Alternate mod for mod like KJR (kerbal joint reinforcement)

Saphirence

11 minutes ago, klesh said:

Haven't been experiencing the same.

Depends on what you are doing with them, or the ship afterwards. 

For example eople have reported their ships start shaking and eventually explode after docking, and this is a result of autostruts. 

If you use too many, your ships can do the same thing shortly after launch. 

Unless you are very frugal with their usage, and know exactly what you are doing with them, I wouldn’t recommend using them. 

I used KJR a lot back, in 1.0, 1.1. But since 1.2, I removed it.

I use specific autostrut, and very few struts.

I didnt't see any problem linked to autostruts + struts. My biggest rocket is a SSTO Rocket, capable of orbiting 600T to 80km. The payload is linked to the rocket by only a 2.5m decoupler...

Why are you sure that your problems are linked to autostruting and no other bug ?

21 hours ago, MR L A said:

Is KJR still needed after rigid attachment was added to the game? 

I don't know if you can default to RA on, but with KJR, you don't have to click every part and toggle the RA setting.    It just helps with less monkey work in the VAB

5 hours ago, Gargamel said:

I don't know if you can default to RA on, but with KJR, you don't have to click every part and toggle the RA setting.    It just helps with less monkey work in the VAB

I think there's a way to do it if you change a game file somewhere... it will be one of those "=false" to "=true" jobs I'd imagine.

But yeah, you're right, it is a tremendous pain in the rear going through and changing all the parts...

• 9 months later...
On 3/17/2018 at 11:46 PM, Saphirence said:

hi so I use KJR and I CANT PLAY WITHOUT IT

as for now, ferram has not update the mod. is there any alternate mod that can do the same?

ps: I hate strut connector, its stupid, ugly, annoying, and inefficient

Surprised nobody mentioned this: 

i play RSS (without RO) in 1.5.1 and this works great! Don’t worry about the old version.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.