mod update or installation instructions request

Hello to whoever may be reading this. As you may know by the title, I would like some help in installing a mod, or updating the mod to use myself. It is a rather old mod under the name of HotRockets! Particle FX Replacement. This mod was an engine effects replacer, and has not been updated since 1.1. This mod was one of my personal favorites, and it broke in version 1.2 and upwards. Whenever i try to install it, either i get permanent engine effects showing in the wrong location (E.G. Jet engine thrust effects firing sideways from the engine) or no effects at all. As i stated, this is one of my personal favorite mods and i really would like to use it again. I tried editing the game files a little to try and get the mod to work, but, while i know a good deal about computers and hardware, coding is not my strong suit, and as such i was unable to get it working. There are also no revisions of the mod to help get it working in newer versions like i have seen with some other mods.. If somebody could help me with this, I would be extremely grateful. 

13 hours ago, Dankgum said:

Are you using this in KSP 1.4 or something? You shouldn't be suprised if it's really broken. I'd suggest using RealPlume and the stock configs. It's like HotRockets, but more realistic.

Hey, yeah, i'm in 1.4. Frankly i never liked RealPlume, because all it changed was the exhaust. i tried powered landings with it and i couldn't see the ground whenever i did that. Frankly i wasn't going for a realistic look, i just really liked the particle effects from HotRockets. I will give it a try though.

Update: i tried RealPlume. it just crashed my game.

Edited by TheScienceGuy120

6 hours ago, TheScienceGuy120 said:Hey, yeah, i'm in 1.4. Frankly i never liked RealPlume, because all it changed was the exhaust. i tried powered landings with it and i couldn't see the ground whenever i did that. Frankly i wasn't going for a realistic look, i just really liked the particle effects from HotRockets. I will give it a try though.

Update: i tried RealPlume. it just crashed my game.

Do you have its dependencies (SmokeScreen, maybe ModuleManager,) and the stock configs?

6 hours ago, TheScienceGuy120 said:

yes, i installed all of those. it crashed my game.

Log please? Also, I recommend posting this in the RealPlume mod thread or something. You'd get help from the he developers themselves. Just a note.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/20/2018 at 12:13 AM, Dankgum said:

Log please? Also, I recommend posting this in the RealPlume mod thread or something. You'd get help from the he developers themselves. Just a note.

hey, sorry it took so long to respond. i took a little break. But, i installed the latest  version of RealPlume stock, and it worked. After that, i noticed that one of the files in it was the main files used for the HotRockets mod, so i installed that and it worked perfectly, even synched up with the atmospheric compression of the thrust! Thank you for your suggestion.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.