[KSP 1.12.3] Bon Voyage (1.4.1) - 2022-10-02

maja

On 7/21/2019 at 6:49 PM, aluc24 said:

Outer Planets.

EDIT: I will re-download that pack, since I'm not entirely sure if I have the latest version. Maybe that's the culprit.

It reminds me of a bug I used to have. Could you check your gamedata/bonvoyage/plugins/plugindata/bonvoyage/config.xml for the controlWindow position?

I used to have a problem where those would get set to a negative (offscreen) value. Maybe that's it? (setting both x and y to 0 got the window back onscreen for me back then)

Ps. If you're uninstalling mods using CKAN, be sure to check if the mod's folder is actually gone from GameData. CKAN doesn't remove the folder if it contains files that weren't in the download (like configuration files), which can cause problems with mod interactions.

18 minutes ago, Jognt said:

It reminds me of a bug I used to have. Could you check your gamedata/bonvoyage/plugins/plugindata/bonvoyage/config.xml for the controlWindow position?

I used to have a problem where those would get set to a negative (offscreen) value. Maybe that's it? (setting both x and y to 0 got the window back onscreen for me back then)

Ps. If you're uninstalling mods using CKAN, be sure to check if the mod's folder is actually gone from GameData. CKAN doesn't remove the folder if it contains files that weren't in the download (like configuration files), which can cause problems with mod interactions.

Thanks for the suggestion. I went into config, and set the controlWindow X and Y to 0 (they were 0.74 and 0.32 respectively), but it didn't fix the problem (window is still not visible). I am not using CKAN, I'm installing mods manually, and this install of BonVoyage was fresh, no previous configs.

43 minutes ago, aluc24 said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I went into config, and set the controlWindow X and Y to 0 (they were 0.74 and 0.32 respectively), but it didn't fix the problem (window is still not visible). I am not using CKAN, I'm installing mods manually, and this install of BonVoyage was fresh, no previous configs.

Ah, it was worth a shot. :p

You could remove BV and do a CKAN install to see if that makes a difference?

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, VoidSquid said:

Sorry to bother, but even after reading the wiki and this whole thread, I couldn't find what what I'm looking for: what is the general recommendation about the "Disable rotation" setting, on or off?

The default. 

Another noob question (never done any modding myself), if I may:

Using MechJebForAll as a template, will the following lines work and give all vessels having wheels (which, for my game, are just rovers) the BV controller?

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleWheelBase]]:NEEDS[BonVoyage]:Final
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = BonVoyageModule
    }
}

10 minutes ago, VoidSquid said:

Another noob question (never done any modding myself), if I may:

Using MechJebForAll as a template, will the following lines work and give all vessels having wheels (which, for my game, are just rovers) the BV controller?

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleWheelBase]]:NEEDS[BonVoyage]:Final
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = BonVoyageModule
    }
}

It would work yes. But you'd have a controller active for every wheel, which may cause unforeseen problems.
Here's my personal patch that just adds the BV module to the Rovemate and Landercan:

// Small patch to add the Bon Voyage control module to the Rovemate and MK2 Lander Can.
// Author: Jognt

@PART[roverBody_v2|mk2LanderCabin_v2]:AFTER[BonVoyage]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = BonVoyageModule
	}
}

By the way, by using AFTER you do two things:

1. ModuleManager will only execute the patch if BonVoyage is present (Like NEEDS);
  2. ModuleManager will run the patch right after BonVoyage's FOR pass;

That way you don't need NEEDS and FINAL, since both the timing and conditional is present in the single AFTER.

Edited by Jognt

35 minutes ago, VoidSquid said:

Any suggestions for a better filter, covering only vessels having wheels?

How about:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleWheelBase]:HAS[#wheelType[MOTORIZED]]]:NEEDS[BonVoyage]:FINAL
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = BonVoyageModule
    }
}

This will add the BV module to motorized wheels only, so landing legs and gears are not affected. Should be fine if you don't want to build a rocket engine powered rover or something similar^^

On 7/21/2019 at 6:59 PM, aluc24 said:

I tried with the latest version of Outer Planets. Problem still there.

Hi there and sorry for waiting. I had a vacation :cool:

I tested it with KSP 1.7.3, BonVoyage 0.14.8, Kopernicus 1.7.3.-1, OPM 2.2.5 and Module manager 4.0.2. No error, rover was moved from the runway to it's destination without a problem.

On 8/9/2019 at 5:44 PM, maja said:

Hi there and sorry for waiting. I had a vacation :cool:

I tested it with KSP 1.7.3, BonVoyage 0.14.8, Kopernicus 1.7.3.-1, OPM 2.2.5 and Module manager 4.0.2. No error, rover was moved from the runway to it's destination without a problem.

Damn. This is weird. Is there any way I can find out what is causing the problem without having to test by removing and re-adding all the mods I have installed? That takes ages :(

12 minutes ago, aluc24 said:

Damn. This is weird. Is there any way I can find out what is causing the problem without having to test by removing and re-adding all the mods I have installed? That takes ages :(

Be it me, I make a brand new copy of KSP, add all the mods, test and if there is still the error then remove them in batches and test again. Rinse and repeat.

You don't need to remove mods one by one. If you find the wrong batch, then you can identify the offending mod.

3 minutes ago, maja said:

Be it me, I make a brand new copy of KSP, add all the mods, test and if there is still the error then remove them in batches and test again. Rinse and repeat.

You don't need to remove mods one by one. If you find the wrong batch, then you can identify the offending mod.

Yeah, that's what I meant... That takes ages to narrow it down, since I have like 60 mods now. Is there any better way? Maybe look at logs or something?

3 minutes ago, aluc24 said:

Yeah, that's what I meant... That takes ages to narrow it down, since I have like 60 mods now. Is there any better way? Maybe look at logs or something?

Well, the error manifests itself, when BV is checking for a main star from Kopernicus.

Where do you have KSP installed?

1 minute ago, maja said:

Well, the error manifests itself, when BV is checking for a main star from Kopernicus.

Where do you have KSP installed?

I have it on C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program  - why?

5 minutes ago, aluc24 said:

I have it on C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program  - why?

I wonder, if there can be some problem with user rights. If you can copy the whole KSP to another drive, then try it.

At least with Bon Voyage v0.14.8 on KSP v1.7.3, there's an issue where, on picking a target on the map, latitude and longitude are mixed up. This leads to lots of "path not found" errors, as there's a nontrivial chance that you're trying to enter a latitude of greater than 180 degrees.

It's possible this only occurs when selecting a site of longitude 180-360 degrees; I forgot to test that.

EDIT: The temporary workaround is to enter lat/lon manually.

Edited by Starman4308