[KSP 1.12.3] Bon Voyage (1.4.1) - 2022-10-02

maja

BonVoyage update

Changes

• Kerbalism compatibility
  • Critter Crawler compatibility
  • Added the option to show biome info in the map view on or off. Off by default.
  •  KSP 1.9.1 compatibility

Fixes

• Fixed wrong check of output EC ratio of fuel cells

You can find it on usual places - github and spacedock

Pathfinding still needs a little bit of work. It's a lot faster then the old algorithm, but it sometimes can't find a way even when the old one can, so I pushed the updated without it. Finetuning of the search criteria can take some time and I don't want to delay it anymore.

@maja Would it be easily possible to extend this so you could use this for Kerbals on EVA?

I found myself in a Situation where Bob needed to hike ~5km on the Surface of Mun because he ran out of EVA-Propellant and while Wwwwwwwww does help it is hardly ideal as the Kerbal has to be selected the whole time, so an approach like this seem much more convenient

1 hour ago, Crossman said:

@maja Would it be easily possible to extend this so you could use this for Kerbals on EVA?

I found myself in a Situation where Bob needed to hike ~5km on the Surface of Mun because he ran out of EVA-Propellant and while Wwwwwwwww does help it is hardly ideal as the Kerbal has to be selected the whole time, so an approach like this seem much more convenient

Maybe. I will think about it.

BonVoyage update

1.1.1 (for KSP 1.9.1) and (1.2.0 for KSP 1.10.1) - New path

Changes

• Pathfinder optimization - it's quicker :)
  • New configuration value for pathfinding timeout was added. Default value is 10 seconds. You can change it in config.xml of BonVoyage by changing the value on this line:
    <double name="pathfinderTimer">10</double>

You can find it on usual places:

KSP 1.9.1: github and spacedock

KSP 1.10.1: github and spacedock

Edited by maja

6 hours ago, maja said:

BonVoyage update

1.1.1 (for KSP 1.9.1) and (1.2.0 for KSP 1.10.1) - New path

Changes

• Pathfinder optimization - it's quicker :)
  • New configuration value for pathfinding timeout was added. Default value is 10 seconds. You can change it in config.xml of BonVoyage by changing the value on this line:

<double name="pathfinderTimer">10</double>

You can find it on usual places:

KSP 1.9.1: github and spacedock

KSP 1.10.1: github and spacedock

Thanks a bunch!

2 hours ago, Kepler452b said:

Em... Does KSP 1.8.1 support versions over 1.0.1.1?

No. I usually do not make new BV versions compatible with older KSP versions. The last update is the exception from this rule, because it took me so long to release an update for KSP 1.9.1, that KSP 1.10 has been meanwhile release. I think, that it's safe to update your version of KSP (and mods) to 1.9.1. I expect all active mods to be compatible with KSP 1.9.1 by this time.

Edited by maja

On 5/30/2020 at 6:38 AM, HippieGold said:

So, I'm pretty sure this mod doesn't support Near Future technologies or MKS anymore. I tested a rover with Near Future Solar solar panels and the mod didn't register them. Did the same with stock solar panels and it worked just fine. Same goes for MKS reactors. IS there a way to make these mods compatible again?

Just to wrap it up. BonVoyage is compatible with all mods listed in the OP and wiki pages on github.

On 8/11/2020 at 8:30 AM, Crossman said:

It will be in the next version. Just don't expect, that Kerbals will be fast. Average speed depends on the celestial body. On Kerbin it is 0.5 m/s2.

Edited by maja

@maja I have a problem. Whenever I try to send a rover to a ship selected as target, the rover will spawn in clipped inside the target, causing RUD. Could the next version maybe drop those craft 5m away from target? It might be a problem with my craft design, but it should be an easy fix.

screenshot10.png

On 8/23/2020 at 6:30 AM, Clamp-o-Tron said:

@maja I have a problem. Whenever I try to send a rover to a ship selected as target, the rover will spawn in clipped inside the target, causing RUD. Could the next version maybe drop those craft 5m away from target? It might be a problem with my craft design, but it should be an easy fix.

unless maja changes his mind that's the correct behavior .

manually set the target a litael off

9 hours ago, danielboro said:

unless maja changes his mind that's the correct behavior .

manually set the target a litael off

The problem is that on upscaled worlds, even JNSQ, a reasonable driving distance is the span of a few pixels in map view. Although I completely understand if this isn’t fixed, it’s not really a big problem.

@Clamp-o-Tron @danielboro I will not change my mind in this case, because you can easily edit latitude and longitude of a target and targeting a vessel is only one of four targeting modes. That's not enough to change it for all of them and I'm against to much exceptions, because they complicate the maintenance.

