Help! My Plane Keeps Veering to the side!

Im trying to build a exploration plane to take Crew/Eva Reports and Surface Samples, but the darn thing can't go 10 meters without spinning out and exploding. I have NO aerodynamics mods what so ever, and im using Vanilla parts (dew to it being one of the career modes). Even when i make it as symmetrical as possible it STILL randomly spins. my only guess is that when i launch the plane, and it places it slightly above the run way, the bounce ends up shifting  it slightly to the left/right. if you have any suggestions on helping combat that, i would love it

Is your plane completely symmetrical? If it is, check that your center of aerodynamics is slightly behind the center of mass. If these two don't work, turn off roll and yaw on the outer parts of the wings, the inner ones should just have yaw turned off. Eg... The bigger elevon 3s on the inside should have yaw off and the smaller elevon 2s on the outside should have roll and yaw off then finally turn pitch and roll off on the tailplane.

Edited by ThatRedMelon

This could be caused by having the main landing gear to far in front or behind Center of Mass (CoM).

To get a stable landing gear setup, you want

• A main gear lifting the craft as close to CoM as possible without tipping.
  • A nose gear or a tail wheel as far from the main gear as possible.

A car type layout of the landing gear, where all the landing gears are located near the ends of the craft can create the symptoms you describe.

Here's a couple examples that are very stable.

YtHRIkW.png

GcfwKJU.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.