maja

[KSP 1.8.1] Bon Voyage (1.0.1) - 2019-11-04

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Darks :v said:

I have a little problem, when I use Kerbal Foundries tracks in a rover with Bon Voyage, simply the control panel doesn´t appear, anyone knows why?
I tried to reinstall the mod, also I tried to delete the config.xml file and nothing change
Anyone has an idea?

LOGS please.

  1. The Logs
    These are text files that the game spits out for debugging purposes as it runs; if something broke horribly in-game, there will be something in here about it. You should upload the entire log as a file (i.e. not to pastebin); you can use dropbox or an equivalent host to upload the file. Make sure the entire file gets uploaded; you may have to zip it first, as logs can be very long. Here is where you can find the log:
    • Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt (32bit) or KSP_win64\KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt (64bit) or %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\output_log.txt
    • Mac OS X: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log ( Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log )
    • Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New update

 

0.14.5
Fixes

  • Fixed bulk profile category
  • Fixed compatibility with KSPWheelTracks

Changes

  • KSP 1.7.1 compatibility 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi again, it's me, that guy with a log filled with errors that made it hard to gauge what was going on.

I've tested Bon Voyage on a clean 1.7.1.02539 install with both Making History and Breaking Ground. Only Patchmanager and some personal MM tweaks (non BV related) were active:

  • BV throws a Nullref upon starting a new game;
  • BV Main window freaks out with Nullrefs upon reloading controllers if you decouple a rover. It'll also show two controllers where there is only one. At that point the "Show BV Control Panel" button will stop working on the BV part;
  • BV is under the impression that a rover with the Making History foldable wheels can do 120m/s. Speed for other wheels (except the smallest ones) are also incorrect, though not as much as these;

How to reproduce:

For bug 1: Start a new game.

For bug 2: Grab a Rovemate, slap on wheels (the MH wheels if you want to combine it with bug 3), plonk on a BV module. Attach a decoupler followed by something else (I had a Mk2 Landercan with wheels), launch it, decouple the rover, and it should bug out;

For bug 3: Check the speed of the rover from the above craft.

Log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jqwk4wxecp6zutx/BVoutput_log.zip?dl=0

Craft file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/il7hwo37zft7h72/BonVoyageExample.craft?dl=0

I hope my log is clean enough this time to gauge what's going on. :P I can't quite recall whether I had the main window open when it bugged out or not. Let me know if you can reproduce it or if you want me to get some more specific steps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Jognt Ok, I managed to replicate it. Null refs and indexes out of range after decouplig are fixed. Max speed check for Making History foldable wheels too. If you think, that other wheels have wrong max speed, then I need their names to check it.

Null ref upon starting the game is some problem with your installation. If you can, move the whole KSP folder to another location than disk C. Something is preventing access to miniavc.xml. Or you can ignore it. I'll remove MiniAVC, when planned changes will be done.

Edited by maja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New update

0.14.6
Fixes

  • Some nullrefs and indexes out of range were fixed
  • Fixed max speed check for Making History expansion foldable wheels (typo in the name of wheels)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, maja said:

@Jognt Ok, I managed to replicate it. Null refs and indexes out of range after decouplig are fixed. Max speed check for Making History foldable wheels too. If you think, that other wheels have wrong max speed, then I need their names to check it.

Null ref upon starting the game is some problem with your installation. If you can, move the whole KSP folder to another location than disk C. Something is preventing access to miniavc.xml. Or you can ignore it. I'll remove MiniAVC, when planned changes will be done.

Cheers! Thanks a bunch!

Regarding the other wheels: Can you confirm for me if the max BV speed should be equal to the listed max speed of the wheel parts? (No multipliers or something)

Regarding the new game error: I'm not sure were talking about the same error, the installation I tested on was a fresh KSP instance from the GoG download, though it was still on the same disk. The error I referred to is this one:

Exception handling event onNewGameLevelLoadRequestWasSanctionedAndActioned in class BonVoyage:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at BonVoyage.BonVoyage.OnLevelWasLoaded (GameScenes scene) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[GameScenes].Fire (GameScenes data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at BonVoyage.BonVoyage.OnLevelWasLoaded (GameScenes scene) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[GameScenes].Fire (GameScenes data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
EventData`1:Fire(GameScenes)
<FireLoadedEvent>c__Iterator1:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)
 
(Filename:  Line: -1)

Which has the following just before it in the previously linked log:

OnLevelWasLoaded was found on BonVoyage
This message has been deprecated and will be removed in a later version of Unity.
Add a delegate to SceneManager.sceneLoaded instead to get notifications after scene loading has completed
 
(Filename:  Line: 380)

Script error: OnLevelWasLoaded
This message parameter has to be of type: int
The message will be ignored.

I doubt it's a huge deal as it only pops up when starting a new save, the first time the SPACECENTER scene gets loaded and it doesn't come back after that.

