[KSP 1.12.3] Bon Voyage (1.4.1) - 2022-10-02

maja

4 hours ago, M3galodon said:

Also, I can't find the reload button; is it in the control panel by any chance?

I tried the solutions RB101 mentioned but nothing seems to be fixing it. Every rover I make has this issue. I just made a barebones one and the control panel doesn't open even on the Launch pad. Trying from the tool bar or from settings doesn't open it either.

Let me know what else you need.

Reload button will be in the next version.

I need the log file. There will be probably some exception, which prevents opening of the Controll window. Also you can try to delete BV settings (KSPFolder\GameData\BonVoyage\Plugins\PluginData\BonVoyage\config.xml) in case, that the Control window is just somewhere off screen.

You can also test it in a clean install just with the BonVoyage and if it works, then add other mods to see, when it stops working.

1 hour ago, Mars-Bound Hokie said:

I actually have a problem with Bon Voyage now. After I set the coordinates for my Munar Mini-bus and activate it, when I return it's bouncing on the surface (whether it be Kerbin, Minmus, or Eve) and at least one thing's damaged - despite the "no crash damage" cheat being on.

Any idea how to fix that issue?

KSP version, BonVoyage version? What wheels do you have on it? Informations are a key element to successfuly solve it. You can also try World Stabilizer, but BonVoyage does the same thing from version 0.14.0 if it's a rover which just arrived to a destination and you don't have WorldStabilizer or BD Armory.

4 hours ago, maja said:

Reload button will be in the next version.

I need the log file. There will be probably some exception, which prevents opening of the Controll window. Also you can try to delete BV settings (KSPFolder\GameData\BonVoyage\Plugins\PluginData\BonVoyage\config.xml) in case, that the Control window is just somewhere off screen.

You can also test it in a clean install just with the BonVoyage and if it works, then add other mods to see, when it stops working.

Thanks for the fast reply.

I had my suspicions that the window might be off the screen somehow, as I remember minimizing the navball and opening/closing some Kerbal engineer panels the first time I used BonVoyage. After deleting the config.xml the issue was resolved.

Contents of the conifg.xml (if it helps), not sure which log file you need:

Spoiler

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<config>
    <bool name="firstRun">0</bool>
    <byte name="skin">0</byte>
    <bool name="kspToolbar">1</bool>
    <bool name="toolbarContinued">1</bool>
    <vector2 name="controlWindow">
        <x>0.5</x>
        <y>-36.8333321</y>
    </vector2>
    <vector2 name="mainWindow">
        <x>0.5</x>
        <y>0.5</y>
    </vector2>
    <bool name="activeControllers">1</bool>
    <bool name="disabledControllers">0</bool>
    <bool name="dewarp">1</bool>
    <bool name="disableRotation">0</bool>
</config>

19 hours ago, maja said:

KSP version, BonVoyage version? What wheels do you have on it? Informations are a key element to successfuly solve it. You can also try World Stabilizer, but BonVoyage does the same thing from version 0.14.0 if it's a rover which just arrived to a destination and you don't have WorldStabilizer or BD Armory.

I have KSP Version 1.4.5.2243, and I believe I got "Version 0.13.3 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.1" for Bon Voyage. As for my wheels, the rovers in question all have TR-2L Ruggedized Vehicular Wheels.

- I have BDArmory, but I never use it. I also should not have gotten it in the first place, as it came in a VesselMover.zip file.

How effective is WorldStabilizer when it comes to this issue? If it's good, where can I find a version compatible with my game?

3 hours ago, Mars-Bound Hokie said:

I have KSP Version 1.4.5.2243, and I believe I got "Version 0.13.3 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.1" for Bon Voyage. As for my wheels, the rovers in question all have TR-2L Ruggedized Vehicular Wheels.

- I have BDArmory, but I never use it. I also should not have gotten it in the first place, as it came in a VesselMover.zip file.

How effective is WorldStabilizer when it comes to this issue? If it's good, where can I find a version compatible with my game?

Sorry, I can't help you when you aren't using version of BV for the latest KSP. Especially now, when it's changing a lot.

World Stabilizer is on SpaceDock and GitHub. There you can find older versions.

23 minutes ago, maja said:

Sorry, I can't help you when you aren't using version of BV for the latest KSP. Especially now, when it's changing a lot.

Okay. Before I get it, are there any problems/downsides I should know about?

On 12/5/2018 at 2:33 PM, maja said:

Forgive me for asking, but I guess this would confirm backwards compatibility is unavailable or not being worked on for the 1.5.x releases? I tried running the updates in my 1.4.5, and even though my Felix command cab had the BV Control Panel button on the PAW, it wouldn't pop up the said control panel. (On the other hand, it was unmanned, but had a hexa probe core attached to it, but was on the Mun, but there was some signal... I know I know, a pic might help, but I'm at work, I'll try to see if I can grab a pic of the rover in question. I reverted back to the compatible version, but I can try testing it again as soon as possible to confirm this behavior.)

PS I second the thankfulness for your continuing to work on this mod, it means I don't have to worry too much about placing space stations in polar orbits for landers to reach any part of the planet or moon when the bus or pickup truck is available. 

Edited by B-STRK

6 hours ago, maja said:

@B-STRK The GUI change made it incompatible with KSP 1.4.x. I'm getting MethodNotFound Exception in KSP 1.4.5. It's probably just the case of compiling against 1.4.5 libraries, but I don't want to have two versions of BV.

