PS4 maneuver node

I'm trying to figure out how to get anywhere but Moon and mimnus. When I make nodes for those 2 it works fine but when I try to go out past mimnus the orbit just shows a purple dashed line and I can never reach a encounter with a planet. What am I doing wrong?

I've only just started launching things to other planets, but here's what I've done.

First, it does matter where you are planning to go, the planets outside of Kerbins orbit require you to leave Kerbins Sphere Of Influence in the same direction(pro-grade) that Kerbin is orbiting the sun.

Planets inside of Kerbins orbit require you to leave Kerbins SOI in the opposite direction (retro-grade) that Kerbin is orbiting the sun.

There are specific times when it is easier to get to other planets, you'll have to look for some sort of reference material on KSP interplanetary transfer windows.

Once you have picked a direction to go, make a burn and wait until you have left Kerbins SOI.

Once outside the SOI of Kerbin target the planet and set-up a manoeuvre node.

Play with the pro-grade/retro-grade, until. it's as close as you can get, (watch for the white intercept markers to get close to each other.) Get the intercept marker to give you the closest approach by putting the cursor on it and hitting the Circle button on PS4.

You will probably have to increase or decrease each of the following: move the node forward/backward, radial in/radial out, normal/anti-normal, and of course the pro-grade/retro-grade.

Do each thing one at a time, watching the intercept marker for its closest value.

Once you have an Sphere of influence intercept, do the burn and wait. Good time to level up some Kerbins and get that science from your labs.

About 1/3 of the way there you may have to do another manoeuvre, due to... (Solar wind or kerbal calculation errors)

Check again by 2/3 of the way there to insure you still hit your target.

There are a few great beginner/intermediate videos on you-tube. Scott Manley explains the interceps well, even if he's only using a pc.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.