KSP Weekly: A Brief History about Stephen

SQUAD

1 hour ago, Li0n said:

There's two band programmed at that time : Amanda White Band and The James Rocket. How to guess which one is yours ? :cool:

https://www.lilypadinman.com/home/2018/4/14/amanda-white-band-the-james-rocket

James Rocket is us - fun trivia, our first album has an R7 on the cover :wink:  Tho I had no part of that since I'm the second bassist and joined in after that album was released.  We're also apparently super popular in Rock Band (Paper Valentines and Shiny Dark Bar are both available in Rock Band apparently...)

7 hours ago, Wilhelm Kerman said:

In a thread for Stephen Hawking you just HAVE to bring up that? Jeez...

The KSP Weekly threads were never about the real-world anecdotes, they were intended as an outlet for the dev team to talk to the players and KSP community.  This has been the case since the game was in early alpha states of development.  The addition of the real-world notes, comparisons and historic references has been a relatively recent addition when compared to the ~5 years of development notes and KSP Weekly updates.

The tradition of naming the KSP Weekly (ie "A Brief History about Stephen") is also not new, it's been happening since the first official KSP Weekly (at the time it was called Devnote Tuesdays) and was called Devnote Tuesday: The Leftover Candy Edition.  It wasn't meant to indicate the main topic of the post, it's simply a reference to a key event that happened that past week (sometimes even something funny at the Squad office).

Edited by Raptor9
typo

I played with the mission builder today, and among many features there's one very significant that it doesn't have: ability to merge/stitch separate missions together into a big campaign. Each mission is just like the former tutorial missions, you complete it - you're done, there's no reason to continue. It is very hard to work on a project with hundreds of nodes, not talking about thousands, no easy way to navigate between different stages and even arrow keys don't work, one can use only his mouse. I imagined the Making History expansion as a full fledged story builder in which one could make a complete story with events, options to choose different paths, advanced dialogues with in-game characters (instead of only reading their blurps) etc.

16 hours ago, Macky03 said:

And we continue to work on fixes for the Enhanced Edition on consoles as well.

Awesome! So we've gone from nothing in the weekly to one sentence! We console plebes are really moving up in the world!

Its great to hear from the team! Special thanks to TriggerAu for an extra-credit write up about vessel naming feature enhancements. Love reading this stuff. More? Other volunteers? Pretty please? :) 

Another great trailer, I don't recall it being hinted about in previous weeklies. More! Longer! Encore! hehe.  I also liked the "loud and clear" trailer, which implied that something bad was about to happen, but the punch line... doesn't come at the expense of the characters.   Congrats to the cinematic team! :)   

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.