Kerbal Express Airlines - Regional Jet Challenge (Reboot Continued)

3 hours ago, NightshineRecorralis said:

Keep us posted, I'm sure we'd all like to watch :) 

I'll post to keep y'all posted! 

I have the stream up on steam now. My account is in my profile under the website tab...

Or you could just look up kernel Kraken on steam. Whatever :). 

i think it's up at least. It has really weird broadcast controls and no 'Broadcast' button...

Edited by Kernel Kraken

3 hours ago, Kernel Kraken said:

I'll post to keep y'all posted! 

I have the stream up on steam now. My account is in my profile under the website tab...

Or you could just look up kernel Kraken on steam. Whatever :). 

i think it's up at least. It has really weird broadcast controls and no 'Broadcast' button...

Damn, how unfortunate, my internet was out for the last 4 hours.

Habu Industries Presents:

The Leviathan: A YUGE HONKING PLANE

7RRHCEk.jpg

Why do you want this plane? It's simple: You don't. You NEED this plane. Why? Because it's freaking huge and actually performs well.

There are flaps but the wings are so big they aren't needed. Unlike the Colossus, everyone has legroom, all 3888 of them!

Performs best at whatever altitude with the nose level at 220m/s, which is typically around 6500m to 7000m. The plane will rise as fuel is burned off.

With the standard fuel load, range is approximately 3000km with 30,000 kallons of fuel, but ranges greater than 5000km can be achieved by fueling the wing tanks, with a total of over 100,000 kallons of capacity.

Unfortunately, we only have pictures of the prototype, as the production version used up so much money we couldn't afford a photographer. At just over 1 billion funds, however, we think the price is justified.

If testers need help flying (which I assume they will), Habu Industries hotline is open 24/6 and welcome for inquiring!

Note: This plane has 334 parts and will stress your system. I am running on a 7600K @ 4.7Ghz and I'm only getting ~25fps. I tried running on a 7300HQ @ 3.5 Ghz and only got ~15fps. Proceed at your own caution, with physics slowdown the plane will be very unresponsive so physics delta WILL have to be increased to accommodate this on lower end systems.

Edited by NightshineRecorralis

To think of it, I might be one of the most qualified to judge Super Jumbos since my system can handle these craft no problem...

I mean, a 400 part plane is probably nothing conpared to six to ten 70+ part aircraft flying around and shooting each other within an extended physics range of about a 5km radius.

3 hours ago, Box of Stardust said:

I mean, a 400 part plane is probably nothing conpared to six to ten 70+ part aircraft flying around and shooting each other within an extended physics range of about a 5km radius

What's your rig spec(s)?
Mine can't even stand 200 parts in regular situations...

Northern Aero Tech Presents:

The N500

n1pAeee.jpg

• Price: 136.297.000 :funds:
  • Passenger Seats: 72
  • Takeoff Speed: 45 m/s
  • Max Speed: 325 m/s (ASL)
  • Cruising Altitude: 5600 m
  • Cruising Speed: 280 m/s
  • Range: 2800 km (hopefully we didn't got mixed up with the numbers, no refunds!)
  • Parts: 35

Since the past page, there have been no new innovative, clean-sheet designs in the category of Medium Regional Jets. The wait is over. The N500 is the first new design, and it comes from the company most unexperienced to the industry. (kudos to Cessna for their marketing phrases!)

Its a plane that actually flies and is easy to handle. Thanks to its generously placed big landing wheels and the for extraordinary performing well-known engine J-90 "Goliath" even inexperienced pilots can provide first class comfortable flights to expecting customers. While this certainly comes not without a price tag the maintenance costs are very low thanks to picking only few and high quality parts for this craft and thus resulting in a very economic costs of total ownership - obviously making the N500 best choice for luxury mid-range flights.

Time-saving speed (it flies!). Ambitious range. A world-class cabin that is configurable to your taste and the quietest in the class. All this while keeping the maintenance costs one of the lowest in its class. No other aircraft can compete with this level of performance and comfort. It’s not just a flight anymore. It’s a whole new experience.

Pilot instructions: Nothing special, AG1 toggles Reverse Thrust.

Edited by DH8SpaceWolf
Replaced front gear with steerable one

4 hours ago, DunnoAnyThing said:

What's your rig spec(s)?
Mine can't even stand 200 parts in regular situations...

It's an Asus ROG GL702VS, a gaming laptop (since I carry it around for to use for my classes as well, and the specs are relevant for what I do).

i7 7700HQ, GTX 1070

So the multi-aircraft battles run 'reasonably well', probably around 15-25 FPS, but I used to play games on a laptop with only integrated graphics, so I'm used to low FPS. The game runs at about 0.75 - 0.5 real time due to the physics slow down, but it still runs smoothly otherwise. 

3 hours ago, DH8SpaceWolf said:

Northern Aero Tech Presents:

The N500

IrBTQdO.jpg

I will tell you this straight-up right now: as of your current design, I will dock you lots of points for (lack of) ground handling. Planes still have to steer on the ground!

