Jump to content

[KSP 1.11.1] Bon Voyage (1.3.1) - 2021-03-09


Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, mxi_steel said:

no i just taped fuel cells to a mk2 lander can  rover style (restock) and turned on infinite fuel 

That is the information I needed. This will be easy fix :)

Edited by maja
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, mxi_steel said:

i installed the mod via ckan i should get a notification through the ckan client when its updated right? 

Not exactly a notification, but if you have autorefresh CKAN, there will be a square in the third column of CKAN so you can tick to update the mod.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an issue where my rover clips into the ground and explodes when I select the vehicle to drive. It is fine on flatter ground but I am trying to drive halfway around duna so have no way of knowing what the terrain is like at the destination. Any quick fixes? I also dont think a lot of people have this problem but the rover I am using is quite big so that could be why.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RawPotato said:

I have an issue where my rover clips into the ground and explodes when I select the vehicle to drive. It is fine on flatter ground but I am trying to drive halfway around duna so have no way of knowing what the terrain is like at the destination. Any quick fixes? I also dont think a lot of people have this problem but the rover I am using is quite big so that could be why.  

The height above terrain is set for root part and rest of the rover follows it, so if you a long rover, it can clip through terrain.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, maja said:

The height above terrain is set for root part and rest of the rover follows it, so if you a long rover, it can clip through terrain.

Is there a way I can change the root part post-launch? Or can I make the rover spawn higher above the ground? The rotate vessel option doesn't work for me for some reason

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maja said:

The height above terrain is set for root part and rest of the rover follows it, so if you a long rover, it can clip through terrain.

Would it be possible to provide a config option in the XML to tweak the default height above terrain to spawn? Most of my rovers tend to be big, chunky, and able to survive a 50m drop. :D

Default it to 0 so behavior doesn't change for most people, but give those of us with frequent problems an option.

(alternately, and obviously more complex, an option in the BV window itself for spawn height above terrain)

Edited by etmoonshade
added that I was talking specifically about XML in the first sentence
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, etmoonshade said:

Would it be possible to provide a config option in the XML to tweak the default height above terrain to spawn? Most of my rovers tend to be big, chunky, and able to survive a 50m drop. :D

Default it to 0 so behavior doesn't change for most people, but give those of us with frequent problems an option.

(alternately, and obviously more complex, an option in the BV window itself for spawn height above terrain)

I can add it to Settings.  That's better place for it then in controller window.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

BonVoyage update

1.3.1

Changes

  • Chinese localization updated
  • Russian localization by kovakthemost
  • Added BonVoyage to Mk2 Lander Can
  • Added height offset for rovers to the Settings

Fixes

  • Fixed usage of fuel cells with infinite propellant cheat enabled and no fuel tanks present
  • Fixed wrong count of operable wheels with KSPWheel module when "Wear and damage" setting was set to NONE
  • Fixed detection of usable converters when fuel cell contains more modules of type ModuleResourceConverter

You can find it on usual places - github and spacedock

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I am very keen to use this mod, but having difficulty.  I set the route, then press Go.  Nothing happens, just get a message saying I need to go to another vessel.  So I press ] to switch to a nearby vessel.  I can see the rover, it is not moving.  I then press [ to switch back to the rover, and it explodes.  I have tried everything, same response.  Can anyone help?

Also, if I have the brakes on, the rover can't move.  I f I have the brakes off, I get the message that I can't change vessel while it is moving.

This is a very confusing mod to use, am I missing something important?  Why do I have to switch vessels to start?

Edited by jinnantonix
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, jinnantonix said:

I am very keen to use this mod, but having difficulty.  I set the route, then press Go.  Nothing happens, just get a message saying I need to go to another vessel.  So I press ] to switch to a nearby vessel.  I can see the rover, it is not moving.  I then press [ to switch back to the rover, and it explodes.  I have tried everything, same response.  Can anyone help?

Also, if I have the brakes on, the rover can't move.  I f I have the brakes off, I get the message that I can't change vessel while it is moving.

