Kerbal Express Airlines - Regional Jet Challenge (Reboot Continued)

On 13/04/2018 at 3:57 AM, CrazyJebGuy said:

@HamnavoePer Your Beluga.... I think we have to disqualify for it being practically a helicopter, and for the large reaction wheels module, reaction wheels is not allowed. Except cockpit SAS, because it has a negligible effect.

tq6yBZ8.png

It WAS a joke entry. Not surprised it got disqualified.

EDIT: Do I still get extra points for originality? :P

Edited by HamnavoePer

1 hour ago, HamnavoePer said:

It WAS a joke entry. Not surprised it got disqualified.

EDIT: Do I still get extra points for originality? :P

I bet a gyrocopter would be qualified. 

It has a rolling takeoff and only uses the rotors as wings, not propulsion.

38 minutes ago, HamnavoePer said:

You think I do? Have you seen any of my designs? they're literally made of lolly sticks, duct tape and some hot glue...

Ok, then its open source designs for gyrocopter. I could 'try' to make one...

You ever notice how Yoda says 'Do or do not, there is no try' then he says 'Only a sith deals in absolutes'? Hippocryte...

14 hours ago, Kernel Kraken said:

Ahh.... Oops. I haven't watched the movies in years, only watched A New Hope a few months ago. 

Then that begs the question. Why hasn't anyone dropped a kerbal down the Death Star's superlaser tube yet?

28 minutes ago, Kebab Kerman said:

Then that begs the question. Why hasn't anyone dropped a kerbal down the Death Star's superlaser tube yet?

I'm imagining the scene switching to the Death Star, then 'physics loads', and, after a brief moment of the camera pan skipping and lag, the Kraken just makes it explode, with a spaghetti-ing kerbal in the midst of all the debris. 

Edited by Box of Stardust

3 minutes ago, Box of Stardust said:

I'm imagining the scene switching to Death Star, then 'physics loads', and, after a brief moment of the camera pan skipping and lag, the Kraken just makes it explode, with a spaghetti-ing kerbal in the midst of all the debris. 

Thanks for the video idea!

19 hours ago, Kernel Kraken said:

I bet a gyrocopter would be qualified. 

19 hours ago, HamnavoePer said:

You think I do? Have you seen any of my designs? they're literally made of lolly sticks, duct tape and some hot glue...

Someone already submitted a gyrocopter:

As far as I'm concerned this one dos not break any rules. So it should be possible. Is it easy though? probably not.

I tended to be crazy about bizjets, but I'm not totally sure if these projects can be interesting here...

Here is the OT-5A Iris:

koSjBC0.png

Flight crew: 1

Passengers: 16

Cruising speed: 270 m/s

Cruising Alt. (at MTOW): 09-10 km

Price: 40 387 000

Range: more than 1 184.95 (thanks to @TheTripleAce3 for its help!)

Able to go to a Pole and to come back. Cruising Alt: between 9-11 km, depending on the mass at take-off.

Alas, for aesthetic reasons the main fuel tank is covering the back Mk1 cabin's windows.

It was built as a light scientific researches aircraft, which is why it's having the (ugly) small cargo bay.

Available here.

Then, here is the OT-0A Exocet:

PmlbF7f.png

Pilot: 1

Passengers: 16

Cruising speed: more than 270 m/s

Cruising Alt. (at MTOW): 10-11 km

Range: more than 1 184.95

Price: 40 396 000

Same capacity than the first file, but a bit more potent in climb rate and cruising altitude.

Built from one of my oldest kid's dream and dedicated to MEDEVAC flights to/from short and unprepared fields (the original idea was for serving locations struck by natural disasters). For less debris ingestion by the engines, they were placed over the wings and, consequently, the windows are covered by them.

Available here.

Finally, the OT-0C Makaira, the sole and only passenger aircraft I published online:

xdM6zh5.png

Crew: 1

Passengers: 48

Cruising speed: more than 275 m/s (can cruise to M 1.4 at full trust if light enough)

Cruising Alt. (at MTOW): 10-11 km

Range: more than 1 184.95

Price: 64 706 000 (that's a lot...)

