LATE TO WORK(again!) - THE MISSION *updated to V1.1*

Story:

Jeb forgot his Key Card for the KSC (again!) and Gene is about to fire him!

Get Jeb's Key Card from the Island Runway and hurry back to the VAB Roof.

Summary:

- fly to the island runway

- land

- get out and pick up your Key card

- fly back to KSC

- parachute onto the VAB roof and run to the door

sounds easy? true but

HOW FAST CAN YOU DO IT?

Can you do it in less than 3 minutes?

DOWNLOAD v1.1: <HERE>

qZBO1Nw.png

CHANGELOG:

- you have to EVA and get close to CoolCat Kerman on the Island Runway now (getting close within a craft isn't enough anymore)

- Kerbal Recovery removed as endgoal

- parachute to VAB roof door as endgoal added

Edited by million_lights
Fixed download link

Finally did it under the 3min mark, despite Mission log counted return to ksp at 3min sharp and landing from jeb several seconds later, might be an issue but for my sake I say its fine. Mission worked pretty well for me, last night I had some trouble to get the card quite regular for reasons shown above in my spoiler. That wasnt the case today, not once so something strange might be going on there.

Those landings and the time pressure to get out and get the card were quite fun. Accidently landed on the hangar one time :) If you make another one I'll definitly play that!

• 2 weeks later...

This is one of my favorite missions of the ones I've had the chance to play, only thing I might add is that it seems you don't actually have to get out of your vehicle to retrieve the keycard, as soon as I hit 0m/s on the island runway it shows the dialogue and changes mission objective.

22 hours ago, RokkyRaccoon said:

This is one of my favorite missions of the ones I've had the chance to play, only thing I might add is that it seems you don't actually have to get out of your vehicle to retrieve the keycard, as soon as I hit 0m/s on the island runway it shows the dialogue and changes mission objective.

Did you play v1.1 ?

There is a node that should require Jeb to be 1 meter away from the other Kerbal.

weird.

6 hours ago, million_lights said:

Did you play v1.1 ?

There is a node that should require Jeb to be 1 meter away from the other Kerbal.

weird.

I think I figured out what it was, I was flying a Mk 2 cockpit when I first started which has space for 2 crew, the vessel requirements state "exactly 1 pilot" but CoolCat Kerman is a Scientist it seems, so he was actually flying the missions with me! I moved to a newer design with the inline mk 1 so that I could mount an engine on the front (have to be able to slow down from 1300m/s and land on the runway) and it started making me get out and run to CoolCat.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.