Edited by maja

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/10/2020 at 8:43 PM, maja said:

BonVoyage update

Changes

• Kerbalism compatibility
  • Critter Crawler compatibility
  • Added the option to show biome info in the map view on or off. Off by default.
  •  KSP 1.9.1 compatibility

Hello,

I like BonVoyage very much, it's always one of the first mods I install. :wink:

And now I was trying RP-1 (with RO and RSS) for the first time and wanted to install BonVoyage.

But RP-1 uses Kerbalism and is stuck on KSP 1.8.1.

So now I don't know, if I have to install the 1.0.1 Version (for KSP 1.8.1) or a newer Version (>1.1.0) for the Kerbalism compatibility.

Did someone test this?

16 hours ago, N3N said:

Hello,

I like BonVoyage very much, it's always one of the first mods I install. :wink:

And now I was trying RP-1 (with RO and RSS) for the first time and wanted to install BonVoyage.

But RP-1 uses Kerbalism and is stuck on KSP 1.8.1.

So now I don't know, if I have to install the 1.0.1 Version (for KSP 1.8.1) or a newer Version (>1.1.0) for the Kerbalism compatibility.

Did someone test this?

Versions 1.1+ are build against libraries shipped with KSP 1.9.1, but there is a possibility, that it will be working in KSP 1.8.1. Be brave and test it :)

Edited by maja

11 hours ago, maja said:

Versions 1.1+ are build against libraries shipped with KSP 1.9.1, but there is a possibility, that it will be working in KSP 1.8.1. Be brave and test it :)

Hello @maja,

Is there a fast way to test it?

Or what exactly should I look for to be sure it works as intended?

1 hour ago, N3N said:

Hello @maja,

Is there a fast way to test it?

Or what exactly should I look for to be sure it works as intended?

The best way is to make a copy of your game just for the test, install BV and then try it. You will see if it's working or not.

Is it intended that a rover with insufficient power generation to drive continuously (but plenty of battery) stops immediately on scene change?
The "Insufficient power, average speed reduced by x%" message in the control panel suggests that the average speed will be, well, simply reduced. As in, not zero. Yet I get a message stating the vehicle has stopped, and the controller shows as "idle" as soon as I switch away from it...

53 minutes ago, steve_v said:

Is it intended that a rover with insufficient power generation to drive continuously (but plenty of battery) stops immediately on scene change?
The "Insufficient power, average speed reduced by x%" message in the control panel suggests that the average speed will be, well, simply reduced. As in, not zero. Yet I get a message stating the vehicle has stopped, and the controller shows as "idle" as soon as I switch away from it...

Is it possible, that you have more parts with BV module on the rover? If yes, shutdown all but one. If no, than I need to see, what's going on.

31 minutes ago, maja said:

Is it possible, that you have more parts with BV module on the rover?

Pretty sure it's just the included BV controller part, the probe core is an octo, and I haven't patched it for BV nor does it show in it's PAW.
On closer inspection, I see:

[LOG 06:15:19.114] [HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From FLIGHT to FLIGHT =====================
[LOG 06:15:19.127] Camera Mode: CHASE
[LOG 06:15:19.128] [ApplicationLauncher] SetVisible: 
[LOG 06:15:19.132] ScaleModList: listSize 410 maxListSize 573
[EXC 06:15:19.146] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	BonVoyage.RoverController.Update (System.Double currentTime) (at <32eb7dad6e444dd78672072e1a996b3c>:0)
	BonVoyage.BonVoyage.Update () (at <32eb7dad6e444dd78672072e1a996b3c>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
[LOG 06:15:19.300] -INFO- Tac.LifeSupportController[FF847CA2][20014.08]: OnDestroy

So something is borking.
Full log here.

10 hours ago, steve_v said:

Pretty sure it's just the included BV controller part, the probe core is an octo, and I haven't patched it for BV nor does it show in it's PAW.

<snip>

So something is borking.
Full log here.

First of all, you don't need the patch zzzz_local/BonVoyage_Rovemate.cfg anymore, because RoveMate is patched by BonVoyage.

About the exception. If there isn't another active BonVoyage module on your rover, then only way how to find what's going on is to try it in a clean installation. If it works, then add mods to find out if there is some incompatibility. You probably know the drill :)

Btw, you can have more parts with BonVoyage module on one vessel, but you need them to shutdown and leave online only one of them. My philosophy is: "Let users be responsible for what they do".

2 minutes ago, maja said:

RoveMate is patched by BonVoyage

Excellent. Makes an otherwise pretty crappy probe core useful.

3 minutes ago, maja said:

You probably know the drill

I do, though I was kinda hoping you'd get enough from the log to avoid all that. I'm not running any mods I haven't successfully with BV before, but if that's what it takes then that's what it takes.

46 minutes ago, steve_v said:

I do, though I was kinda hoping you'd get enough from the log to avoid all that. I'm not running any mods I haven't successfully with BV before, but if that's what it takes then that's what it takes.

I can identify the function where it crashes, but I need more information. If you manage to replicate it in a clean install, then it will be easier.