The Ultimate Jool 5 Challenge Continued

Okay I'm not dead but I've only made it to Laythe so far.  At this rate, I'll be done by April! (joking of course, but it will definitely be after Christmas)

I had to give the ship some nukes for the Tylo transfers and a redesigned tail for better aero stability, compared to the previous picture I posted.

Here are some pictures:  https://imgur.com/a/fBd4Wp8

By the way, the Jool 5 mission I was almost done with and hinted at awhile back has been indefinitely postponed because I brought an old, unfinished version of one of the landers, so I need to refly the whole thing.  Very frustrating due to the huge number of gravity assists...  The sad thing is the working lander is actually a few kilograms lighter, so the whole thing should have worked.

Edited by EvermoreAlpaca

are naked seats allowed, because i might use that for my mission, if my pc cant take it (my Eve rocket already push my pc near its limit :(), the orders are Tylo-Laythe-Vall-Bop-Pol, but it could also be Pol-Bop-Vall-Laythe-Tylo (that if i use naked seat)

Screw that message i made, finally an advantage, the tracks will be 

Pol-Bop-Vall-Laythe-Tylo

here's the advantage https://imgur.com/a/I7cl9M9

Spoiler

The craft is called "Millenia", no idea how i got that name, it will hopefully do the whole thing without orbital rendezvous and ISRU

Edited by GRS
just adding spoiler

On 12/4/2018 at 4:49 AM, GRS said:

are naked seats allowed, because i might use that for my mission, if my pc cant take it (my Eve rocket already push my pc near its limit :(), the orders are Tylo-Laythe-Vall-Bop-Pol, but it could also be Pol-Bop-Vall-Laythe-Tylo (that if i use naked seat)

If you want to not be in the gate crashers category you can only use the chairs inside the Jool system, for interplanetary travel, a capsule or cabin of some kind must be used.

K, thanks (even though i'm not gonna use it, sort of, depending on Laythe stages), at least i have a vision that it will REALLY being done, sooner or "Laythe"r

Edited by GRS
writing mistake

Also for @EvermoreAlpaca, or should i say Bradley Whistance (correct me if i'm wrong), you can evade the rules by carying a pod, that will be disposed in Joolar SOI, i have no idea of will service bays with inner command chair allowed, hey Jacob, is it fine ?

10 hours ago, GRS said:

Also for @EvermoreAlpaca, or should i say Bradley Whistance (correct me if i'm wrong), you can evade the rules by carying a pod, that will be disposed in Joolar SOI, i have no idea of will service bays with inner command chair allowed, hey Jacob, is it fine ?

There is a Mixed Challenges Category now for that, read the last few pages of the thread.

I'm literally like you, many pending landings, have to resurrect those landings i did in 1.0.5 and a 200 Kerman mission to Dres, but soon i will be having a temporary freedom (School Vacation), and you better use your Dres awareness badge, i know you're a pro :)

Edited by GRS

Landing on a certain body without taking the ship LOL, i did that to Pol, that Kerbal mark in my ribbons is the Extreme EVA Landing, the one in Bottom Right, you have to go EVA in the orbit and land the Kerbal using no more than EVA propellant, maybe get to the ship using no more than EVA propellant, which happened to me because my ship has no probe core

Edited by GRS

Alright everyone, sorry that i will do a hiatus for this challenge, i need to focus on other stuff like Eve, Gilly and Ike, and a 200 Kerman Dres landing to give it some love.

Current progress here.

and a flag for the mission (sorry if it sucks)

F8xXTlE.png

18 hours ago, Xurkitree said:

I completed another Jool-5 in my 2nd attempt at a Grand Tour!

I started a thread in Mission Reports to document this here.

Neat, just tell me when you complete the mission.

13 hours ago, GRS said:

F8xXTlE.png

This flag is epic.

5 hours ago, chargan said:

https://redd.it/90oygn

Does this count? Single stage using ISRU.

Congratulations @chargan on completing the Jool five mission on level 1! I liked the shuttle you used, and its VTOL capabilities. It's difficult to build an ISRU ship that can handle Tylo. I will be adding you to the leader-board now.

I'm back [-snip-] :cool:, no more big pending missions now, i'll be fully focusing on Millenia's development, and finishing the monster of "Centurion Rockets" series, target mass : OVER 9000 tons. (The "Second Fiddle" (200 Kerman Dres) is done with a disappointing 2 tons gap with the third fiddle (Eve no docking and NERVA))

Edited by Starhawk
redacted by moderator