14 hours ago, NightshineRecorralis said:

7RRHCEk.jpg

Performs best at whatever altitude with the nose level at 220m/s, which is typically around 6500m to 7000m. The plane will rise as fuel is burned off.

Unfortunately, we only have pictures of the prototype, as the production version used up so much money we couldn't afford a photographer. At just over 1 billion funds, however, we think the price is justified.

It'd still take a hundred or so flights to pay off the plane assuming 0 maintenance fees wouldn't it?

assuming standard ny-paris flight costs at least 

Just now, NightshineRecorralis said:

aka a month (assuming no maintenance)

Not all that bad, considering a life of approx. 20 yrs

Something that big would have so much maintenance cost it makes the Wunderwaffe blush...

1 minute ago, NightshineRecorralis said:

Ah, yes, the cleaning would take ages :P 

And it would spend probably 1/3 of that 20 year lifespan inside a hangar getting that cleaning.

And you forgot to add some info to your pitch. Range, fuel cap, etc are needed :/

Just now, TheTripleAce3 said:

And it would spend probably 1/3 of that 20 year lifespan inside a hangar getting that cleaning.

And you forgot to add some info to your pitch. Range, fuel cap, etc are needed :/

What, would you expect every flight to have full tanks? Pfft, It's shipped empty for a reason (we can't afford fuel costs)

Jokes aside, this plane really doesn't have a specified fuel cap or range, which is kind of sad

What, would you expect every flight to have full tanks? Pfft, It's shipped empty for a reason (we can't afford fuel costs)

Jokes aside, this plane really doesn't have a specified fuel cap or range, which is kind of sad

Then go with max range for the listed one I guess.

Then you can find the max range (in theory I guess?)

And imo, the best way to measure a plane's performance is seeing the difference from flying at its best to at its worst, probably not the way to go about it, but it works for my stuff

14 minutes ago, TheTripleAce3 said:

NightshineRecorralis has all the required information for a submission. Range fuel capacity etc. are optional.

On 3/20/2018 at 12:24 AM, CrazyJebGuy said:

How to Submit. Your post must include the following:

1. The name of your aircraft company and model names for the designs you're submitting. Please clarify what category you're entering the plane in.
  2. At least one screenshot or very large bold text or something in your submissions. This is so we can more easily see it is a submission, we don't want to accidentally skip yours.
  3. A link to your craft files in your submission post. No PMing me.
  4. The price of your aircraft times 1,000. (If $23,555 in-game, submit as $23,555,000. This is just for fun to make prices more realistic.)
  5. The recommended cruising speed and altitude for your aircraft. This is the speed and altitude you've fine-tuned your designs for, ensuring the best balance of speed, range, and fuel efficiency. It's also what the test pilots will be testing your aircraft at for judging.
  6. (Optional, but will help in review) Pitch your aircraft to the Kerbal Express Airlines executives, selling them on why it should be purchased for their fleet. Include any notable features (even if fictional).

14 minutes ago, TheTripleAce3 said:

Then go with max range for the listed one I guess.

Then you can find the max range (in theory I guess?)

And imo, the best way to measure a plane's performance is seeing the difference from flying at its best to at its worst, probably not the way to go about it, but it works for my stuff

Tested and edited :P

1 minute ago, neistridlar said:

NightshineRecorralis has all the required information for a submission. Range fuel capacity etc. are optional.

It's fine, it's all in good fun :D 

7 minutes ago, neistridlar said:

Oh. Is it required for reviews? I may have been looking at that section then XD

Sorry about that.

6 minutes ago, NightshineRecorralis said:

Tested and edited :P

One million units of fuel? O_o Impressive. And with the most efficient engines in the game (at least by ISP alone)

2 minutes ago, TheTripleAce3 said:

Oh. Is it required for reviews? I may have been looking at that section then XD

Sorry about that.

One million units of fuel? O_o Impressive. And with the most efficient engines in the game (at least by ISP alone)

Ha, I suppose this qualifies as using Tweakscale unfairly in that regard. The main wings hold like 60000 kallons.

Ha, I suppose this qualifies as using Tweakscale unfairly in that regard. The main wings hold like 60000 kallons.

Meh. That's only 6% of the fuel tbh. It could be much more unfair.

Although seeing 60k and thinking "only" at the same time is an interesting realization.

1 minute ago, TheTripleAce3 said:

Although seeing 60k and thinking "only" at the same time is an interesting realization.

You know, that makes me wonder where the rest of the fuel is stored...and I designed the thing.

3 minutes ago, TheTripleAce3 said:

Ah. I found my mistake.

100,000 kallons

not 1,000,000

1 minute ago, NightshineRecorralis said:

You know, that makes me wonder where the rest of the fuel is stored...and I designed the thing.

How many Mk 3 fuel fuselages did you use? Those hold something like 10k LF a pop w/o tweakscale

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.