I understand, though I am admittedly going to miss what new features will be coming up in the future, until the rest of the mods I also use can safely update. Thanks for the answer maja, and keep truckin' :)

2 hours ago, danielboro said:

I have  ohscrap and dangit installed.

one of them has blown a wheel

can that  be the cause of not seeing a connection wheel to the ground

That message tells you, that you don't have enough wheels with motors online. Enable the motor on another one.

Hi again! Okay, I can interpret from your last message effectively you're not providing support for previous BV versions, but hopefully you can still answer a question or two for light troubleshooting purposes. I can assume that the last BV version prior to the 1.5 compatible ones don't work with KSPWheel, right, so I can't use Kerbal Foundries vehicles with BV? Not a priority question, but I guess this is something that cannot be back-patched with an MM file? (Again, no pressure here to back-compat nuBV for 1.4.x, just curious)

The priority question however is, with the said last 1.4.x compatible version of BV, what does the status "Wheels aren't online" exactly mean, even if the stock wheels/module are being used and there is solar power being delivered (in short, daylight), when the rover concerned is the Mobile Workshop from Global Construction (which is essentially a large kerballed command pod)? Does it mean the vehicle is too heavy, or is there a significant conflict between the said part and BV (and again, my apologies, but this would be the 1.4.x compatible BV, prior to your remix)? The control panel still keeps registering zero speed and infinity power generation even in daylight and with solar panels attached (total 8ec/sec for 6 of the Ruggedized wheels, all motor-active). Thanks again!

Edit: ugh, never mind, either I'm a complete frakkerbing idiot who never checks his own checklists, or there'd something I missed on the inbound. Forgot to extend the antenna. 

Have I ever said how much I appreciate this mod? And that I'm a frakkerbing idiot sometimes?

Edited by B-STRK
I'm a frakkerbing idiot who should remember to extend the antenna

@B-STRK Yes, I don't support older versions, because It will be utter mess to support them after overhaul.

As I wrote in the post just above yours: "That message tells you, that you don't have enough wheels with motors online"

You don't need a connection in version for 1.4.x, so if it's only the one thing, which prevents you to use BV, then there is some influence of another mod, and also that version should be compatible with wheels from KerbalFoundries. That compatibility is there for a long time.

Just to make things a little bit straight. Current version (for KSP 1.5.x) is a big overhaul (not remix, I was maintainer and coauthor for more than a year), because it will be much easier to extend a future functionality. So nearly everything you see right now is part of older versions, but this will change, because the time to add new features has come.

Edited by maja

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2018 at 6:16 AM, RB101 said:

Is there any way to turn this "Abort" function off? I'm getting kind sick of having to constantly check on my equatorial rovers, to set the next way-point.

While I can see an argument for being able to alter the timeout it shouldn't be able to be turned off.  The problem is that the calculation times goes at the square of the distance.  Given my experiences on Kerbin a worst-case route (KSC to the southern ice) would likely take upwards of half an hour.  There's no getting around this, without some very fancy pre-calculation based on a known roadmap this is inherent in pathfinding routines.  This is one reason games tend to mess it up.

20 minutes ago, danielboro said:

In the old version the default was 200m.

Would you consider restoring that default?

There wasn't and isn't such default.

Old version (for KSP 1.3.1):

double deltaT = currentTime - lastTime;

double deltaS = AverageSpeed * deltaT;
			double bearing = GeoUtils.InitialBearing(
				vessel.latitude,
				vessel.longitude,
				targetLatitude,
				targetLongitude
			);
			distanceTravelled += deltaS;
			if (distanceTravelled >= distanceToTarget)
			{
				if (!MoveSafe (targetLatitude, targetLongitude))
					distanceTravelled -= deltaS;
				else {
					distanceTravelled = distanceToTarget;

New version (for KSP 1.5.1):

double deltaS = AverageSpeed * deltaT; // Distance delta from the last update
            distanceTravelled += deltaS;

if (distanceTravelled >= distanceToTarget) // We reached the target
            {
                if (!MoveSafely(targetLatitude, targetLongitude))
                    distanceTravelled -= deltaS;
                else
                {
                    distanceTravelled = distanceToTarget;

interesting.
i see no reason way my rover are getting closer in the new version.

thank you

it mast have been an artifact of my rovers

edit

is the target in the new version  using  more accuracy(more decimal numbers)  lat/lan ? 

Edited by danielboro

Sorry to ask this...  I've been waiting to update all my mods to 1.4.5 and only got serious today.  Bon Voyage is the only one missing.  Now that I'm serious, I figured out it's only available via SpaceDock (not CKAN)...

But can I still get the 1.4.5 version of this mod (please)?

UPDATE: Never mind.  I've cloned the repository and will build a version for myself.

Edited by Hotel26

7 minutes ago, Hotel26 said:

Sorry to ask this...  I've been waiting to update all my mods to 1.4.5 and only got serious today.  Bon Voyage is the only one missing.  Now that I'm serious, I figured out it's only available via SpaceDock (not CKAN)...

But can I still get the 1.4.5 version of this mod (please)?

Version 0.13.3 is compatible with KSP 1.4.x. You don't need a version specific for KSP 1.4.5.