Let me know if you're referring to the same error but can't repro it. One detail: KSP is blocked from accessing the internet on my PC, not sure if that'd impact it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jognt Found it. It seems, that BV isn't fully initialized for the first time in the new game. I'll push an update later.

Base max speed is, for the sake of simplicity, computed as an average from sum of wheelSpeedMax values of wheel parts, which has motor online. In the case, that you have different wheels on your rover, than it can be off, but for the most cases is this simplification ok. One exception from this are small wheels from the base game and MH pack, which hasn't max speed defined in the cfg, so there is the override to 42 m/s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, maja said:

@Jognt Found it. It seems, that BV isn't fully initialized for the first time in the new game. I'll push an update later.

Base max speed is, for the sake of simplicity, computed as an average from sum of wheelSpeedMax values of wheel parts, which has motor online. In the case, that you have different wheels on your rover, than it can be off, but for the most cases is this simplification ok. One exception from this are small wheels from the base game and MH pack, which hasn't max speed defined in the cfg, so there is the override to 42 m/s.

Just tested the latest version. The NullRefs during the 'freak out' is gone, but the control panel itself still freaks out. I also got the controller window to do its 'offset dance' again where it moves each time you summon it, eventually going off screen. I'll see if I can get a solid repro method down (since I didn't get that offscreen dance the previous time) or if I can just record it so you can maybe decypher it.

I also checked the wheels and their speeds:
The first tiny wheels are listed as 12m/s max. BV lists them as 11m/s.
The MH wheels: 25m/s part, 42m/s BV. (instead of the previous 120m/s)
The old munrover wheels (inflatable ones): 34m/s part, 42m/s BV.
The 'car' tires: 58m/s part, 59 BV.
The HUGE construction wheels: 15.5m/s part, 14m/s BV.

It's.. wonky.. I'll do some more digging and testing on a new new fresh install (just to be sure) and I will keep you posted.
 

Edited by Jognt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
vMax - Part vs Bon Voyage
Wheel Part vMax (m/s) BonVoyage vMax (m/s)
roverWheelS2.cfg 12 11
RoverWheel.cfg (MH) 25 42
roverWheelM1.cfg 34 42
roverWheelTR-2L.cfg 58 59
roverWheelXL3.cfg 15,5 14

 

 

 

 

 

About the bug; I've recorded and uploaded it. Timestamps:
1:16 - New Game nullref
4:55 - Spawning the KerbRover Centipede
5:07 - Control Panel decides to GTFO
5:35 - "Bon Voyage Control Panel" button not working (though it may be popping up off-screen due to 30 seconds earlier)
5:40 - Errors and duplicated Controller entries in the Bon Voyage main window after Reload Controllers

The rest is faffing about and not being productive.

Here are all the files I can possibly get you:
Outputlog: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ndkoksvz3s96tdd/BVoutput_log2.zip?dl=0
KSP log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/z36gcs3ccrdilx7/BVKSPlog.zip?dl=0
Craft used in video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ic6v4hehvabhby7/BV58m_s.zip?dl=0
BV config file after Control Panel ran off: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jc9q9rtxuqwd0bu/BVconfig.zip?dl=0

 

5 hours ago, maja said:

@Jognt Found it. It seems, that BV isn't fully initialized for the first time in the new game. I'll push an update later.

Base max speed is, for the sake of simplicity, computed as an average from sum of wheelSpeedMax values of wheel parts, which has motor online. In the case, that you have different wheels on your rover, than it can be off, but for the most cases is this simplification ok. One exception from this are small wheels from the base game and MH pack, which hasn't max speed defined in the cfg, so there is the override to 42 m/s.

I got the speeds listed above from the respective part's torqueCurve. You can extract these speeds by targeting MODULE[ModuleWheelMotor*] and going for key[0] from torqueCurve/key,-1.
That's always going to be more accurate than wheelSpeedMax (no idea why they added it, and only to SOME parts tbh). The massive wheels have the curve in ModuleWheelMotorSteering as they have no ModuleWheelMotor, hence targeting ModuleWheelMotor*

Whelp, that's about all the detective work I'm doing today. Hope it's helpful.

Edited by Jognt
Forgot link to video.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Jognt said:
vMax - Part vs Bon Voyage
Wheel Part vMax (m/s) BonVoyage vMax (m/s)
roverWheelS2.cfg 12 11
RoverWheel.cfg (MH) 25 42
roverWheelM1.cfg 34 42
roverWheelTR-2L.cfg 58 59
roverWheelXL3.cfg 15,5 14

 

 

 

 

 

About the bug; I've recorded and uploaded it. Timestamps:
1:16 - New Game nullref
4:55 - Spawning the KerbRover Centipede
5:07 - Control Panel decides to GTFO
5:35 - "Bon Voyage Control Panel" button not working (though it may be popping up off-screen due to 30 seconds earlier)
5:40 - Errors and duplicated Controller entries in the Bon Voyage main window after Reload Controllers

As I wrote, new game null ref is fixed in the future version.

