[KSP 1.12.3] Bon Voyage (1.4.1) - 2022-10-02

maja

It seems the mod doesn't work with Realism Overhauls RTGs, probably because it patches them in some way (ROs RTGs don't last forever). I really want to use it in my save, but solar is useless beyond Mars.

EDIT: Just discovered "infinite electricity" works for a workaround, that's nice.

Edited by The Destroyer

15 hours ago, The Destroyer said:

It seems the mod doesn't work with Realism Overhauls RTGs, probably because it patches them in some way (ROs RTGs don't last forever). I really want to use it in my save, but solar is useless beyond Mars.

EDIT: Just discovered "infinite electricity" works for a workaround, that's nice.

There is probably some change in default module of RTGs done by RO. I do compatibility changes if I play with that mod or if there are a lot of players who plays with it.

On 1/28/2021 at 6:38 AM, maja said:

Thank you all, that you are patient. The last year was weird with all that C-19 stuff, so I neglected this mod a little bit. I'm quarantined right now, so I have finaly some time to update the BV. You can expect something during this weekend or next week. It depends, how well I'll be.

Oh no! Stay healthy, maja!

Explosive disassembly of the wheels. This is in KSP 1.11.1 and the victims are RoveMax Model XL3

XFh4O9A.png

Moving the wheels down seems to correct the problem

ha1ThdA.png

Edit: No luck. After spamming in an inclined surface the wheels exploded all the same.

Edited by Tacombel

On 1/31/2021 at 8:48 AM, maja said:

There is probably some change in default module of RTGs done by RO. I do compatibility changes if I play with that mod or if there are a lot of players who plays with it.

Hello Maja, I'm using the optional Decaying RTG in Near Future Electrical. It replaces the "ModuleGenerator" module for RTGs with its own module named "ModuleRadioisotopeGenerator". Could you possibly also support this module? It would make it more realistic. For now, I'll disable the decaying RTG.

The file responsible can be found in the Near Future Electrical zip download under "Extras\DecayingRTGs".

For RO users, I don't know the patch in RO but just do a text search in all .cfg files for someting like this: !MODULE[ModuleGenerator] {}

I beleive that's the patch that disables the default electical generator that Bon Voyage looks for to determine the amount of power available for a rover/ship.

BonVoyage update

Changes

• Rebuild for KSP 1.11.1
  • Kerbals can move behind the scene too (with a blinding speed of 0.5m/s - depends on the celestial body)
  • Usage of batteries is switched off during system check and user is notified about it when there isn't enough power to recharge a rover
  • Chinese localization by Raven-233486
  • French localization by vinix38
  • Added module for stock EVA construction

You can find it on usual places - github and spacedock

I still have to replicate it, but it seems that I sent a rover with Parking Brake active. The first estrange thing that I noted was that on MKS local logistics it appeared as present, although BB said it was tens of km away and the other one was that on arrival, when I switched back to the rover, it was in the departure point.

37 minutes ago, Tacombel said:

I still have to replicate it, but it seems that I sent a rover with Parking Brake active. The first estrange thing that I noted was that on MKS local logistics it appeared as present, although BB said it was tens of km away and the other one was that on arrival, when I switched back to the rover, it was in the departure point.

I can't replicate it, so I need specific steps. If it is a combination of mods, then I need to identify, which ones.

Same for the explosion of that rover. If it is consistent, than I need a craft file and list of used mods.

Edited by maja

• 2 weeks later...

@The Destroyer @maja I too am interested in using Bon Voyage with RO/RP-1 so I've had a look in the RO files and this is what RO uses to configure its RTGs:

Spoiler

MODULE

{

name = ModuleResourceConverter

ConverterName = RTG

StartActionName = Start

StopActionName = Stop

AlwaysActive = true

FillAmount = 1.000

AutoShutdown = false

GeneratesHeat = false

TemperatureModifier = 2.000

UseSpecializationBonus = false

DefaultShutoffTemp = 0.500

INPUT_RESOURCE

{

ResourceName = Plutonium-238

Ratio = 1.6428e-10

}

OUTPUT_RESOURCE

{

ResourceName = ElectricCharge

Ratio = 0.1575

}

OUTPUT_RESOURCE

{

ResourceName = DepletedFuel

Ratio = 1.6428e-10

}

}

The module name is ModuleResourceConverter and the ConverterName is RTG, maybe this will help to make a patch for RO? I'd like to try it myself but I have no experience compiling .dlls- I'm a tester, not a developer, my job is to break other people's code :wink:.

Bug report - and the conditions are pretty simple, though the solution probably isn't. :D

Disabling damage on Kerbal Foundries wheels causes Bon Voyage to read tracks as "not online"

Reproduction steps:

Use a clean 1.10.1 install

Using CKAN, install Kerbal Foundries 2, KSPWheel (dependency,) and the last version of BV compatible with 1.10.1 (although I've reproduced this with the 1.11 version on 1.10.1)

Start a new game. Set KSPWheel settings for "Wear and damage" to "NONE." It doesn't appear to matter whether this is done in the initial game setup, or later on.

Use cheats to give max tech/max VAB (though I don't think the latter is necessary now that I think of it...)

Build a simple rover in the SPH - 2x2 structural panel, tracks on the side, BV controller, probe core of some flavor to provide unmanned control.

Launch.

Open up BV controller window. Observe that "wheels aren't online!" and max speed is 0m/s

Craft file for ease of testing: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a88fjuc42b2elo0/Untitled Space Craft.zip?dl=0

Note - leaving damage on "simple" but turning the sliders down to 0 appears to allow BV to work correctly, though I'm not sure it results in truly undamageable wheels.

Note 2 - the above workaround also worked on my existing game with 160+ mods.

Note 3/question: The most recent 1.11 version appears to work fine in 1.10.1 - should I expect any weirdness from it, or has it proven itself to be mostly compatible?

What electric engines are ya'll using for boats? Also any chance for support for near future electricals capacitors at some point?(Basically super efficient batteries that dump all their charge into your regular batteries whether there's space or not, so say you have 250EC space in your batteries and a capacitor that holds 300, it will rapidly recharge the batteries but waste 50 because there's no space for it, think SRB's for batteries, really)

3 hours ago, Crimor said:

Also any chance for support for near future electricals capacitors at some point?(Basically super efficient batteries that dump all their charge into your regular batteries whether there's space or not, so say you have 250EC space in your batteries and a capacitor that holds 300, it will rapidly recharge the batteries but waste 50 because there's no space for it, think SRB's for batteries, really)

Probably not. I considered it at some point and decided, that it's not worth the trouble.

14 hours ago, mxi_steel said:

why am i getting the error not enough fuel?

Are you using fuel cells?

Edited by maja

On 2/22/2021 at 2:10 AM, mxi_steel said:

why am i getting the error not enough fuel?

I went through the code and don't see any reason, why it shows you, that you have not enough fuel. I you are using the latest version of BonVoyage, then I need more information to replicate it.

1 hour ago, maja said:

I went through the code and don't see any reason, why it shows you, that you have not enough fuel. I you are using the latest version of BonVoyage, then I need more information to replicate it.

im using fuel cells with infinite fuel. could rotation vector also be the issue? its set to up (using latest version)

3 hours ago, mxi_steel said:

update i got it to work i had to stick fuel tanks to my rover

By chance are you using the malemute rover? I get the same error when using the internal LFO fuel to feed the fuel cells.

Edited by Tacombel