Jump to content

[KSP 1.11.1] Bon Voyage (1.3.1) - 2021-03-09


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Sir Mortimer said:

@maja would you mind if I'd take a look into this? I just got BV to compile on my system, and I think I could understand the intention of the code.

No problem. I hope, that the code is commented enough for you to understand it. PM me if you'll have questions.

 

9 minutes ago, Crixomix said:

Oh no. I think there's a bug that I only discovered after landing my rover on the Mun :(

It seems the Bon Voyage Autopilot part actually assigns a bon voyage controller to the ROOT part, not the ship its attached to (or something like that). I had a mun rover (which had the little rotating radar looking bon voyage part on it) that I added to a rocket as a subassembly, but the root part of that rocket was a different probe core. And I think it gave the rocket probe the bon voyage autopilot. So once I separated the rover and landed it via monoprop, it doesn't have a bon voyage autopilot. Sad day. Not sure if this is a bug or just something that can't be fixed, but I figured I'd mention it and maybe if it can't be fixed, make a note of it somewhere on the main page as it's not expected behavior.

Thank you for reading.

 

EDIT: I tried saving and then loading and it fixed itself. So a smaller bug than I thought, but still maybe a small bug.

EDIT2: While I'm here, can I request a feature/setting. That when you go to "select on map" it doesn't show the biome? I'd prefer to "need" to use scansat to figure out where biomes are and make my own waypoints.

The list of BonVoyage modules does not change on stage/dock/undock. You can reload it by pressing that small button with "R" in the mod's main window, which is there exactly for these cases.

That feature can be done.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, maja said:

No problem. I hope, that the code is commented enough for you to understand it. PM me if you'll have questions.

 

The list of BonVoyage modules does not change on stage/dock/undock. You can reload it by pressing that small button with "R" in the mod's main window, which is there exactly for these cases.

That feature can be done.

Ohhh that makes so much sense. Sorry for not doing more research before my post. Thank you for considering that feature!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Crixomix said:

Ohhh that makes so much sense. Sorry for not doing more research before my post. Thank you for considering that feature!

Don't worry. That button is small and undocumented :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that with interstellar bon voyage is seeing the same problems as mentioned with kerbalism a few pages back. Interstellar has replaced the modules on all the solar pannels to ones that bon voyage doesn't recognise. Would it be possible to add this support as well?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tomf said:

I think that with interstellar bon voyage is seeing the same problems as mentioned with kerbalism a few pages back. Interstellar has replaced the modules on all the solar pannels to ones that bon voyage doesn't recognise. Would it be possible to add this support as well?

I can check it, but no promises.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@maja I think there used to be a bug in Bon voyage where rovers would sometimes end up upside down if they traveled too far, maybe I'm remembering wrong? I thought It had been fixed though. Has that snuck back in in some fashion, or did i just get really unlucky letting these 2 autopilot a Km away to their ascent vehicle while I flew a science pod back to orbit?

nuzb9Z3.jpg

Edited by vardicd
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, vardicd said:

@maja I think there used to be a bug in Bon voyage where rovers would sometimes end up upside down if they traveled too far, maybe I'm remembering wrong? I thought It had been fixed though. Has that snuck back in in some fashion, or did i just get really unlucky letting these 2 autopilot a Km away to their ascent vehicle while I flew a science pod back to orbit?

nuzb9Z3.jpg

https://github.com/jarosm/KSP-BonVoyage/wiki/Settings

Look at Disable rotation or Rotation vector advance tweakable section.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I expect BonVoyage to be working in KSP 1.9, so an update will be postponed after I return from vacation next week. I need to test Sir Mortimer's Kerbalism compatibility PR before that too, implement one setting and check another two compatibilities (AmpYear and Interstellar).

Edited by maja
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, and thank you for supporting this mod, it has made rovers pretty fun to make. I have made a particularly long vehicle (100 meters or so) and am trying to make it work with bon voyage, it is long enough that it will clip into terrain if it is not perfectly smooth ground that it loads in on after bon voyage moves it. Is there anything I can change in the config that might help? I am also using world stabilizer if that matters.

Edited by senoiurkabls
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, senoiurkabls said:

Hello, and thank you for supporting this mod, it has made rovers pretty fun to make. I have made a particularly long vehicle (100 meters or so) and am trying to make it work with bon voyage, it is long enough that it will clip into terrain if it is not perfectly smooth ground that it loads in on after bon voyage moves it. Is there anything I can change in the config that might help?

There is nothing else you can do than to make a shorter rover.

Edited by maja
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, marioq70 said:

Considering is an autopilot for rovers, i was thinking to make it as an antenna, is supposed to receive data anyway...