Not really economic, but made for comfortable flights at high-subsonic cruise speed and between 11-12 km. Can fly at a low supersonic speed and higher depending on the fuel amount. Like the two others, it is optimized for S.T.O.L. performances, a small tail wheel being available to de-stress the nose gear as fast as possible and without damaging the tail.

Available here.

Edit: big mistakes corrected thanks to @MaverickSawyer and @Box of Stardust for their notes.

Note: not being able to play KSP for more than a month I cannot confirm the range of these aircraft with more precision.

Edited by XB-70A

3 hours ago, XB-70A said:

I tended to be crazy about bizjets, but I'm not totally sure if these projects can be interesting here...

Here is the OT-5A Iris:

koSjBC0.png

Flight crew: 1

Passengers: 4

Able to go to a Pole and to come back. Cruising Alt: between 9-11 km, depending on the mass at take-off.

Alas, for aesthetic reasons the main fuel tank is covering the back Mk1 cabin's windows.

It was built as a light scientific researches aircraft, which is why it's having the (ugly) small cargo bay.

Available here.

Then, here is the OT-0A Exocet:

PmlbF7f.png

Same capacity than the first file, but a bit more potent in climb rate and cruising altitude.

Built from one of my oldest kid's dream and dedicated to MEDEVAC flights to/from short and unprepared fields (the original idea was for serving locations struck by natural disasters). For less debris ingestion by the engines, they were placed over the wings and, consequently, the windows are covered by them.

Available here.

Finally, the OT-0C Makaira, the sole and only passenger aircraft I published online:

xdM6zh5.png

Crew: 1

Passengers: 12

Not really economic, but made for comfortable flights at high-subsonic cruise speed and between 11-12 km. Can fly at a low supersonic speed and higher depending on the fuel amount. Like the two others, it is optimized for S.T.O.L. performances, a small tail wheel being available to de-stress the nose gear as fast as possible and without damaging the tail.

Available here.

You should read the rules, there's some challenge-specific peculiarities concerning passenger capacity and range specifications.

@CrazyJebGuy I don't wanna be a pain, but can my supersonic entry go up in the OP - HSKT Night Fury /EL/ELX 

It's just that one was the only one the judges truly liked! (Well, they didn't like the ELX, but...)

My internet should be here in a few days so then I got some more submissions for you to hate ;)

Quick update from the new judge's end:

Since it is finals week and everything is starting to wrap up at my university, combined with the tragic death of my mouse, means that I will not have any reviews out for the next week or so. I already have a review finished on the Delta Impulse/Delta Impulse S, and I'll try to put that up either later today or tomorrow. Until the week after next though, I've got too much life stuff to work on reviews.

On 4/26/2018 at 8:51 AM, Andetch said:

@CrazyJebGuy I don't wanna be a pain, but can my supersonic entry go up in the OP - HSKT Night Fury /EL/ELX 

It's just that one was the only one the judges truly liked! (Well, they didn't like the ELX, but...)

My internet should be here in a few days so then I got some more submissions for you to hate ;)

Apologies for the slowness of updating the leader-board, and also not many reviews lately, I think @neistridlar said a while ago that reviews only happen with time and inspiration, I would have disagreed because I did a fair few fairly unmotivated, but it's true. Last few weeks really been struggling for inspiration, got about half way through a Passenger M38 (think it's called that) review, can't go much further. Hope I manage to get some inspiration soon.

11 minutes ago, Kernel Kraken said:

Or motivating. Also, I know I submitted it only a month ago, (no sarcasm, I know it sounds negative) and I was wondering if my AKP-10 Jumbo Jet is up for review soon.

They have a pretty long backlog to sift through, but I don't think they necessarily do reviews in chronological order.

13 minutes ago, Kernel Kraken said:

Or motivating. Also, I know I submitted it only a month ago, (no sarcasm, I know it sounds negative) and I was wondering if my AKP-10 Jumbo Jet is up for review soon.

1 minute ago, Box of Stardust said:

They have a pretty long backlog to sift through, but I don't think they necessarily do reviews in chronological order.

The oldest ones are from January now I think. And yes, they are not necessarily done in chronological order. I tend to prioritize the oldest ones though. The last few reviews I did was really hard, so I decided to take a break. Might get back to it soon though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.