Control panel is shy. I'll drag it back, if I find why is that :D

Errors and duplicate entries after reload after separation are a system thing. You need to leave a scene to force the game to save protovessels and then reload them properly. There is just something after separation, which persist BV modules on wrong craft. If the game is feeding wrong data to BV, I can't do a thing with it. BTW, it's better to leave just one BV module online. There is failsafe, where only the first BV module is loaded, but it seems not working as expected in this case... because I forgot a break :/:cool:

Edited by maja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, maja said:

As I wrote, new game null ref is fixed in the future version.

Control panel is shy. I'll drag it back, if I find why is that :D

Errors and duplicate entries after reload after separation are a system thing. You need to leave a scene to force the game to save protovessels and then reload them properly. There is just something after separation, which persist BV modules on wrong craft. If the game is feeding wrong data to BV, I can't do a thing with it. BTW, it's better to leave just one BV module online. There is failsafe, where only the first BV module is loaded, but it seems not working as expected in this case... because I forgot a break :/:cool:

Ah cheers. I'll try switching scenes next time it acts up. If you can't easily find why the Control Panel is shy, it's probably easiest to just reset the Control Panel position when the user presses that R for resetting controllers.

I think Bon Voyage will be all set for Bon Voyage-ing! Any plans to switch to the torqueCurve speeds or is that not a "easy to do" thing?

By the way, is it possible to set BV controllers to Disabled by default and/or hide the Rotation PAW entry?

Edited by Jognt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(I hope, that's all for now :D)

 

0.14.7
Fixes

  • Fixed null ref for the new game
  • Fixed loading of controllers into the main window
  • Fixed issue with control window moving out of screen
  • Max speed of stock wheels (including Making History wheels) is reported properly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, danielboro said:

jumping to a new rover even wen speed was >0 is fixed :(

What? :confused:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, maja said:

(I hope, that's all for now :D)

 

0.14.7
Fixes

  • Fixed null ref for the new game
  • Fixed loading of controllers into the main window
  • Fixed issue with control window moving out of screen
  • Max speed of stock wheels (including Making History wheels) is reported properly

Cheers! You're an absolute legend!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, maja said:

What? :confused:

in the last version i could use BV to go to a rover even if the active rover was moving.

it was risky, if the active rover was not on the ground  it was deleted and i had to F9. but after the first time i did that i looked on the H speed of the rover to only go if it was <0.01.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@danielboro nothing changed in that regard. Switching is handled by stock functions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, maja said:

@danielboro nothing changed in that regard. Switching is handled by stock functions.

interesting

thats the second time a noting have changed in the code but BV behavior  changed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once again, it's stock behaviour. If the game allowed you to switch away from a moving vessel to another scene, then it still wasn't BV doing. That button function just tells the game, that you want to switch to the specific vessel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it was only possible to do that using the BV control panel

using map view or "[" didn't work.

ill try to install the old version to see if its consistent 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi there. I just got BV and seem to be having an issue that was apparently an issue a while ago and I think fixed. If I send a rover near the ksc it is ok when I switch to it but if i send it anywhere with any elevation difference when I switch to it my rover will be under the terrain. I tried anagin and sent the rover just to the very edge of the highlands just to the direct west of the ksc and when i siwtched it was indeed underneath the floor again. As you can imagine it makes sending them out slightly more dangerous than the normal kerbal expeditions ;~)

Edited by P3G4SuSuOuT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@P3G4SuSuOuT I tried it and it worked as intended. So what about some more info? Logs, BV and game versions and information about installed mods?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@maja

i reverted to 0.14.3 and the ability is back

i re installed 0.14.7 and i can still  jump wily driving

nice :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/11/2019 at 6:58 PM, maja said:

@P3G4SuSuOuT I tried it and it worked as intended. So what about some more info? Logs, BV and game versions and information about installed mods?

Friend of mine just told me his rovers are also under the terrain (and subsequently explode) with BV now. I told him to get a screenshot/log/etc, and I’ll try and get him to post it here. 

Edit: Needless to say that that was a pointless endeavor :D

Edited by Jognt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@maja I have a rover on the Mun running with a combination of fuel cells and solar panels.  BV shuts down and get a messages that [rover name] stopped. Not enough Fuel. The shut downs seem to be triggered by warping but only when the rover is in the dark running on fuel cells. If the solar panels have sunlight I don't have any problems. It's currently at 70% fuel, but I first noticed messages when it was nearly full.

KSP 1.7.2 with BG and 100+ mods. I looked in the logs and I didn't see any errors related to BV. Really no messages from BV after the game loads.

 

Edited by Tonka Crash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.