JacobJHC

The Ultimate Jool 5 Challenge Continuation for 1.4/ Making History

The primitive Jool 5 started here, continues with Tylo and Laythe missions. To maximize science collected while obeying the Kerpollo challenge restrictions, the crafts launch into polar orbits, allowing collection of EVA reports from above every biome.

Jeb lands on Tylo in a craft with no ladders, no landing legs, a single Reliant and the bare minimum of snacks.

• Descent begins at 1:20
  • Creative substitute for ladder at 4:00

Valentina visits Laythe with a minimalist craft propelled only by a single Swivel.

• Descent begins at 1:30
  • Practical application of science at 3:00
Edited by ManEatingApe
  • Like 1

Dear @ManEatingApe

You really appear to be great at low tech stuff, probably the best, so good luck for your mission, bet Jacob will love it. (i guess)

I've started another Jool-5 mission, this time its going to be heavily modded.

Oh...LOL, yet who cares, as long as it's cool. :)

On 2/15/2019 at 9:57 AM, dvader said:

Oh really? The developers actually cared enough to add a flag counter to every Kerbal so they can only carry 1 flag? That is developing time well spent :)

You know as well as I do that if they hadn't, people would be raging about how cheaty it is that they have infinite flags. ;)

Though the developer you want to be annoyed at is probably HarvesteR, as that feature has been in the game - as far as I can recall - since before I got it in 0.22

2 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

You know as well as I do that if they hadn't, people would be raging about how cheaty it is that they have infinite flags. ;)

Though the developer you want to be annoyed at is probably HarvesteR, as that feature has been in the game - as far as I can recall - since before I got it in 0.22

Oh, that explains it. They added it back when the developers were young, idealistic and thought they had all the time in the world to implement the perfect game :).

It is funny that people would probably complain more about infinite flags (the weight!!!) than about Kerbals surviving for years in cold space without food or water.

1 hour ago, dvader said:

Oh, that explains it. They added it back when the developers were young, idealistic and thought they had all the time in the world to implement the perfect game :).

It is funny that people would probably complain more about infinite flags (the weight!!!) than about Kerbals surviving for years in cold space without food or water.

Kerbals got Chlorophyll glands (?) So that they can survive for long time with no food and water, and maybe capable to store resources in their body.