about the launchpads and runways...

well, looking on some threads here about the new launchpad(woomerang) placed too north unlike in the real life (even tho i haven't tried 1.4.1), i have a suggestion here

how about we move the old model KSC along with the Woomerang to somewhere more south, and add another space center with same buildings as KSC with different layout, different launchpad, longer crawlerway, removing the SPH and runway, placed somewhere in the north of the desert and naming it Baikerbanur (changing the old Baikerbanur too)
maybe someone here had more ideas?

Edited by [INDO]dimas_1502

2 hours ago, Darkstar616 said:

Woomerang is based on Woomera in Australia (hence Woomera + boomerang = Woomerang), not Baikonur.

vgs2x.jpg

i know it, that's why i said "placed too north"
the baikonur pic is for the baikerbanur that's already included as an easteregg

• 4 weeks later...

they already said they wanted to keep baikerbinaur as an easter egg and not make it functional.  Woomerang is intentionally located at 45 degrees north to help with highly inclined orbits, I suppose it could just as easily be at 45 south, but it's fine where it is.  I would just like them to do something to clear the terrain scatter around the pad though, those trees tend to really slow down my system during a launch.  I like the proposed location of the new Dessert launch site, I hope it has a super long runway like at Edwards AFB.

1 hour ago, Capt. Hunt said:

I like the proposed location of the new Dessert launch site, I hope it has a super long runway like at Edwards AFB.

Minor issue with the super long runway thingy. Kerbin is "tiny" and the current runways are already obliviously sticking far out of the ground. 

I mean i suppose they could stick it in sort of a valley but.. actually no thats a good idea.

12 hours ago, Capt. Hunt said:

I like the proposed location of the new Dessert launch site, I hope it has a super long runway like at Edwards AFB.

And a completely flat lakebed, in case you miss the runway.

8 hours ago, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

no use if they can't be controlled

You don't have to control it to take off from it?

Who said you would be landing supersonic planes on it? By that logic we should have never gotten the island runway. It's waaaaay too short for that kind of stuff. Besides, you could RATOL from/on one or even launch rockets vertically.

Having more launch/landing sites is better than having less. Sometimes you end up over the ocean (after reentry) and have to land somewhere. I'd rather try landing on a carrier in the middle of the ocean than in water. Keep in mind not everyone flies oversized SSTOs. Dream Chaser is a spacecraft too.

+Apollo CMs were recovered by aircraft carriers.

Edited by Wjolcz

3 hours ago, Wjolcz said:

You don't have to control it to take off from it?

Who said you would be landing supersonic planes on it? By that logic we should have never gotten the island runway. It's waaaaay too short for that kind of stuff. Besides, you could RATOL from/on one or even launch rockets vertically.

Having more launch/landing sites is better than having less. Sometimes you end up over the ocean (after reentry) and have to land somewhere. I'd rather try landing on a carrier in the middle of the ocean than in water. Keep in mind not everyone flies oversized SSTOs. Dream Chaser is a spacecraft too.

+Apollo CMs were recovered by aircraft carriers.

btw if u want carriers we have Eskandare's Carrier Vessel eXpansion and Aircraft Carrier Accessories

10 hours ago, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

btw if u want carriers we have Eskandare's Carrier Vessel eXpansion and Aircraft Carrier Accessories

Aren't these mods with boat parts? What I'm talking about are launch sites, not boats that you can control.

Edited by Wjolcz

PS4 Enhanced Edition.

I'd like to see the addition of a few more Launch sites and Runways.

Keep the exact same space centre model, just add a couple more launch and landing sites.

Without making any serious changes to the game, simply having a few more sites at level zero, that must be upgraded to be useful.

Perhaps money, reputation, and science must all be spent to unlock certain sites. Or reputation must stay above a certain amount or the site closes.

Game really doesn't have to have any functionality changed other than the ability to launch and land in other places. Keep the original KSC as the de-facto Gameplay operations site.

It just seriously feels icky to land an SR-71 in the trees.

It would be amazing to have more launch sites and change the way you start in career. You have to buy the ground stations in order to get better coverage and I think starting off at a high latitude space center would be cool, then gradually move down to the equator or all over the place you see fit. 

24 minutes ago, Not Sure said:

It would be amazing to have more launch sites and change the way you start in career. You have to buy the ground stations in order to get better coverage and I think starting off at a high latitude space center would be cool, then gradually move down to the equator or all over the place you see fit. 

Low latitude is easier for players who are just starting out. You can do Mun missions without worrying about inclination, for example.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.