[KSP 1.12.3] Bon Voyage (1.4.1) - 2022-10-02

maja

12 hours ago, mxi_steel said:

no i just taped fuel cells to a mk2 lander can  rover style (restock) and turned on infinite fuel 

That is the information I needed. This will be easy fix :)

Edited by maja

40 minutes ago, mxi_steel said:

i installed the mod via ckan i should get a notification through the ckan client when its updated right? 

Not exactly a notification, but if you have autorefresh CKAN, there will be a square in the third column of CKAN so you can tick to update the mod.

I have an issue where my rover clips into the ground and explodes when I select the vehicle to drive. It is fine on flatter ground but I am trying to drive halfway around duna so have no way of knowing what the terrain is like at the destination. Any quick fixes? I also dont think a lot of people have this problem but the rover I am using is quite big so that could be why.  

2 hours ago, RawPotato said:

I have an issue where my rover clips into the ground and explodes when I select the vehicle to drive. It is fine on flatter ground but I am trying to drive halfway around duna so have no way of knowing what the terrain is like at the destination. Any quick fixes? I also dont think a lot of people have this problem but the rover I am using is quite big so that could be why.  

The height above terrain is set for root part and rest of the rover follows it, so if you a long rover, it can clip through terrain.

44 minutes ago, maja said:

The height above terrain is set for root part and rest of the rover follows it, so if you a long rover, it can clip through terrain.

Is there a way I can change the root part post-launch? Or can I make the rover spawn higher above the ground? The rotate vessel option doesn't work for me for some reason

1 hour ago, maja said:

Would it be possible to provide a config option in the XML to tweak the default height above terrain to spawn? Most of my rovers tend to be big, chunky, and able to survive a 50m drop. :D

Default it to 0 so behavior doesn't change for most people, but give those of us with frequent problems an option.

(alternately, and obviously more complex, an option in the BV window itself for spawn height above terrain)

Edited by etmoonshade
added that I was talking specifically about XML in the first sentence

1 hour ago, etmoonshade said:

Would it be possible to provide a config option in the XML to tweak the default height above terrain to spawn? Most of my rovers tend to be big, chunky, and able to survive a 50m drop. :D

Default it to 0 so behavior doesn't change for most people, but give those of us with frequent problems an option.

(alternately, and obviously more complex, an option in the BV window itself for spawn height above terrain)

I can add it to Settings.  That's better place for it then in controller window.

• 2 weeks later...

BonVoyage update

Changes

• Chinese localization updated
  • Russian localization by kovakthemost
  • Added BonVoyage to Mk2 Lander Can
  • Added height offset for rovers to the Settings

Fixes

• Fixed usage of fuel cells with infinite propellant cheat enabled and no fuel tanks present
  • Fixed wrong count of operable wheels with KSPWheel module when "Wear and damage" setting was set to NONE
  • Fixed detection of usable converters when fuel cell contains more modules of type ModuleResourceConverter

You can find it on usual places - github and spacedock

• 2 weeks later...

I am very keen to use this mod, but having difficulty.  I set the route, then press Go.  Nothing happens, just get a message saying I need to go to another vessel.  So I press ] to switch to a nearby vessel.  I can see the rover, it is not moving.  I then press [ to switch back to the rover, and it explodes.  I have tried everything, same response.  Can anyone help?

Also, if I have the brakes on, the rover can't move.  I f I have the brakes off, I get the message that I can't change vessel while it is moving.

This is a very confusing mod to use, am I missing something important?  Why do I have to switch vessels to start?

Edited by jinnantonix

44 minutes ago, jinnantonix said:

I am very keen to use this mod, but having difficulty.  I set the route, then press Go.  Nothing happens, just get a message saying I need to go to another vessel.  So I press ] to switch to a nearby vessel.  I can see the rover, it is not moving.  I then press [ to switch back to the rover, and it explodes.  I have tried everything, same response.  Can anyone help?

Also, if I have the brakes on, the rover can't move.  I f I have the brakes off, I get the message that I can't change vessel while it is moving.

This is a very confusing mod to use, am I missing something important?  Why do I have to switch vessels to start?

You need to switch to a vessel that is not in the loading scene, meaning more than 2.2km away. Or to be safe, switch to a craft in another part of the planet. Or something orbiting the planet. Or another planet entirely. Or go to the Tracking Station, even. The vessel must be unloaded from the active gameplay because what BV does is it repositions the vessel while you're busy doing something else, along its calculated route until it arrives, or you interrupt it by loading/jumping into the vessel again before the destination. You can see this by running the autopilot, returning to the Tracking Station, then viewing the planet and watching the icon of your rover "landed" moving towards your intended destination.   

