM_CFGs/RTT_MM_QOL_Mods/@PARTUPGRADE[BonVoyageUpgrade_v3]:NEEDS[BonVoyage]:FINAL to BonVoyage/Parts/part.cfg/PARTUPGRADE[BonVoyageUpgrade_v3]
[LOG 18:38:56.341] Applying update zzzRemodeledTechTree/MM_CFGs/RTT_MM_QOL_Mods/@PARTUPGRADE[BonVoyageUpgrade_v4]:NEEDS[BonVoyage]:FINAL to BonVoyage/Patches/BonVoyageCTTPatch.cfg/PARTUPGRADE[BonVoyageUpgrade_v4]
[LOG 18:38:56.352] Applying update zzzRemodeledTechTree/MM_CFGs/RTT_MM_QOL_Mods/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[BonVoyageModule]]:NEEDS[BonVoyage]:FINAL to BonVoyage/Parts/part.cfg/PART[BonVoyageModule]
[LOG 18:38:56.380] Applying update zzzRemodeledTechTree/MM_CFGs/RTT_MM_QOL_Mods/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[BonVoyageModule]]:NEEDS[BonVoyage]:FINAL to KerbetrotterLtd/FelineUtilityRover/Parts/Control/Cockpit.cfg/PART[Lynx_Cockpit]
[LOG 18:38:56.380] Applying update zzzRemodeledTechTree/MM_CFGs/RTT_MM_QOL_Mods/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[BonVoyageModule]]:NEEDS[BonVoyage]:FINAL to KerbetrotterLtd/FelineUtilityRover/Parts/Control/CockpitTruck.cfg/PART[Lynx_CockpitTruck]
[LOG 18:38:56.381] Applying update zzzRemodeledTechTree/MM_CFGs/RTT_MM_QOL_Mods/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[BonVoyageModule]]:NEEDS[BonVoyage]:FINAL to KerbetrotterLtd/FelineUtilityRover/Parts/Control/FrontPiece.cfg/PART[Lynx_FrontPiece]
[LOG 18:38:56.381] Applying update zzzRemodeledTechTree/MM_CFGs/RTT_MM_QOL_Mods/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[BonVoyageModule]]:NEEDS[BonVoyage]:FINAL to KerbetrotterLtd/FelineUtilityRover/Parts/Control/RemoteControl.cfg/PART[Lynx_RemoteControl]
[LOG 18:38:56.422] Applying update zzzRemodeledTechTree/MM_CFGs/RTT_MM_QOL_Mods/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[BonVoyageModule]]:NEEDS[BonVoyage]:FINAL to Squad/Parts/Command/probeRoverBody/probeRoverBody.cfg/PART[roverBody]
[LOG 18:38:56.423] Applying update zzzRemodeledTechTree/MM_CFGs/RTT_MM_QOL_Mods/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[BonVoyageModule]]:NEEDS[BonVoyage]:FINAL to Squad/Parts/Command/probeRoverBody_v2/probeRoverBody_v2.cfg/PART[roverBody_v2]
[LOG 18:38:56.449] Applying update zzzRemodeledTechTree/MM_CFGs/RTT_MM_QOL_Mods/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[BonVoyageModule]]:NEEDS[BonVoyage]:FINAL to WildBlueIndustries/Heisenberg/Parts/Gondola/BisonCab.cfg/PART[WBI_BisonCab]

...and that they are running AFTER your Mod, but in game the upgrades are still in Unmanned Tech for V2, Automation for V3, and AI for V4 and nothing I do short of editing the original CFG files will move them.

Does your Mod not support MM re-definitions? How exactly are you implementing your Tech node definitions? I have verified I am using the "BonVoyage-0.5.3" version and it works perfectly if I edit your CFG files, so it can't be anything to do with my installation. My Mod re-defines almost every part in the Tech Tree, (as well as changing the tree itself) so I need to be able to dynamically change the nodes for the upgrades and I REALLY don't want to do it by replacing your files as it makes uninstalling my Mod problematic without making the player go and re-install your original files.

I love your Mod and want to properly support it with mine and I'd really appreciate any assistance you can give me. (and if you like I can in turn teach you some MM syntax that might help you, such as @FreeThinker was talking about)

@RobertaME There is nothing special about it. Just what you see in the part.cfg and patches folder. I tested it and I see in the config cache, that MM succesfully applied the patch to a part, but not to the part upgrades. Maybe they can help you in the MM thread.

I had a similar problem when I was creating the patch for CTT. The part upgrade change was not registered, so I opted for the complete PARTUPGRADE node creation instead.

