maja

[KSP 1.8] Bon Voyage (1.0.0) - 2019-10-20

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, maja said:

??

BV goes nautical right after KAS 1.2 and it no longer has anchors (maybe in the future). :o:D ;)

Just now, Jognt said:

Tbf.. that’s kind of what anchors are for. ;) 

thought they were just giant fish hooks! ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@maja Would you be open for adding any additional feature that would improve unmanned rovers travel speed. I think tech like artificial inteligence should allow it to more just as fast as a manned rover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

@maja Would you be open for adding any additional feature that would improve unmanned rovers travel speed. I think tech like artificial inteligence should allow it to more just as fast as a manned rover.

Do you mean a part upgrade? That's a reasonable feature. I just don't know how to detect it, so if you can direct me to the right API class/property/function, I'll be glad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, maja said:

Do you mean a part upgrade? That's a reasonable feature. I just don't know how to detect it, so if you can direct me to the right API class/property/function, I'll be glad.

The most simple way is to test it by code:

        private static bool hasTech(string techid)
        {
			if (ResearchAndDevelopment.Instance == null)
				return false
		
			var techstate = ResearchAndDevelopment.Instance.GetTechState(techid);
            if (techstate != null)
            {
                var available = techstate.state == RDTech.State.Available;
                if (available)
                    Debug.Log(" found techid " + id + " available");
                else
                    Debug.Log("found techid " + id + " unavailable");
                return available;
            }
		}

upgradetech would have to be a public field

        [KSPField]
        public string upgradeTech = "artificialIntelligence";

 

Edited by FreeThinker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right, posting this a second time cause im an idiot and posted it in the wrong tab last time

 

I have remote tech installed and it keeps telling me that i need an active connection to use bon voyage, but i have a full connection and complete control over the rover.

is there any way to turn off the need for an active connection? Cause if bon voyage wont accept my connection, that means my very expensive rover is a very expensive extra-terrestial paperweight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Joshinken said:

Right, posting this a second time cause im an idiot and posted it in the wrong tab last time

 

I have remote tech installed and it keeps telling me that i need an active connection to use bon voyage, but i have a full connection and complete control over the rover.

is there any way to turn off the need for an active connection? Cause if bon voyage wont accept my connection, that means my very expensive rover is a very expensive extra-terrestial paperweight

I need more info. RemoteTech version and if you have a connection to the Kerbin or you are controlling that rover from the orbit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, maja said:

I need more info. RemoteTech version and if you have a connection to the Kerbin or you are controlling that rover from the orbit.

I have no idea what version, but i downloaded it a week ago, so id assume its the newest version, and i dont quite know what you mean, but i have a connection to ksc using 4 jumps.

 

edit: works now. I dont know why. Maybe it was just glitched last time. Honestly, i didnt try to re-start the game because it was really late, i wanted to quit playing anyways, and my game takes actual litteral 10 minutes to load, so maybe restarting fixed it.

edit 2: now i have the very different problem that my rover doesnt generate nearly enough electricity to use bon voyage, so its a very expensive underpowered paperweight. Ill just cheat in the money it cost and send a new one with larger rtgs, cause honestly...

Edited by Joshinken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Question, why isn't the Bon-voyage controller added to the stock Rovermate part by default? In my view, it should be added by default

Edited by FreeThinker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Joshinken said:

I have no idea what version, but i downloaded it a week ago, so id assume its the newest version, and i dont quite know what you mean, but i have a connection to ksc using 4 jumps.

 

edit: works now. I dont know why. Maybe it was just glitched last time. Honestly, i didnt try to re-start the game because it was really late, i wanted to quit playing anyways, and my game takes actual litteral 10 minutes to load, so maybe restarting fixed it.

edit 2: now i have the very different problem that my rover doesnt generate nearly enough electricity to use bon voyage, so its a very expensive underpowered paperweight. Ill just cheat in the money it cost and send a new one with larger rtgs, cause honestly...

Disable the motor on some wheels and press the ‘system check’ button in the BV control panel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jognt said:

Disable the motor on some wheels and press the ‘system check’ button in the BV control panel. 

I cant open the control panel without an active connection, sooooooooooo

7 hours ago, maja said:

I need more info. RemoteTech version and if you have a connection to the Kerbin or you are controlling that rover from the orbit.

Its back now. Maybe it happens every time i launch a new rover? Ill try to restart, really not looking forward to that load time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Joshinken said:

I cant open the control panel without an active connection, sooooooooooo

You said in your edit that it worked now but that you didn’t have enough power. 

If the problem returned I’ll assume it’s a local error. Good luck. 

Edited by Jognt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Jognt said:

You said in your edit that it worked now but that you didn’t have enough power. 

‘Sooooo’ ..

Oh that. Sorry, lots of stuff in that quote, didnt know which part you meant.

 

I could do that, but my rover is already moving at an extremely hasty 3m per second when i drive it around, i cant imagine bon voyage about to beat fujiwara in a race if i also take away 2 wheels.

 

 

actually, that would improve drift, so it may help in the very specific case of beating fujiwara in a minmus drift race, but thats not really the point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Joshinken I tested it and it's working. On the launchpad even without an extended antena, because there is that 3km signal range for a probe core. The signal went through one hop (KSC - satellite - rover) and Bv had control without a problem.

 

 

 

0.5.2

Changes

  • BonVoyage modul added to RoveMate by default
  • Added part upgrades which raise the speed of unmanned rovers and ships. The last upgrade is for Community Tech Tree only.

