KEA(R) Airliner Size/Speed/Range War

I've been wondering, what if we started something like Kerbin City, but not Kerbin City, so as to not get into legal complications? Maybe we could have sewers, subway tunnels, a track and/or subway tunnel that goes from the city to the KSC, and a road that does the same.

12 hours ago, Kebab Kerman said:

I've been wondering, what if we started something like Kerbin City, but not Kerbin City, so as to not get into legal complications? Maybe we could have sewers, subway tunnels, a track and/or subway tunnel that goes from the city to the KSC, and a road that does the same.

Like the Kerbinside mod?

14 hours ago, Kebab Kerman said:

You're lucky, you get to board an A380...

A380 are not so special mate, especially when you're travelling economy... They're just an oversized, double decked A340!

Although I am sure the private suites are nice. 

Also, they won't be flying for too long (unlike the 747, which has been flying decades). Singapore Airlines which had the first A380 didn't find it as profitable as they would have hoped, and last I heard that first one completed it's 10 year lease, and then ended up back at Toulouse gathering dust!

Emirates can fly them though, because profit is not so important as status for Arab airlines.

8 hours ago, Andetch said:

Like the Kerbinside mod?

A380 are not so special mate, especially when you're travelling economy... They're just an oversized, double decked A340!

Although I am sure the private suites are nice. 

Also, they won't be flying for too long (unlike the 747, which has been flying decades). Singapore Airlines which had the first A380 didn't find it as profitable as they would have hoped, and last I heard that first one completed it's 10 year lease, and then ended up back at Toulouse gathering dust!

Emirates can fly them though, because profit is not so important as status for Arab airlines.

Never flew, so I can't relate.

EDIT: And no, I mean like Kerbin City. You can see it in the background of my plane screenshots. Two of them, anyway... Basically in the same spot, but it's complete and might even use the stuff in Kerbin City for a larger city.

Edited by Kebab Kerman

2 hours ago, neistridlar said:
2 hours ago, Andetch said:

You will fly one day.  Ever been on a bus? It is like that, with not much to look at, and sometimes more bumpy!

but much less turny turny.

And probably more screamy screamy in said bumpy parts.

Also, is anybody going to review any craft?

1 hour ago, Kebab Kerman said:

I'm busy with the reviews in the KEA thread. Some of them are submitted here as well, so I can probably post the reviews here as well, when I get that far, but it will take a while.

Just now, neistridlar said:

I'm busy with the reviews in the KEA thread. Some of them are submitted here as well, so I can probably post the reviews here as well, when I get that far, but it will take a while.

Ah, alright.

12 hours ago, Kebab Kerman said:

And probably more screamy screamy in said bumpy parts.

A bus in the third world is a lot more terrifying than flying! All that overtaking at breakneck speeds around blind corners, vs. having loads of space, a highly trained crew and a machine that has had millions of hours spent developing the systems and safety... Okay, the turns on planes can be a bit awkward feeling when you're in the rear cabin at a 20 degree bank angle in a climbing turn, accelerating still after takeoff, but it's all part of the fun! 

Give me flying anyday!

On 4/6/2018 at 11:06 PM, Andetch said:

A bus in the third world is a lot more terrifying than flying! All that overtaking at breakneck speeds around blind corners, vs. having loads of space, a highly trained crew and a machine that has had millions of hours spent developing the systems and safety... Okay, the turns on planes can be a bit awkward feeling when you're in the rear cabin at a 20 degree bank angle in a climbing turn, accelerating still after takeoff, but it's all part of the fun! 

Give me flying anyday!

Now your making me scared of getting a driver's license. Screw it, I'll get a helicopter license instead.

EDIT: I am serious about that helicopter license, by the way.

Edited by Kebab Kerman

20 hours ago, Andetch said:

Thing with helicopters that I never really understood (until KSP experiments) is what happens when the engine fails and you need to..err.... Glide?

Most helicopters are equipped with a sort of "auto-rotation" system where even without power the wind moving over the blades causes them to keep spinning and provide some lift. Effecting a sort of "glide."

It is entirely possible to land a stalled helicopter relatively safely assuming nothing else goes wrong.

14 hours ago, Andetch said:

Yeah, I figured this out via ksp. Still though, wings make me feel safer....and unless your helicopter runs off redbull it won't have any!

Hehe, nice joke

But if Redbull gives you wings, where does it get the wings?

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.