What other games do you know that are already available space-related?

Agustin

11 hours ago, ARS said:

Homeworld series: (Real time strategy) Build strike craft from your mothership, from fighter, bomber, corvette, cruiser, destroyer, and battlecruiser for epic spaceship battle in a fully 3 dimensional space combat

Graphic:****

Gameplay:*****

Story:****

I have the original game(which I think is free on GOG), and it is fun.  Also, very, very hard.  VERY VERY HARD.  As in, I can't get past level 4.  

2 minutes ago, DAL59 said:

I have the original game(which I think is free on GOG), and it is fun.  Also, very, very hard.  VERY VERY HARD.  As in, I can't get past level 4.  

Ahh... The one when you had to destroy enemy carrier, and then it's trying to flee, then you realized it you cannot destroy it in time. The solution is simple, build several salvage corvette, then when enemy ion cannon frigate appears, hijack them using salvage corvettes. You need 2 corvettes per frigate. They deal high damage against carrier. However, I still fail the mission and still cannot beat that level, even today, mainly because how fragile the frigates was. While it's powerful, it also tend to be destroyed fairly quickly

2 minutes ago, ARS said:

The one when you had to destroy enemy carrier, and then it's trying to flee, then you realized it you cannot destroy it in time.

I don't even get to that part :(

I think I need to redo level 3 so I start level 4 with more resources.  

8 hours ago, KerbolExplorer said:

space engine

I cannot recommend this enough.  It is the best game ever made.  Remember how no man's sky turned out to be horrible and didn't have the promised features?  SpaceEngine has all of them(they're even working on MP), and the best graphics of any game.  

Xqe45hC.jpg

This is not a cutscene.

12 hours ago, DAL59 said:

I cannot recommend this enough.  It is the best game ever made.  Remember how no man's sky turned out to be horrible and didn't have the promised features?  SpaceEngine has all of them(they're even working on MP), and the best graphics of any game.  

Wait space engine is getting multiplayer!!!!:o

7 hours ago, KerbolExplorer said:

Wait space engine is getting multiplayer!!!!:o

Not just multiplayer, but:

Space combat system with realistic physics
minus.png Unlimited capabilities for players: research, building, trading, fighting
minus.png Colonizing and terraforming planets, building cities
minus.png Destruction of enemy ships, cities, and even entire planets

Imagine EVE online, but in a full scale, hyperealistic galaxy.  

10 hours ago, DAL59 said:

Not just multiplayer, but:

minus.png Unlimited capabilities for players: research, building, trading, fighting
minus.png Colonizing and terraforming planets, building cities
minus.png Destruction of enemy ships, cities, and even entire planets

Imagine EVE online, but in a full scale, hyperealistic galaxy.  

wow

On 27/03/2018 at 5:09 AM, DAL59 said:

Would that costs an arm and a leg ? (both in retail and hardware requirement)

I don't quite want it badly, I just wonder whether they have a better system to handle the physics and graphics.

Edited by YNM

Stable Orbit: Basically KSP space station building turned into a game, no story at all, you just a contractor assigned for a construction of a space station in orbit. Fit an appropriate modules to keep the station's crew alive and build research modules to generate funds. There's career and sandbox mode (with the sandbox mode being essentially just a single "station core part module in orbit" and you add any parts as you wish, literally space station designing program. Very useful to design space station for KSP)

Graphic:****

Gameplay:****

Story:*

Edited by ARS

2 hours ago, YNM said:

Would that costs an arm and a leg ? (both in retail and hardware requirement)

I don't quite want it badly, I just wonder whether they have a better system to handle the physics and graphics.

Runs great on normal computers, insane graphics quality, also currently free.

7 hours ago, YNM said:

Do they have some secrets KSP could learn ?

Stock, 2-d clouds.  Why we don't have 2-d clouds in the stock game by now I don't know.  Remember, Space Engine has one dev and the graphics are better than ksp.

Also, better procedural asteroids, n-body simulation.  

Edited by DAL59

I know somebody already said this, but only mentioned it. Surviving Mars is a colony building game based around building and sustaining a colony. Has a basic "mystery" that affects the colony somehow, sort of like a storyline. Too bad it costs $40... :(

Graphics: ****

Game play: ****

Story **

23 minutes ago, DunaManiac said:

Surviving Mars is a colony building game based around building and sustaining a colony. Has a basic "mystery" that affects the colony somehow, sort of like a storyline.

So is every city-building games...

I guess most (if not all) the games I play isn't strong in the story region...

• 2 years later...

Hi, recommend to you Elite Dangerous and Outer Wilds.

If you want to play Elite Dangerous, starting with a basic ship and a handful of credits, you shape your own destiny. Do you become a fearsome pirate? A master trader? An explorer? The beauty of Elite is being able to play in a way that suits you. From thrilling dogfights to gentle exploration, there’s something for everyone. And its ships are all an absolute dream to fly, whether it's a nimble fighter or a heavy duty cargo hauler.

Outer Wilds is a first-person open-world game about exploring a small solar system full of weird planets and odd cosmic phenomena. The catch? You're trapped in a time loop, giving you just 20 minutes to explore at a time. Outer Wilds is reminiscent of games such as Her Story and Obra Dinn in the way you piece a puzzle together by discovering and connecting small, often seemingly unrelated details.

On 3/29/2018 at 1:53 AM, DunaManiac said:

I know somebody already said this, but only mentioned it. Surviving Mars is a colony building game based around building and sustaining a colony. Has a basic "mystery" that affects the colony somehow, sort of like a storyline. Too bad it costs $40... :(

I was thinking about buying it, but… is it really a space game? Ingame videos look like regular simcity clone with bubbles over houses. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Now that I remember, here are a few other games set in "space" and with Steam links:

Wow!  Two years of opportunity in this thread, and not a single mention of the Freespace games (Descent: Freespace - The Great War, and Freespace 2)? 

Both available on Steam and/or GoG. 

On 3/18/2018 at 5:32 PM, Starman4308 said:

The list of space-related games is almost without end.

Freelancer, Starlancer, Surviving Mars, Astroneer, Elite: Dangerous, Orbiter, No Man's Sky, Homeworld, Mass Effect, Rogue System, Children of a Dead Earth, Tharsis, Interplanetary... all sorts of games in all sorts of genres have a space theme to them.

You're going to have to clarify.

how the hell can you mention both freelancer and starlancer but not freespace? that was like the golden age of space sims there. at least you didnt mention tacky on the fringe. 

On 6/6/2020 at 7:54 AM, MaxxQ said:

Wow!  Two years of opportunity in this thread, and not a single mention of the Freespace games (Descent: Freespace - The Great War, and Freespace 2)? 

Both available on Steam and/or GoG. 

and last i checked its still being modded/developed.

On 3/21/2018 at 2:00 AM, Gargamel said:

Parsec was always one of my favorites. 

i permanently borrowed a ti99 from my school (they were going to throw it out anyway), and that was the only piece of software it came with. 

I’ll throw in another vote for Freespace. Their modding community is pretty solid, nothing like here, but still.

I was having fun with Starpoint Gemini: Warlords a while back. Good game but if you aren’t careful, you can get backed into a corner and screwed.

Also for those interested in board games, Firefly The Game is most excellent.

Edited by ShakeNBake
Another

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.