Edited by maja

2 hours ago, maja said:

@RobertaME There is nothing special about it. Just what you see in the part.cfg and patches folder. I tested it and I see in the config cache, that MM succesfully applied the patch to a part, but not to the part upgrades. Maybe they can help you in the MM thread.

I had similar problem when I created the patch for CTT. The part upgrade change was not registered, so I opted for the complete PATUPGRADE node creation instead.

Curiouser and curiouser. (if you'll pardon the expression) I'll go see what that MM gurus can make out of this mad scenario. Thanks!

3 hours ago, RobertaME said:

Curiouser and curiouser. (if you'll pardon the expression) I'll go see what that MM gurus can make out of this mad scenario. Thanks!

It's case sensitive and in PARTUPGRADE the field is techRequired not TechRequired

TechRequired is the case you use in PART but in PARTUPGRADE it's a lower case t.

Thanks Squad! 

19 hours ago, Starwaster said:

It's case sensitive and in PARTUPGRADE the field is techRequired not TechRequired

TechRequired is the case you use in PART but in PARTUPGRADE it's a lower case t.

Thanks Squad! 

That's it! I verified, that after the change to the lower case t, the patch is working @RobertaME

Two Questions: I want to also give the new Mk 2 Lander Can a Bon Voyage Function; I guess that the tweak copied below to the BonBoyage.cfg Patch would do it. But I am not sure about it. Next thing is that I designed all my Rovers to just be able for continuous driving, no more, no less. So the Power Generation is about 10-15% of the maximum Consumption of the Wheels. The 35% seem a bit much to me considering that the Wheels only draw full Power for a very short Moment and just a Fraction of that during continous driving. My RoveMate Design with 6 S2 Wheels for Instance would need 4 RTGs instead of one. That seems ridiculous to me. So I'd like to reduce that if posssible but have no Idea how.

Tweak to the BonVoyage.cfg Patch:

// Stock - Mk2LanderCabin
@PART[mk2LanderCabin_v2]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = BonVoyageModule
    }
}

(With one Line left empty to the Top and Bottom)

Edited by derbleifuss

7 minutes ago, derbleifuss said:

Two Questions: I want to also give the new Mk 2 Lander Can a Bon Voyage Function; I guess that the tweak copied below to the BonBoyage.cfg Patch would do it. But I am not sure about it. Next thing is that I designed all my Rovers to just be able for continuous driving, no more, no less. So the Power Generation is about 10-15% of the maximum Consumption of the Wheels. The 35% seem a bit much to me considering that the Wheels only draw full Power for a very short Moment and just a Fraction of that during continous driving. So I'd like to reduce that if posssible but have no Idea how.

@PART[mk2LanderCabin_v2]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = BonVoyageModule
        showUpgradesInModuleInfo = false

UPGRADES
        {
            UPGRADE
            {
                name__ = BonVoyageUpgrade_v2
                techRequired__ = unmannedTech
                techLevel = 2
            }
            UPGRADE
            {
                name__ = BonVoyageUpgrade_v3
                techRequired__ = automation
                techLevel = 3
            }
        }
    }
}

35% is the hard limit. You must keep in mind, that this simulates terrain variations during a ride, when you need more power to go uphill and less to go downhill. If you don't have that power, your average speed will drop accordingly.

Edited by maja

16 minutes ago, maja said:

35% is the hard limit. You must keep in mind, that this simulates terrain variations during a ride, when you need more power to go uphill and less to go downhill. If you don't have that power, your average speed will drop accordingly.

I don't have a Problem with low Average Speeds; but especially small robotic Rovers are gonne be quite hard to equip with that much RTGs or Solar Panels.

14 minutes ago, derbleifuss said:

I don't have a Problem with low Average Speeds; but especially small robotic Rovers are gonne be quite hard to equip with that much RTGs or Solar Panels.

You need only two powered wheels to operate a rover. Disable motors on some wheels and it will lower power requirements.

22 minutes ago, maja said:

You need only two powered wheels to operate a rover. Disable motors on some wheels and it will lower power requirements.

THAT is so obvious I didn't even think of it. To quote Sergei Korolov: The simpler an idea is, the more brilliant it is. Thank you.

Edit: it worked. Unfortunately it keeps saying "No Route to Target". Since it doesn't show any Target Coordinates or Distance in the Control Panel and shows nothing on the Map (whatever it is supposed to look like), I guess that it doesn't find a Target at all. I tried various Things like Waypoints, setting other Crafts as Target or manuall picking in the Map. The Result is alway the same.

Edited by derbleifuss
Next Problem coming up