[KSP 1.12.3] Bon Voyage (1.4.1) - 2022-10-02

maja

HI, i'm stuck with my rover on Duna

I used Kopernicus, and remove because drop FPS 60 to 6... 
But now,  BonVoyage always say it's not enough power, rover production is too low"
But i have 2K of energy, or if i pass in consol infinit electrical energy 

2x solar panels give 0.65 of= 1.3 of Generated power in Bon Voyage panel 

Why ?

I'm on BonVoyage 0.5.0, and only this mod in my gameData folder.

Edited by Yohaskan

@jaunco325 It's what I thought. One of the wheels clipped to the terrain. BV tries to move a rover up during scene load to get clearance, but it can miss some bumps, if the terrain is uneven. There is probably nothing, I can do with it programatically. But the remedy is easy. Open the save file and edit the altitude of the rover. I added only a few meters and it was enough to get out of that terrain.

VESSEL
        {
            pid = 3b20fc5cb7a0433ab600e88a28f31ace
            persistentId = 2039132760
            name = Mini Rover lunar
            landedAt = Mun
            alt = 3400.440856645233

19 hours ago, aluc24 said:

Thank you very much!!! Deleting these two dll's fixed it. Damn. I always update my mods manually (I read that's the better way as opposed to CKAN), and I always overwrite on top of the old versions of the mods so I get to save the configs. Never occurred to me that a situation like this could ever happen. How do I make sure this never happens again when updating mods?

Backup just the config, delete the folder, install the New one, make sure that the New config file has the same lay-out and variables as the old one. 

Or remember your settings, delete the old mod, install the new, and set it up again. 

1 hour ago, maja said:

@jaunco325 It's what I thought. One of the wheels clipped to the terrain. BV tries to move a rover up during scene load to get clearance, but it can miss some bumps, if the terrain is uneven. There is probably nothing, I can do with it programatically. But the remedy is easy. Open the save file and edit the altitude of the rover. I added only a few meters and it was enough to get out of that terrain.

VESSEL
        {
            pid = 3b20fc5cb7a0433ab600e88a28f31ace
            persistentId = 2039132760
            name = Mini Rover lunar
            landedAt = Mun
            alt = 3400.440856645233

thank you

8 hours ago, Yohaskan said:

HI, i'm stuck with my rover on Duna

I used Kopernicus, and remove because drop FPS 60 to 6... 
But now,  BonVoyage always say it's not enough power, rover production is too low"
But i have 2K of energy, or if i pass in consol infinit electrical energy 

2x solar panels give 0.65 of= 1.3 of Generated power in Bon Voyage panel 

Why ?

I'm on BonVoyage 0.5.0, and only this mod in my gameData folder.

The panels get changed by Kopernicus, so there’s nothing this mod can do about that. 

There’s a patch in the Kopernicus thread to work around the FPS problem though so I suggest you use that. 

Edit: I assumed the rover worked fine before and that the amount of generated power should be sufficient, but somehow wasn’t generated anymore. As Maja suggested, if the problem is just that there’s more power needed than available, just turn off some wheels. :P 

Edited by Jognt

Hmm... that's odd. I also reluctantly had to uninstall Kopernicus (as a dependency for SVT). What I did see is that every solar panel reverted to stock (as expected), and every solar panel was retracted and its action group assignment was gone. The amount of EC generated though was unchanged. I'm still using BV 0.14.9, don't know if that makes any difference (why would it)?

Edited by VoidSquid

@Maja, too bad for this rover, I preferred to put an end to his mission. which is strange because the same model on Earth or Mimnus continues to work (even if the solar yield is stronger in these places).
@VoidSquid In fact I had a chain of problems that triggered with the last DLC and I had to test, desinstaler one or the other mods, and reinstal other version them. Now i have a big mess in my active save game. They continue to want Copernicus Solar panel but i do not want. And some vessel seem to work badly.
I do not know how to reset and keep all my save.
May be parsing and cleaning any code mentions added in .sfs files by mods.

2 hours ago, Yohaskan said:

@Maja, too bad for this rover, I preferred to put an end to his mission. which is strange because the same model on Earth or Mimnus continues to work (even if the solar yield is stronger in these places).
@VoidSquid In fact I had a chain of problems that triggered with the last DLC and I had to test, desinstaler one or the other mods, and reinstal other version them. Now i have a big mess in my active save game. They continue to want Copernicus Solar panel but i do not want. And some vessel seem to work badly.
I do not know how to reset and keep all my save.
May be parsing and cleaning any code mentions added in .sfs files by mods.

Check to make sure the Kopernicus folder is gone. Sometimes parts linger and cause problems. 

1 hour ago, Spagoose said:

Is there any way of hiding the biome from being displayed when you are picking a location on the map? I want to use satscan for locating biomes.

No. If you mean SCANsat mod, then remedy is easy. Don't use BV before you scan planet/moon for biomes.

New version

Changes

• Suport of servo rotors from the Breaking Ground DLC for ship controller

If you have Breaking Ground DLC, then you can use EM line of rotors and turboshaft engines (you can find them in the Robotics tab). Setting up a test ship with two rotors, each with four propeller blades, was a pain, but it worked surprisingly well. I recommend to bind RPM to throttle, set torque to some sensible value (25% is enough) and use control group to toggle deployment of propellers. If you use two rotors, then you can easily turn your craft by toggling deployment of propellers on each rotor. And you need one rotor to turn clockwise and second counter clockwise if you do not want to turn your craft upside down :D

Edited by maja