This is a very confusing mod to use, am I missing something important?  Why do I have to switch vessels to start?

You need to switch to a vessel that is not in the loading scene, meaning more than 2.2km away. Or to be safe, switch to a craft in another part of the planet. Or something orbiting the planet. Or another planet entirely. Or go to the Tracking Station, even. The vessel must be unloaded from the active gameplay because what BV does is it repositions the vessel while you're busy doing something else, along its calculated route until it arrives, or you interrupt it by loading/jumping into the vessel again before the destination. You can see this by running the autopilot, returning to the Tracking Station, then viewing the planet and watching the icon of your rover "landed" moving towards your intended destination.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, B-STRK said:

You need to switch to a vessel that is not in the loading scene, meaning more than 2.2km away. Or to be safe, switch to a craft in another part of the planet. Or something orbiting the planet. Or another planet entirely. Or go to the Tracking Station, even. The vessel must be unloaded from the active gameplay because what BV does is it repositions the vessel while you're busy doing something else, along its calculated route until it arrives, or you interrupt it by loading/jumping into the vessel again before the destination. You can see this by running the autopilot, returning to the Tracking Station, then viewing the planet and watching the icon of your rover "landed" moving towards your intended destination.   

OK, I switched to a vessel not in the loading scene, and watched the rover move over a long distance.  But when I switched back to it, it exploded.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jinnantonix said:

OK, I switched to a vessel not in the loading scene, and watched the rover move over a long distance.  But when I switched back to it, it exploded.

A rover doesn't explode without a reason. The only  two reasons I know about are, that the rover clips into terrain, because KSP sometimes gives wrong height of terrain when the rover's position is set by the mod or the rover is to long and hits terrain bump. For this reason is in the last version option in the settings to set an offset of height above terrain. Here is info about the mod, which I need to update to reflect the last changes: https://github.com/jarosm/KSP-BonVoyage/wiki

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, maja said:

A rover doesn't explode without a reason. The only  two reasons I know about are, that the rover clips into terrain, because KSP sometimes gives wrong height of terrain when the rover's position is set by the mod or the rover is to long and hits terrain bump. For this reason is in the last version option in the settings to set an offset of height above terrain. Here is info about the mod, which I need to update to reflect the last changes: https://github.com/jarosm/KSP-BonVoyage/wiki

Thanks, I found the setting.  I set it 10m, and it seems to work now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, cinemagic said:

All of my rovers will turn upside down, or cliping into ground then explode, when they arrive at destination and I switch to them.

Literally read the posts directly above yours. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I recently started testing this mod, for a mod of my own that i hope will replace/add a controller part.

I had the dropping/exploding rover issue, and found (at least in a few tests on Kerbin in stock game), that a setting of 2m works

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm using the latest release of Bon Voyage with RP-1, Kerbalism, etc. and the BV controllers don't seem to recognize the power generated by the RTGs. I can see that the power generation is well beyond what is needed, but BV shows power generation as 0, so I can't utilize the autopilot at all. Any ideas on how to fix this issue? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2021 at 2:46 PM, Haukifile said:

I'm using the latest release of Bon Voyage with RP-1, Kerbalism, etc. and the BV controllers don't seem to recognize the power generated by the RTGs. I can see that the power generation is well beyond what is needed, but BV shows power generation as 0, so I can't utilize the autopilot at all. Any ideas on how to fix this issue? 

Please try to narrow it to the smallest amount of mods, that shows this behaviour. I can then look into it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello!, I'm new using this mod, and to rovers aswell...

I'm experiencing a weird effect using Bon Voyage. I set a target, and leave the rover to drive on his own to the target, and switch back to Tracking Station.

 

When I load back into the rover, (or if I timewarp and stop) it decides to jump 200m into the air, no matter what offset I set on the mod settings, Am I missing some setting on the mod config to prevent this behavior, or at least reduce to 10/20m instead of 200?

 

This is happening landed on midlands, on the Mun. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...