 

( @FreeThinker :wink: )

Edited by maja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@majaThanks for the quick release , but I noticed the technodes are hardcoded for CTT technodes  and are impossible to reconfigure for alternative tech tree like simplex techtree that don't use the 3 tech nodes. Could please you replace the 3 constant by 3 configurable public fields? you could give them the default value of the 3 current technodes

Edited by FreeThinker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, maja said:

@Joshinken I tested it and it's working. On the launchpad even without an extended antena, because there is that 3km signal range for a probe core. The signal went through one hop (KSC - satellite - rover) and Bv had control without a problem.

 

 

 

0.5.2

Changes

  • BonVoyage modul added to RoveMate by default
  • Added part upgrades which raise the speed of unmanned rovers and ships. The last upgrade is for Community Tech Tree only.

 

( @FreeThinker :wink: )

Cheers! Now to remember removing the rovemate from my personal BV patch! Might I suggest adding it to the rover-variant of the 2.5m landercan?

Thank you VERY much for the upgrades, those’ll come in quite nicely!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

@majaThanks for the quick release , but I noticed the technodes are hardcoded for CTT technodes  and are impossible to reconfigure for alternative tech tree like simplex techtree that don't use the 3 tech nodes. Could please you replace the 3 constant by 3 configurable public fields? you could give them the default value of the 3 current technodes

Only one is CTT. Others are stock and I see them in Simplex tech tree too. I can change it in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This just doesn’t work at all for me, no matter what I do it says “path could not be found” when pressing the GO! Button. I thought it might be not enough coverage for commlink but after sending 4 more satellites to the mun and covering the entire thing 24/7 still nothing. I tried on duna and minmus and same issue. I need a mod like this to work as driving a rover is excruciatingly boring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Zuldwyn said:

This just doesn’t work at all for me, no matter what I do it says “path could not be found” when pressing the GO! Button. I thought it might be not enough coverage for commlink but after sending 4 more satellites to the mun and covering the entire thing 24/7 still nothing. I tried on duna and minmus and same issue. I need a mod like this to work as driving a rover is excruciatingly boring.

Obvious questions. Did you tried a rover on Kerbin before launching to another body? Manned? Short distance? There is a 10 second limit for pathfinding (to not block KSP for too long), so if you want it to travel too far, then the path is not found. You must then try some closer point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, maja said:

Obvious questions. Did you tried a rover on Kerbin before launching to another body? Manned? Short distance? There is a 10 second limit for pathfinding (to not block KSP for too long), so if you want it to travel too far, then the path is not found. You must then try some closer point.

Yeah i've done that, i literally put a marker 100m away to and nothing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Zuldwyn Wait a moment. The text "path could not be found" is not in the latest version of BonVoyage. And definitelly not after you press GO button. What version are you using?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, maja said:

@Zuldwyn Wait a moment. The text "path could not be found" is not in the latest version of BonVoyage. And definitelly not after you press GO button. What version are you using?

The latest version? The download link is on the page for space dock and I also tried the GitHub one but no dice same issue. And no I didn’t use the dev source code.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Zuldwyn said:

The latest version? The download link is on the page for space dock and I also tried the GitHub one but no dice same issue. And no I didn’t use the dev source code.

Not to be snarky but 'the latest version' aint no version number I ever heard of!

You need to give accurate information or else how do you expect to get accurate help?

The latest version number (for the branch of Bon Voyage maintained by Maja) is 0.5.2 and doesn't say anything about path not found. That's the kind of thing the older version by the original author would have said.

Maybe you want this: https://github.com/jarosm/KSP-BonVoyage/releases/latest 

And, whatever you have installed right now, COMPLETELY delete it. Shift-delete so it doesn't even go to the recycle bin. Then install the file you download from the link above.

Edited by Starwaster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Starwaster said:

Not to be snarky but 'the latest version' aint no version number I ever heard of!

You need to give accurate information or else how do you expect to get accurate help?

The latest version number (for the branch of Bon Voyage maintained by Maja) is 0.5.2 and doesn't say anything about path not found. That's the kind of thing the older version by the original author would have said.

Maybe you want this: https://github.com/jarosm/KSP-BonVoyage/releases/latest 

And, whatever you have installed right now, COMPLETELY delete it. Shift-delete so it doesn't even go to the recycle bin. Then install the file you download from the link above.

I referred to the paths I downloaded it from which both host 0.5.2. Maybe those aren’t accurate in the version they are hosting?

Edited by Zuldwyn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Zuldwyn said:

I referred to the paths I downloaded it from which both host 0.5.2. Maybe those aren’t accurate in the version they are hosting?

Really? So from now on, if you want any help from me, install the BonVoyage properly (delete the entire BonVoyage folder and reinstall it as Starwaster wrote) and if the error still exists, then show us a KSP log, where are clearly visible versions of dll's. Because if I'm telling you, that the mentioned text isn't in BV and you still argue with me, the author, that it's maybe the wrong version, than I cannot help you any more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, maja said:

Really? So from now on, if you want any help from me, install the BonVoyage properly (delete the entire BonVoyage folder and reinstall it as Starwaster wrote) and if the error still exists, then show us a KSP log, where are clearly visible versions of dll's. Because if I'm telling you, that the mentioned text isn't in BV and you still argue with me, the author, that it's maybe the wrong version, than I cannot help you any more.

I’m not arguing with you, I’m literally stating that I downloaded it off of the front page from the links you provided. Currently installing it from the link StarWaster provided which isn't on the mod page.

Edited by Zuldwyn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.