While I appreciate improvement suggestions, this one will not make it through comitee ;)

BV module is only an autopilot module, which is integral part of some rover cabs, and BV part is considered as a radar. There is also function not to function (pun intended) when you are using CommNet or RemoteTech and a vessel don't have a connection. There are a lot of different antennas to use as data receivers for unmanned rovers (and manned also after all). Overall, there is no need for such builtin function. You are of course free to use in your game whatever modification you want and even post it here for others as long as it is only MM config (no dll's allowed), but this one will not be official.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, maja said:

While I appreciate improvement suggestions, this one will not make it through comitee ;)

BV module is only an autopilot module, which is integral part of some rover cabs, and BV part is considered as a radar. There is also function not to function (pun intended) when you are using CommNet or RemoteTech and a vessel don't have a connection. There are a lot of different antennas to use as data receivers for unmanned rovers (and manned also after all). Overall, there is no need for such builtin function. You are of course free to use in your game whatever modification you want and even post it here for others as long as it is only MM config (no dll's allowed), but this one will not be official.

Is clear that I was misunderstood. I never asked and never said and i never wanted to imply that i wanted this to be official...  I am just sharing it so any one who wanted can use it... I am doing a voyage all around kerbin, sometimes i drive my little mobile base but  other times i let it to run with BV, but i got the problem that others antennas brake, or others are bulkie, or not strong enough, so i needed a low profile-strong enough antenna, just like the DTS-M1, but this need to be stowed because is structurally weak, that is why i came with the idea to integrate it in a part that i was already using, which happend to be a strong enough part and doing a similar function. I never meant to bother you with this to the point of making you think that I wanted it to be something official, so for that i will delete my post. 

Edited by marioq70
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Nightside said:

Has anyone else been having trouble with the Naval Mode lately? I can't seem to engage it for ships, with an error like "Vessel Not Landed".

If this is not a known issue I can provide more information.

Thanks @maja!

Are you sure, that you have switched it to the right controller?

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Nightside said:

Yes, I switch to naval mode before opening the GUI.

KSP version? Log file?

 

 

@all Sorry for the delay with the update. We have closed schools and services and some degree of general quarantine to prevent a virus outbreak, so kids are at home, we must teach them at least something and I must work too, so time is precious. I finally settled to some routine, so I hope, that the update will be *soon*TM :)

Edited by maja
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maja said:

KSP version? Log file?

 

 

@all Sorry for the delay with the update. We have closed schools and services and some degree of general quarantine to prevent a virus outbreak, so kids are at home, we must teach them at least something and I must work too, so time is precious. I finally settled to some routine, so I hope, that the update will be *soon*TM :)

Crazy times! Dealing with KSP should be the least of your worries. I'll get a log together tonight.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it possible to alter the config files that it doesnt need the BV part for it to work? Just like MJ2 intergrating it to existing probcores would be more convenient since people usally download this mod after they found out they have to drive 100km with their rovers without exploding. And most of the time the vehicle is launched before mod installation so it doesnt have the BV controller to enable BV.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Astatine85 said:

Is it possible to alter the config files that it doesnt need the BV part for it to work? Just like MJ2 intergrating it to existing probcores would be more convenient since people usally download this mod after they found out they have to drive 100km with their rovers without exploding. And most of the time the vehicle is launched before mod installation so it doesnt have the BV controller to enable BV.

You can add a module manager patch to your game to attach the required part module to all probe cores:

@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[0],@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:FINAL
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = BonVoyageModule
		showUpgradesInModuleInfo = false
		
		UPGRADES
		{
			UPGRADE
			{
				name__ = BonVoyageUpgrade_v2
				techRequired__ = unmannedTech
				techLevel = 2
			}
			UPGRADE
			{
				name__ = BonVoyageUpgrade_v3
				techRequired__ = automation
				techLevel = 3
			}
		}
	}
}

If you actually want it on manned command pods as well, just remove the "#CrewCapacity[0]" in the first line.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

You can add a module manager patch to your game to attach the required part module to all probe cores:

@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[0],@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:FINAL
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = BonVoyageModule
		showUpgradesInModuleInfo = false
		
		UPGRADES
		{
			UPGRADE
			{
				name__ = BonVoyageUpgrade_v2
				techRequired__ = unmannedTech
				techLevel = 2
			}
			UPGRADE
			{
				name__ = BonVoyageUpgrade_v3
				techRequired__ = automation
				techLevel = 3
			}
		}
	}
}

If you actually want it on manned command pods as well, just remove the "#CrewCapacity[0]" in the first line.

Paste it as a .cfg in the bonvoyage folder right? just to be sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Astatine85 said:

Paste it as a .cfg in the bonvoyage folder right? just to be sure.

I recommend a dedicated folder for custom configs. That way you know what you changed and you can quickly disable them when they conflict with updates of mods.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

@maja I tried using BonVoyage with the Critter Crawler from the mod of the same name, but it doesn't work and says wheels aren't touching the ground. The Critter uses KSPWheel and runs on six legs rather than wheels, which might be why it doesn't work. Using Bon Voyage v1.0.1 and Critter Crawler v1.3.5.3 in KSP 1.8.1, no errors in the logs that I've seen yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...