[KSP 1.12.3] Bon Voyage (1.4.1) - 2022-10-02

maja

40 minutes ago, derbleifuss said:

Edit: it worked. Unfortunately it keeps saying "No Route to Target". Since it doesn't show any Target Coordinates or Distance in the Control Panel and shows nothing on the Map (whatever it is supposed to look like), I guess that it doesn't find a Target at all. I tried various Things like Waypoints, setting other Crafts as Target or manuall picking in the Map. The Result is alway the same.

In the OP and wiki is the list of actions to follow. You probably forgot to press Set button. In the next version it will be done automatically after target selection, because that's the most reported "problem" when selecting a path.

15 hours ago, maja said:

Don't worry, as I wrote, it's the most common mistake. That function probably isn't that logical as I thought :cool:

Im guessing that ‘feature’ is there to prevent having to wait while BV computes a route if you’ve missclicked. In that scenario it makes sense. 

31 minutes ago, Jognt said:

Im guessing that ‘feature’ is there to prevent having to wait while BV computes a route if you’ve missclicked. In that scenario it makes sense. 

It's there, because you can change selected coordinates before computing a route, but I agree with you, that it will be better to start computing a route after picking a target without pressing Set button.

• 3 weeks later...

New update

Changes

• Path is computed immediately after selecting a target (point on map, current target or waypoint)

Fixes

• Fixed null ref when closing main window after hiding the application button
  • Fixed distance display in the control panel after setting a route

2 hours ago, maja said:

New update

Changes

• Path is computed immediately after selecting a target (point on map, current target or waypoint)

Fixes

• Fixed null ref when closing main window after hiding the application button
  • Fixed distance display in the control panel after setting a route

You’re the best! :) 

I don't want to sound demanding, but lately, the problem that my rovers explode when I return to them after arriving at their destination, is becoming more and more frequent. I could already say that 70% of the time I have this problem, (sometimes it appears buried and other times it appears in the air falling towards the ground and crashing against it). There were even a few times when the game did not take the altitude changes made in the persistant file, so I had to start changing latitude and longitude to try to fix it. Am I the only one having this problem?

Edited by jaunco325

1 hour ago, jaunco325 said:

I don't want to sound demanding, but lately, the problem that my rovers explode when I return to them after arriving at their destination, is becoming more and more frequent. I could already say that 70% of the time I have this problem, (sometimes it appears buried and other times it appears in the air falling towards the ground and crashing against it). There were even a few times when the game did not take the altitude changes made in the persistant file, so I had to start changing latitude and longitude to try to fix it. Am I the only one having this problem?

I DID just have a rover explode on me, but it was in terrible mountainous terrain so I didn't think much of it. Never had a problem before so it could be the same bug.

1 hour ago, BigFatStupidHead said:

Acabo de hacer que un rover explotara en mí, pero estaba en un terreno montañoso terrible, así que no pensé mucho en ello. Nunca tuve un problema antes, por lo que podría ser el mismo error.

Yes, mountainous cases are the most difficult to solve. but I mention two recent examples of mine: 2 rovers, one in the grasslands of Kerbin and the other in the northern ice shelf, both the same problem, appeared in the air (about 5 meters) and when they fell they lost several wheels.

12 hours ago, jaunco325 said:

KSP version? BV version? Is it stock rover? Do you have rover rotation setting on in the mod settings? Log file? Save file?

I don't have this issue with my rovers, but I don't use stock ones in my game. Only for function tests and it seems to be ok so far with Crater Crawler and that small rover with the rovemate body.

2 hours ago, maja said:

KSP version? BV version? Is it stock rover? Do you have rover rotation setting on in the mod settings? Log file? Save file?

I don't have this issue with my rovers, but I don't use stock ones in my game. Only for function tests and it seems to be ok so far with Crater Crawler and that small rover with the rovemate body.

I will answer the questions in order:
* the last one, I have it in steam, it updates itself. I think it's 1.8.1
* I do not know how to check the version of the mod I have, but it is the one that had compatibility with 1.8, although the (tooblar control I think) did not notify me of any updates available after that.
* Do you mean if you have any part of any other mod? no. It has the scanning arm of the DLC breaking ground (by the way, I have the DLCs, I don't know if that influences).
* already try deactivating it, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
* Regarding the last 2 questions: continue playing after that (I didn't think you'd answer so fast XD) I don't know if they would work now. As soon as I have more rovers in this situation, I send them to you.

Edited by jaunco325

1 hour ago, jaunco325 said:

I will answer the questions in order:
* the last one, I have it in steam, it updates itself. I think it's 1.8.1
* I do not know how to check the version of the mod I have, but it is the one that had compatibility with 1.8, although the (tooblar control I think) did not notify me of any updates available after that.
* Do you mean if you have any part of any other mod? no. It has the scanning arm of the DLC breaking ground (by the way, I have the DLCs, I don't know if that influences).
* already try deactivating it, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
* Regarding the last 2 questions: continue playing after that (I didn't think you'd answer so fast XD) I don't know if they would work now. As soon as I have more rovers in this situation, I send them to you.

Especially the output log and if possible a save from just before you switched to the rover would be nice. 

I haven’t played for a while but I remember I wasn’t having this problem back when you first mentioned it. 

@maja the code mentions handing over vessel stabilization when another stabilization mod is present, maybe it’s a hand-off problem with another mod?

Logs/save may tell. :) 

Edit: the logs are from the last session, so as long as you don’t start KSP again the log should have all the bits from when it went wrong. :) 

Edited by Jognt

2 hours ago, Jognt said:

@maja the code mentions handing over vessel stabilization when another stabilization mod is present, maybe it’s a hand-off problem with another mod

The function is switched off, if World Stabilizer or BD Armory is present, because they are doing the same thing - Moving vessel up or down, to get a clearance over a terrain and avoid clipping of parts. But there are a few cases, where it could go wrong (the terrain is too bumpy or steep, the vessel is too long and clips somewhere, part dimensions are wrongly defined) and I can't do a thing with it, because BV is trying to find the lowest point of the vessel and then move it up over the terrain.