[KSP 1.12.3] Bon Voyage (1.4.1) - 2022-10-02

maja

11 hours ago, Phelan said:

Hm, I'm not seeing anything about height in the settings... The rover's control panel only has the target coords, "Use batteries/fuel cells" toggles and such, and the main panel (opened from the toolbar) has a "S(ettings)" button that opens a little panel with "Automatic dewarp", "Disable rotation", "Show biome", window styles and which toolbar it should use...

What are the odds that you are on an old version of Bon Voyage? For me, that window with "Automatic dewarp" et al has a "height offset" right below the "toolbar button" part. I seem to recall that got added sometime relatively recently. I suppose another possibility might be the bottom of that window being clipped for UI scale or other reasons.

9 hours ago, rmaine said:

What are the odds that you are on an old version of Bon Voyage? For me, that window with "Automatic dewarp" et al has a "height offset" right below the "toolbar button" part. I seem to recall that got added sometime relatively recently. I suppose another possibility might be the bottom of that window being clipped for UI scale or other reasons.

I'm using 1.2.0 of Bon Voyage, the most recent one that CKAN is offering me (and I hate mixing a CKAN install with manually installed mods... those tend to get the most messed-up installations)

5 hours ago, Phelan said:

I'm using 1.2.0 of Bon Voyage, the most recent one that CKAN is offering me (and I hate mixing a CKAN install with manually installed mods... those tend to get the most messed-up installations)

Well, that will be it, then. Scanning back through this thread, I see that the height setting was added with 1.1.3.1 in March 2021. Wonder if the reason CKAN isn't offering you later ones might be if you aren't on the latest version of KSP.  Oh, or alternatively, perhaps its because you are, come to think of it. Glancing at the versions tab, I see that Bon Voyage is listed as compatible only with exact versions rather than ranges, and in particular, the latest Bon Voyage version says KSP 1.12.1, without mentioning 1.12.3. I happen to have my CKAN set to accept 1.12.*. BTW, you can tell CKAN to install a specific version regardless of claimed compatibility. Just go to the versions tab for the mod in question. Of course, that doesn't guarantee that the version is compatible, but it does do the install via CKAN instead of manually.

6 minutes ago, rmaine said:

Well, that will be it, then. Scanning back through this thread, I see that the height setting was added with 1.1.3.1 in March 2021. Wonder if the reason CKAN isn't offering you later ones might be if you aren't on the latest version of KSP.  Oh, or alternatively, perhaps its because you are, come to think of it. Glancing at the versions tab, I see that Bon Voyage is listed as compatible only with exact versions rather than ranges, and in particular, the latest Bon Voyage version says KSP 1.12.1, without mentioning 1.12.3. I happen to have my CKAN set to accept 1.12.*. BTW, you can tell CKAN to install a specific version regardless of claimed compatibility. Just go to the versions tab for the mod in question. Of course, that doesn't guarantee that the version is compatible, but it does do the install via CKAN instead of manually.

Unless there was a typo in your response, it's still a little weird since I'd say 1.2.0 (that I already had) would be newer than 1.1.3.1... But yay, now I have the height offset, time to check whether it helps for my problem :)

3 hours ago, Phelan said:

Unless there was a typo in your response, it's still a little weird since I'd say 1.2.0 (that I already had) would be newer than 1.1.3.1... But yay, now I have the height offset, time to check whether it helps for my problem :)

Ah. That's a bug in my eyesight (combined with some version number indication that I'm not sure I understand). What I was reading as 1.1.3.1 appears to instead be 1:1.3.1 (colon instead of a dot between the first 2 digits). No, I don't understand what that's supposed to indicate. Whatever. :-)

7 hours ago, rmaine said:

Ah. That's a bug in my eyesight (combined with some version number indication that I'm not sure I understand). What I was reading as 1.1.3.1 appears to instead be 1:1.3.1 (colon instead of a dot between the first 2 digits). No, I don't understand what that's supposed to indicate. Whatever. :-)

Are you sure it's not a feature? :P

Hello. I wanted to test this mod, so I created a FUR rover with all the requirements and the BV controller. After launch, I moved West of the runway, as specified, so the MET timer starts ticking. Then I tried to activate the BV controller, but I see no buttons on the UI, and no new options when I click both the FUR cabin and BV controller. Where is supposed to be the menu? Is there something missing?

