long load times

Well initially I thought this....but.....I used to use the Active Texture Management mod (which is now mostly obsolete due to everyone going dds - another thread).  From that I gleaned that the textures are mostly loaded before the Module Manager makes the part cache (I'm kinda making this up cause I really don't know).  The long loading times seem to happen after the cache count....so I tend to think it has to due to something else.  But I'm just guessing about the order of things here but it could be...Hmmmm.

• 3 weeks later...

Is it possible you just installed more mods since then or the mods just happen to be more complex? 

Yes KSP 1.4 changed some things but i haven't noticed that much of a uptick with load times.

If its taking much longer, inexcusably so, then your pc may have an issue, have you noticed slowdowns with other games? Your computer also might just be aging, probs not tho, hasn't been that long. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.