[KSP 1.12.3] Bon Voyage (1.4.1) - 2022-10-02

maja

8 minutes ago, kerbalboi said:

i fixed it but only out of luck, it seems it spawns me inside of vessels, any idea if i could off set where it finishes like half a km away from target stop driving or something?

Just offset the coordinates of your target vessel and you should be fine. Honestly I only used this mod manually imputing the coordinates or picking on map

I've noticed this seems to not combine my available EC sources - I have solar panels and an RTG on my rover, and happened to break my solar panels, and I noticed my average speed that BV was reporting went *up*. I cheat-repaired the solar panels, and the average speed went back down, like it forgot the RTG was there once the solar panels were back online.

On 5/18/2022 at 12:32 PM, ColdJ said:

@maja

Hi. Were you able to make any progress on expanding to aircraft?

Hi. Not yet. Real life has a precedence, so I was forced to stop modding for a while. I still hope, that I will have more time for this in near future.

On 5/18/2022 at 7:49 AM, Rodger said:

I've noticed this seems to not combine my available EC sources - I have solar panels and an RTG on my rover, and happened to break my solar panels, and I noticed my average speed that BV was reporting went *up*. I cheat-repaired the solar panels, and the average speed went back down, like it forgot the RTG was there once the solar panels were back online.

Interesting. Is it stock or do you have some mods that can affect EC?

I definitely have a bunch of mods installed, but not kerbalism or KSPI. According to my MM configcache, the rtg was just using the stock ModuleGenerator module, and the solar panel used multiple stock ModuleDeployableSolarPanel with multiple suncatchers. I'll have another test with a light install and see if I can reproduce with stock parts.

Edit: it's combining solar and rtg power with stock parts. So something about my modded install is confusing it.

Edit two: @majaChecked the rover I originally noticed the issue with, and it looks like the power is getting combined correctly, but the average speed was being weird. Eg:

unknown.png

See the left image, it has broken solar panels and is reporting less power, but it has a higher average speed.

Edited by Rodger

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, gausschaos said:

Sorry people, false alarm. It seems I've accidentally set autopilot type on the lander cabin to naval, and on the probe core to land. That confused me, because inverting both of them didn't help.

BonVoyage registers only the first module found on vessel to avoid errors. Which is the first probably depends on the build order.

On 6/12/2022 at 8:55 PM, splatterk said:

Quick question, will this work upon adding the Bon Voyage controller onto an existing rover via EVA construction?

Yes. You need to reload the scene to register the module.

On 6/16/2022 at 6:51 PM, RB101 said:

Anyone know why my rovers are appearing 100 of meters above the surface when ever I check back on them?

You can set the height offset in the BonVoyage settings.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TanoPrime said:

What happens if I add the Bon Voyage controller to a rover, then uninstall the Bon Voyage mod - does my rover disappear or get broken? Can I still open it in VAB?

Missing parts will always break craft, so if you use the rover controller part on your rover it will break if BV is uninstalled. However if you use a MM patch to add the module to an existing rover part then you will only get a "Missing module" warning that can be safely ignored in most cases.

3 minutes ago, Aelfhe1m said:

Missing parts will always break craft, so if you use the rover controller part on your rover it will break if BV is uninstalled. However if you use a MM patch to add the module to an existing rover part then you will only get a "Missing module" warning that can be safely ignored in most cases.

Thank you, I'll be careful to mark which vehicles have BV part to keep them separate from anything else, in case I stop using the mod.

Is there any known fix for rovers just breaking apart upon loading? Even with cheat settings (unbreakable joints & no crash damage), there is a high chance of just losing major parts of my rovers (higher chance on higher gravity bodies as far as I can tell)... :wacko:

6 hours ago, Phelan said:

Is there any known fix for rovers just breaking apart upon loading? Even with cheat settings (unbreakable joints & no crash damage), there is a high chance of just losing major parts of my rovers (higher chance on higher gravity bodies as far as I can tell)... :wacko:

It's not 100% (I always do a quicksave before embarking on a Bon Voyage trip, just in case), but I find that the stabilization option in the MechJeb rover autopilot helps substantially. Mostly it helps keep the rover upright as it falls to the surface. Of course, a long enough fall or various other circumstances can still be fatal, but your odds are substantially better when the rover at least stays approximately upright.

1 hour ago, rmaine said:

It's not 100% (I always do a quicksave before embarking on a Bon Voyage trip, just in case), but I find that the stabilization option in the MechJeb rover autopilot helps substantially. Mostly it helps keep the rover upright as it falls to the surface. Of course, a long enough fall or various other circumstances can still be fatal, but your odds are substantially better when the rover at least stays approximately upright.

It doesn't fall as far as I can tell, it's more like it's loaded with some parts in the terrain. The very moment it's loaded, there's explosions and it's already broken.

On 7/12/2022 at 10:42 AM, Phelan said:

It doesn't fall as far as I can tell, it's more like it's loaded with some parts in the terrain. The very moment it's loaded, there's explosions and it's already broken.

You can change spawn height above terrain in the settings. The heigt above terrain is set for a root part, so especially long rovers can clip to the terrain.

Hello - it doesn't appear the 1.4.1 release from November (which is mentioned in the Github Changelog) is flagged as a release within Github, and hasn't been pushed to SpaceDock/CKAN.

Is that something you can do easily @maja?

Can download straight from master, but that's always a bit risky - and also means most people who don't check github aren't seeing the newest fixes

Edited by AtomicRocketBooster

13 hours ago, AtomicRocketBooster said:

Hello - it doesn't appear the 1.4.1 release from November (which is mentioned in the Github Changelog) is flagged as a release within Github, and hasn't been pushed to SpaceDock/CKAN.

Is that something you can do easily @maja?

Can download straight from master, but that's always a bit risky - and also means most people who don't check github aren't seeing the newest fixes

I don't know, what happened (probably work), but I forgot, that it wasn't released. Yes, I can fix that. Thanks for information :)

On 7/20/2022 at 6:56 PM, septemberWaves said:

Does this work alright with Principia?

I don't know. You are the first, who asks this question. If some mods isn't in the list of supported mods, then use it at your own risk.

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/15/2022 at 11:11 AM, maja said:

You can change spawn height above terrain in the settings. The heigt above terrain is set for a root part, so especially long rovers can clip to the terrain.

Hm, I'm not seeing anything about height in the settings... The rover's control panel only has the target coords, "Use batteries/fuel cells" toggles and such, and the main panel (opened from the toolbar) has a "S(ettings)" button that opens a little panel with "Automatic dewarp", "Disable rotation", "Show biome", window styles and which toolbar it should use...