1 hour ago, The Blazer said:

Hello. I wanted to test this mod, so I created a FUR rover with all the requirements and the BV controller. After launch, I moved West of the runway, as specified, so the MET timer starts ticking. Then I tried to activate the BV controller, but I see no buttons on the UI, and no new options when I click both the FUR cabin and BV controller. Where is supposed to be the menu? Is there something missing?

https://github.com/jarosm/KSP-BonVoyage/wiki/How-to

If you don't see UI icon with a rover image, then there is some problem with your installation. You also must see a new part for BonVoyage in Control tab.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm slightly puzzled about an issue I'm having with NFE and SystemHeat in BonVoyage. The compatibility on Github says that this combination is supported, but that only seems to be the case for 1.4.1 (Issue here :- https://github.com/jarosm/KSP-BonVoyage/issues/41).  I'm currently getting the no generation issue, I didn't have it on a previous save without SystemHeat.

I can't find a release of 1.4.1 on Github, how can I find this?

Edited by Ravlain
Added link to issue

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2022 at 2:53 AM, Bizobinator said:

Can I please get some help? Do you need logs? A save file? Anything?

Please :(.

Sorry, I missed your post. If you have a game without mods or only a few ones, than save file is ok.

On 9/19/2022 at 2:08 PM, Ravlain said:

I'm slightly puzzled about an issue I'm having with NFE and SystemHeat in BonVoyage. The compatibility on Github says that this combination is supported, but that only seems to be the case for 1.4.1 (Issue here :- https://github.com/jarosm/KSP-BonVoyage/issues/41).  I'm currently getting the no generation issue, I didn't have it on a previous save without SystemHeat.

I can't find a release of 1.4.1 on Github, how can I find this?

You don't find it, because I forgot to publish it. I don't know what happened around that time (some real life issue), but I'm sorry. Time to revise, update and publish it until end of week.

I have already sent the rover back to my base, and of course it has spawned right on top of my solar panels. As soon as i switch to that scene im greeted by a bunch of explosions.

Is there a way i can move it remotely liek 100 meters in any direction, THEN switch  to my scene?

23 hours ago, Nicky21 said:

I have already sent the rover back to my base, and of course it has spawned right on top of my solar panels. As soon as i switch to that scene im greeted by a bunch of explosions.

Is there a way i can move it remotely liek 100 meters in any direction, THEN switch  to my scene?

If you have save file before the rover started moving or when it was on the way, tahn you can switch to it and change a destination. You can edit latitude and longitude directly. If not, then you must edit the save file.

5 hours ago, ColdJ said:

Can you now use it to send an airborn craft back to the KSC?

No. Craft in midflight is in a different state then a landed rover which is standing still. There are a lot of situations to solve. For example, what happens, if you switch to it during automatic travel? I see possibility of crash landing.

2 hours ago, maja said:

No. Craft in midflight is in a different state then a landed rover which is standing still. There are a lot of situations to solve. For example, what happens, if you switch to it during automatic travel? I see possibility of crash landing.

What if you use some integration with airpark mod (Or something akin to it)? Then when you switch to the plane it will be airparked

3 hours ago, maja said:

The proposal was so that you could do missions where say an aircraft lifts a rocket to a high altitude and then releases it to go on. You stay with the rocket while the aircraft pilots back to base. Like recreating the Virgin Galactic launch procedure. Would  be fine if it was restricted so that you couldn't switch back to it until it was marked as having arrived.

37 minutes ago, ColdJ said:

Like recreating the Virgin Galactic launch procedure.

Air park can do this (sort of) 

1. launch rocket from aircraft. 
  2. park aircraft right after launch in mid air
  3. fly rocket to orbit
  4. switch to aircraft, unpark, fly home
  5. drinks at the Outpost Tavern after 

2 minutes ago, jebycheek said:

am i doing something wrong?

You haven't provided enough in formation to know. A picture would be helpful. 

Do you receive the red message telling you to switch away?  Have you tried changing scenes back to the space center or tracking station if another vessel is not nearby? 

The movement of rovers only happens in the background.   

3 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

You haven't provided enough in formation to know. A picture would be helpful. 

Do you receive the red message telling you to switch away?  Have you tried changing scenes back to the space center or tracking station if another vessel is not nearby? 

The movement of rovers only happens in the background.   

I see,didn't expect it works that way..thanks! problem solved.