TriggeredSnake

[1.X.X] Old Parts Redux - For all your nostalgic needs!

Recommended Posts

This mod reimpliments the old parts. For all your Nostalgic needs! The mod used to use multiple configs, but now it simply combines all the parts into one folder and restores the old versions of every removed or modified part. Currently parts from 0.13.3 are restored, and everything nerfed/changed in 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, and 1.6 has a classic version too! Version 0.7.3 and below of the mod have two configs, one reimpliments the old parts from 0.13.3, with some minor balance changes, and the other reimpliments the 1.3.1 parts which were replaced, modified, nerfed or removed in 1.4. To install, just choose which config you want, and extract that config's .zip file into your GameData directory.

EDIT: Should now be compatible with AVC!

Download on Spacedock.

EDIT EDIT: Proof for reddit

Edited by TriggeredSnake
Changed title, updated description.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI, CKAN can't handle the ZIP-within-a-ZIP structure that this mod has in the latest update, so the latest version of this mod that's indexed is 6.4. If you're able to choose which of the sub-ZIPs is the "better" version, I'd suggest simplifying the download by releasing only that file.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, blspblackdeath said:

Well, there is another mod for that. Cough cough.

I do know about your mod, but as you will notice if you installed my mod, we implement the parts differently. Your mod adds them with different names and descriptions, I use the original description and add ‘Classic’ to the part name. I personally prefer my method, hence why I made my own mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your .version file is badly formed and has incorrect data:

{
    "NAME":"Old Parts Redux Alpha",
    "URL":"https://spacedock.info/mod/1744/Old%20Parts%20Redux",
    "DOWNLOAD":"https://spacedock.info/mod/1744/Old%20Parts%20Redux/download/0.6.3",
    },
    "VERSION":
    {
        "MAJOR":1,
        "MINOR":0,
        "PATCH":0,
        "BUILD":0
    },

You have a closing brace where it doesn't belong. 

And the URL needs to return a valid .version file, what you have is returning the spacedock page

This is causing the KSP-AVC to get errors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2018 at 8:32 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Your .version file is badly formed and has incorrect data:


{
    "NAME":"Old Parts Redux Alpha",
    "URL":"https://spacedock.info/mod/1744/Old%20Parts%20Redux",
    "DOWNLOAD":"https://spacedock.info/mod/1744/Old%20Parts%20Redux/download/0.6.3",
    },
    "VERSION":
    {
        "MAJOR":1,
        "MINOR":0,
        "PATCH":0,
        "BUILD":0
    },

You have a closing brace where it doesn't belong. 

And the URL needs to return a valid .version file, what you have is returning the spacedock page

This is causing the KSP-AVC to get errors

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I completely overlooked that when I coded this. The corrected version should be up on Spacedock. However, I don't know what you mean with the URL thing, can you tell me how to fix it? Also, I love your mods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, TriggeredSnake said:

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I completely overlooked that when I coded this. The corrected version should be up on Spacedock. However, I don't know what you mean with the URL thing, can you tell me how to fix it? Also, I love your mods.

The URL should, when pasted into a browser, return the current .version file.  Many people use the ksp-avc web site, many others, including myself, have the source at Github and reference the file there directly.

Worst case, just leave it, all it means is that AVC will not be able to check for newer versions of the mod

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

The URL should, when pasted into a browser, return the current .version file.  Many people use the ksp-avc web site, many others, including myself, have the source at Github and reference the file there directly.

Worst case, just leave it, all it means is that AVC will not be able to check for newer versions of the mod

As I still don't know how to fix it I'm probably gonna have to leave it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2018 at 10:43 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

The URL should, when pasted into a browser, return the current .version file.  Many people use the ksp-avc web site, many others, including myself, have the source at Github and reference the file there directly.

Worst case, just leave it, all it means is that AVC will not be able to check for newer versions of the mod

I think the issue is fixed now. Hopefully AVC will work with version 0.7.3 and onwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it updated with all of the other retired textures for 1.6?

