Mission Builder - Tech Tree Enabler

mintme

Hey, i am wondering how to unlock all of the tech tree via mission builder as mechjeb is useless without some of the tech tree filled in. Using ".cfg" file in gamedata to enable it does not work. i can change the "persistant.cfg" in saves to open tech tree but the "persistant.mission.cfg" will not enable tech tree from the start. super annoying as mechjeb literally will not work.

not the best because some people are really gonna struggle with some missions and i want my missions to be more about understanding than struggling.

i hope the developers didnt do this on purpose and merely just a feature they will implement (soon). i.e unlock tech tree via a tab in mission builder so on launching the mission mechjeb will be good to go... seems simple.

yeah 200% understand this, kinda why i mentioned "Mechjeb" and the need for tech tree enabler because yes u can give access to the mechjeb module as a part but without the techtree being completely open its near useless. all i would take is either a node to drag and drop to open tech tree or to have the mission's act more like sandboxes and not like career settings.

4 minutes ago, mintme said:

yeah 200% understand this, kinda why i mentioned "Mechjeb" and the need for tech tree enabler because yes u can give access to the mechjeb module as a part but without the techtree being completely open its near useless. all i would take is either a node to drag and drop to open tech tree or to have the mission's act more like sandboxes and not like career settings.

OK, if I'm understanding you correctly, your concern is that some mods lock down some of their own internal functionality in career mode depending on which tech tree nodes have been unlocked.

If that's what you mean, then that's not a stock problem. That's a question of whether MechJeb supports Missions mode, which does not have a tech tree (just like sandbox). Considering that MechJeb is not yet updated for 1.4, you should probably either wait for that update or raise this concern politely with MechJeb's developers.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.