3 hours ago, B-STRK said:

You need to switch to a vessel that is not in the loading scene, meaning more than 2.2km away. Or to be safe, switch to a craft in another part of the planet. Or something orbiting the planet. Or another planet entirely. Or go to the Tracking Station, even. The vessel must be unloaded from the active gameplay because what BV does is it repositions the vessel while you're busy doing something else, along its calculated route until it arrives, or you interrupt it by loading/jumping into the vessel again before the destination. You can see this by running the autopilot, returning to the Tracking Station, then viewing the planet and watching the icon of your rover "landed" moving towards your intended destination.   

OK, I switched to a vessel not in the loading scene, and watched the rover move over a long distance.  But when I switched back to it, it exploded.

4 hours ago, jinnantonix said:

OK, I switched to a vessel not in the loading scene, and watched the rover move over a long distance.  But when I switched back to it, it exploded.

A rover doesn't explode without a reason. The only  two reasons I know about are, that the rover clips into terrain, because KSP sometimes gives wrong height of terrain when the rover's position is set by the mod or the rover is to long and hits terrain bump. For this reason is in the last version option in the settings to set an offset of height above terrain. Here is info about the mod, which I need to update to reflect the last changes: https://github.com/jarosm/KSP-BonVoyage/wiki

16 hours ago, maja said:

A rover doesn't explode without a reason. The only  two reasons I know about are, that the rover clips into terrain, because KSP sometimes gives wrong height of terrain when the rover's position is set by the mod or the rover is to long and hits terrain bump. For this reason is in the last version option in the settings to set an offset of height above terrain. Here is info about the mod, which I need to update to reflect the last changes: https://github.com/jarosm/KSP-BonVoyage/wiki

Thanks, I found the setting.  I set it 10m, and it seems to work now.

• 3 weeks later...

I recently started testing this mod, for a mod of my own that i hope will replace/add a controller part.

I had the dropping/exploding rover issue, and found (at least in a few tests on Kerbin in stock game), that a setting of 2m works

• 3 weeks later...

I'm using the latest release of Bon Voyage with RP-1, Kerbalism, etc. and the BV controllers don't seem to recognize the power generated by the RTGs. I can see that the power generation is well beyond what is needed, but BV shows power generation as 0, so I can't utilize the autopilot at all. Any ideas on how to fix this issue? 

On 5/1/2021 at 2:46 PM, Haukifile said:

I'm using the latest release of Bon Voyage with RP-1, Kerbalism, etc. and the BV controllers don't seem to recognize the power generated by the RTGs. I can see that the power generation is well beyond what is needed, but BV shows power generation as 0, so I can't utilize the autopilot at all. Any ideas on how to fix this issue? 

Please try to narrow it to the smallest amount of mods, that shows this behaviour. I can then look into it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!, I'm new using this mod, and to rovers aswell...

I'm experiencing a weird effect using Bon Voyage. I set a target, and leave the rover to drive on his own to the target, and switch back to Tracking Station.

When I load back into the rover, (or if I timewarp and stop) it decides to jump 200m into the air, no matter what offset I set on the mod settings, Am I missing some setting on the mod config to prevent this behavior, or at least reduce to 10/20m instead of 200?

This is happening landed on midlands, on the Mun. 

3 hours ago, Sherpard2 said:

Hello!, I'm new using this mod, and to rovers aswell...

I'm experiencing a weird effect using Bon Voyage. I set a target, and leave the rover to drive on his own to the target, and switch back to Tracking Station.

When I load back into the rover, (or if I timewarp and stop) it decides to jump 200m into the air, no matter what offset I set on the mod settings, Am I missing some setting on the mod config to prevent this behavior, or at least reduce to 10/20m instead of 200?

This is happening landed on midlands, on the Mun. 

Have the same thing happening on Duna with Kerbal Foundries wheels on a rover. It did work fine for the first time, but then it started warping up every single time. 

I've been testing, and seems to be an issue with my craft, (an elongated rover), I've tested some stock rovers, and they do not skyrocket 200M into the air.

Also, I've forgot to mention, If I just timewarp, the rover just rises 200m on the air (and then proceeds to execute a Rapid Unplanned Disassembly with fireworks).

If I let Bon Voyage to finish the planned route, before jumping into the air, the rover get's spaggettified into a mess of components, unusually losing a wheel or a random component in the process. Tomorrow, I'll post some more details (mod-list, craft file and so on). to see if someone can help me out. because I love the idea of dropping a rover with science stuff, and let him roam trough the planet/moon collecting relaying science to KSC :)

I've uploaded to Imgur a image of the rover before activating BonVoyage and other just after it gets spagettified

https://imgur.com/a/qORYvvj

Edited by Sherpard2
Typo