[KSP 1.12.3] Bon Voyage (1.4.1) - 2022-10-02

maja

There is an easy solution for all.

If the rover decides to launch itself up, or blows up or anything wrong with it, go to the mod's settings and disable rotation TEMPORARILY. then once it all goes good, return it.

sometimes over large distance / other side of the map / terrain gets in the middle of what we want to achieve.

mods working swell, just gotta adapt to the small things

• 4 weeks later...

Nice but a little irritating mod if it has an option to force to work when no power generation detected.

90% of PG part from various mods I used just can't be correctly detected by it, like reactors from near future electrical, procedural solar panels or RTGs in RO/RP-1.

I really hate that I build a nuclear powered vehicle and is forced to add bunch of vanilla solar panels to it. sigh.

Edited by cinemagic

7 hours ago, cinemagic said:

Nice but a little irritating mod if it has an option to force to work when no power generation detected.

90% of PG part from various mods I used just can't be correctly detected by it, like reactors from near future electrical, procedural solar panels or RTGs in RO/RP-1.

I really hate that I build a nuclear powered vehicle and is forced to add bunch of vanilla solar panels to it. sigh.

If you have electricity cheat on, then all checks are bypassed.

I'm aware, that there are compatibility issues with other mods right now. I just needed a break to sort RL things. Please, be patient, I'm still here and an update is still planned :)

On 10/31/2021 at 11:42 PM, maja said:

I'm aware, that there are compatibility issues with other mods right now. I just needed a break to sort RL things. Please, be patient, I'm still here and an update is still planned :)

Thanks for the reply. Keep up this nice work!

On 10/31/2021 at 7:42 AM, maja said:

I was getting frustrated trying to use vehicles from the Grounded mod with Kerbalism installed-- they have plenty of power (at the expense of fuel, of course) but B-V wasn't detecting it after a few in-game minutes. Knowing the cheat works is a fine workaround, since in-game, Kerbalism ignores the stock EC anyway, so it won't affect any craft that aren't under control of Bon Voyage.

I look forward to anything new you have in mind, but for now we're in good hands. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I loaded this mod recently and I think it's absolutely excellent. But my Kerbals seem to drive at insane speeds - the first rover I sent to the Mun is driving from one point to another at 33.9m/s. That's 122kmph!! 

I loaded the Rover with about 60 days of supplies (I'm using USI Life Support) and my plan was for two kerbals to visit each biome and load up with science reports at each before being collected by a lander to return home. I was a little concerned that I might need to deliver more supplies, or swap the crew before completion of the mission as it would take so long. Bon Voyage is brilliant at what it does but is there a way to limit the travel speed to somewhat more realistic maximums?

22 hours ago, Malcymalc said:

I loaded this mod recently and I think it's absolutely excellent. But my Kerbals seem to drive at insane speeds - the first rover I sent to the Mun is driving from one point to another at 33.9m/s. That's 122kmph!! 

I loaded the Rover with about 60 days of supplies (I'm using USI Life Support) and my plan was for two kerbals to visit each biome and load up with science reports at each before being collected by a lander to return home. I was a little concerned that I might need to deliver more supplies, or swap the crew before completion of the mission as it would take so long. Bon Voyage is brilliant at what it does but is there a way to limit the travel speed to somewhat more realistic maximums?

Do you have a pilot as a driver by any chance? They are insane and has a bonus depending on their stars. If you mouse over the speed when setting path, then you can see the base speed and different bonuses and reductions.

3 hours ago, maja said:

Do you have a pilot as a driver by any chance? They are insane and has a bonus depending on their stars. If you mouse over the speed when setting path, then you can see the base speed and different bonuses and reductions.

To be fair, I can totally imagine jeb going across the munar landscape at 120 kph...

On 12/6/2021 at 5:56 AM, maja said:

Yes. He's just a 1 star guy, nobody special. I take it there's nowhere in the settings where I can limit the speed to 20kph  (5.55m/s) ?

On 12/6/2021 at 9:09 AM, toric5 said:

To be fair, I can totally imagine jeb going across the munar landscape at 120 kph...

So can I - when I was driving the rover myself I got up to about 20m/s (80kph) on fairly smooth ground and noticed the rover was taking off quite a bit, so throttled right back,  hence my concern at 120kph.....

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@maja

I was just asked about writing something like this, only for airplanes.  Doesn't make sense to make another mod since this does most of what's needed.  Do you think you can do that?

I will look into this. It can handle rovers, ships (this needs a little rework) and kerbals, so why not planes?

8 hours ago, maja said:

I will look into this. It can handle rovers, ships (this needs a little rework) and kerbals, so why not planes?

I think this would be pretty neat, it would actually make aircraft missions enjoyable again, especially in JNSQ where the flight time one-way is sometimes 4 hours or more

8 hours ago, maja said:

seems good however it is harder for planes since many more calculation including wing maximum lift , flight altittude and fuel consumption especially on interstellar's nuclear engine and cruise speed

3 hours ago, tonimark said:

seems good however it is harder for planes since many more calculation including wing maximum lift , flight altittude and fuel consumption especially on interstellar's nuclear engine and cruise speed

Not really.  Just make the case that the plane has to be flying straight and level, then you can easily figure out it's fuel consumption, range, etc.  Besides, it's only an estimate, just like the rover.

And, just an FYI, there are other nuclear jet engines besides Interstellar

Edited by linuxgurugamer

9 hours ago, tonimark said:

Yyeeeaaahhhhh if you could just go ahead and not get in the way of them creating great content for all of us, that'd be great.

Does Bon Voyage have the ability to stop timewarp when a destination is reached?  Used it last night for the first time, didn’t notice if that was a thing.  Also an option to display a dialog when a destination would be useful, as the message in the messages icon can be missed if busy with other things

23 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Does Bon Voyage have the ability to stop timewarp when a destination is reached?  Used it last night for the first time, didn’t notice if that was a thing.  Also an option to display a dialog when a destination would be useful, as the message in the messages icon can be missed if busy with other things

Yes. Switch it on in the settings. Small "S" in the upper right corner of the main window.

• 2 months later...

How does this mod work with boats and breaking ground robotics?

I want to install this mod because I am now playing on a  6.25x rescale, and, well, flying or driving or boating anywhere on electric rotors takes a long time (6.25x longer, to be precise :p).

It's somewhat OK with rapiers and 4x physics warp at 1,700 m/s surface velocity, but forget about boats or planes using electric rotors (they don't work well with even 2x physics warp).

Some rovers I made go >100 m/s and handle ok on 4x p-warp on Kerbin with 1 g, certainly not minmus)... But that's like travelling at 16m/s stock.

This mod is really needed for the higher rescales

It awesome if it could support BG electric planes.

I'm imagining flying fuel tankers now going out to a splashed down dropship to refuel it, or a cargo plane going to transfer payload, would be great

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, kerbalboi said:

i was doing a trip and my unmanned rover when i switched back to it at the end of my drive fell out of the air, i saved it but any idea how to fix?

Probably this will help

But still, that is a common problem. I deal with it with thing like Time Control so I can stop time and take the appropriated measures so my rover wont crash to the ground