Accuracy scoring for orbits is broken?

dvader

I tried to improve my score in Blue Mun but couldn't even get max score for the Kerbin Orbit. My best attempt had an inclination of 0.02 and Ap/Pe within 100km+-50m. Still, when I checked the save file, I did not complete "Kerbin Orbit with Precision" for 1000 pts, only "Kerbin Orbit" for 500 pts.

In an attempt to figure out what I was doing wrong I tried to Hyperedit my orbits to get a perfect score. Still, I could not get a "precision" orbit. Neither around Kerbin nor around the Mun.

Has anyone got "Orbit with Precision" anywhere? Landing accuracy seem to work but I am not sure about orbits.

I'd guess there is a logic problem, if I get it right the logic checks the 85% accuracy orbit before it checks the 95% orbit so even your hyperedit couldn't get beyond that. In general this is a problem because you can't reach an exact orbit without reaching it to a certain degree below 100% before, except with hyperedit. I can not think of a logic of the top of my hat that, is possible in mission builder and would solve this without a playerintervention that idicated that he is done with his orbit.

The indication that the player is done with their orbital maneuver is accomplished by setting the required stability time in the specified orbit. The timer is configured by default to reset any time the ship experiences acceleration, which gives players a chance to finish their maneuvers before accuracy is checked. 

I'm having the same issue as dvader though, orbital accuracy checking nodes docked to the orbit node do not seem to be working for me. As far as I can tell, I have never been awarded for docked accuracy tests. 

I wonder though, if this could have to do with the node connection order... I'll play around with that tonight. 

2 hours ago, StrikeEagleCC said:

The indication that the player is done with their orbital maneuver is accomplished by setting the required stability time in the specified orbit. The timer is configured by default to reset any time the ship experiences acceleration, which gives players a chance to finish their maneuvers before accuracy is checked.

Last try I did right from ksc to save time was still burning to accurate orbit while it gave me the 85% orbit even though the node states not that it allows acceleration, so there seems to be a minimal acceleration to stop that stability measurement. Imagine you have to maybe wait a half an orbit to correct your orbit which is above 85% you had to take a stability time of about 30 minutes to allow that.

I see your point. I like this part of the challenge though, since you have to execute the launch or plan intercepts very carefully in order to set yourself up for an accurate circularization burn. Doesn't fix broken accuracy tests though.

5 hours ago, Hurzelgnurk said:

if I get it right the logic checks the 85% accuracy orbit before it checks the 95% orbit

I tried using an accuracy check node with a lower precision than the orbital node, and it still wouldn't activate.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.