Making history not working

TK421d

wont work outside of the steam install directory.

so it has DRM.  which KSP itself doesnt.   what?!

dont buy it from steam if you play modded.  you cannot play or make missions, it opens your browser to the store page.  it also doesnt load the parts in the normal game modes.

3 hours ago, TK421d said:

wont work outside of the steam install directory.

so it has DRM.  which KSP itself doesnt.   what?!

dont buy it from steam if you play modded.  you cannot play or make missions, it opens your browser to the store page.  it also doesnt load the parts in the normal game modes.

I believe you that you're seeing some kind of problem, but your conclusions regarding the cause are incorrect.

I have the direct download version of MH running on Ubuntu Mate 16.04.3.  It works fine in ~/Downloads/KSP_Linux_1.4.1/ where I installed it.  Even works correctly with my career save, brought forward over the last few days from 1.3.0.

If you're having a problem with the Steam version of MH not working outside the Steam folder, you may need to look for a file that didn't get transferred or some similar issue.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.