Please say yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2018 at 5:31 PM, Hojoz said:

Is it updated with all of the other retired textures for 1.6?

Please say yes

No, 'fraid not. I'm about to try 1.6 for the first time. Do you know where I can find a list of the parts changed so I can update the mod?

On 3/16/2018 at 10:21 PM, blspblackdeath said:

Well, there is another mod for that. Cough cough.

Also my mod is updated to 1.6. What happened to KHI? It's like 2 versions out of date. Am I now the dominant Old Part restorer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, TriggeredSnake said:

Do you know where I can find a list of the parts changed so I can update the mod?

No, not sure at least. My best guess would be the KSP changelog on their website, or wherever that's found. I do know that they changed the Mk2 lander can and Poodle though (Because of backlash) 

44 minutes ago, TriggeredSnake said:

Am I now the dominant Old Part restorer?

There are others? I just went looking for a parts restorer mod an the first Kottabos video I found was about your mod. That said, I have thought about copypasting the 1.4.5 folders and renaming the parts. Although it's probably not that easy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Hojoz said:

No, not sure at least. My best guess would be the KSP changelog on their website, or wherever that's found. I do know that they changed the Mk2 lander can and Poodle though (Because of backlash) 

There are others? I just went looking for a parts restorer mod an the first Kottabos video I found was about your mod. That said, I have thought about copypasting the 1.4.5 folders and renaming the parts. Although it's probably not that easy. 

Sorry, the second bit was directed to someone else who shamelessly plugged his classic part restorer a while ago, (his mod is only for 1.4.3, so probably abandoned.) but the forums combined my replies. But thanks for telling me about that Kottabos video, I had no idea a huge Youtuber had covered my mod! That's incredible! (Also yes copying the folders is exactly how I do it, and yes it takes a while.)

Thanks for the advice about finding the parts, I'll have a look tonight or tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Version 0.8.2 of OldPartsRedux, bringing several bugfixes, a new part, and improved tech tree integration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pre-1.4 fairing textures anyone?

Pre-1.1 Mk2 Inline Cockpit anyone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2019 at 3:42 PM, Gapone said:

Pre-1.4 fairing textures anyone?

Pre-1.1 Mk2 Inline Cockpit anyone?

I’ll be adding the faring in future, and I what changed with the Mk2 Inline in 1.1? I know it got a redesign in 1.0.5; the pre-1.0.5 version and the pre-0.25 version are currently in OldPartsRedux.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TriggeredSnake said:

what changed with the Mk2 Inline in 1.1?

Here's a plane using Mk2 Inline in 1.0.5:

MRL6u67.png

And here's a thing using Mk2 Inline in 1.1:

ac085c8550f724ec80ce090fd515431f.jpg

See the diffirence?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gapone said:

Here's a plane using Mk2 Inline in 1.0.5:

MRL6u67.png

And here's a thing using Mk2 Inline in 1.1:

ac085c8550f724ec80ce090fd515431f.jpg

See the diffirence?

Oh crap that Mk2 Inline. Sorry, back in the old days the Mk2 Inline meant what is now the Mk1 Inline. Sorry.

But yeah, that has changed. I’ll work on adding it next update. Also, OldPartsRedux does revert the Twin-nozzled Poodle, so don’t worry, you don’t have to kill yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TriggeredSnake said:

OldPartsRedux does revert the Twin-nozzled Poodle, so don’t worry, you don’t have to kill yourself

I've removed it from the game by myself some time after i got the 1.6 :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gapone said:

I've removed it from the game by myself some time after i got the 1.6 :)

Don’t blame you. I added the old version to OldPartsRedux the same day I started playing 1.6 and tried to get it out as soon as possible. That’s the main reason version 0.8.1 came out without any bug fixes, I wanted to save everyone from Squad’s latest terrible decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now