Kerbal Express Airlines - Regional Jet Challenge (Reboot Continued)

Just now, TheTripleAce3 said:

Those gears are going to be floating in flight and look completely independent of the wings and nose

See the struts? They hold them in place, not to mention there isn't much weight on the outboard and nose gear. If you DLed the craft and checked CoM it's pretty much right on top of main gear :) 

4 minutes ago, NightshineRecorralis said:

See the struts? They hold them in place, not to mention there isn't much weight on the outboard and nose gear. If you DLed the craft and checked CoM it's pretty much right on top of main gear :) 

I see the struts but I'm kinda weirded out by thinking about how struts would actually work at mach speeds :/

And god point about the outboard gear.

Edited by TheTripleAce3

10 minutes ago, neistridlar said:

I have to say that is a case where I think upscaled landing gear would have been the right choice, rather than attaching them with a pair of broomsticks.

Gonna have to agree here just on aesthetic.

11 hours ago, Box of Stardust said:

I will tell you this straight-up right now: as of your current design, I will dock you lots of points for (lack of) ground handling. Planes still have to steer on the ground!

I updated the front gear - it is now steerable! :)

1 minute ago, NightshineRecorralis said:

Do you need that much roll authority?

A better question is: Why don't you have more roll authority?

EDIT: I'm also re- making that video to make the crash look better and get rid of the atom central water mark and junk.

Edited by Kernel Kraken

1 minute ago, NightshineRecorralis said:

Passengers tend to puke, and I don't know of any airliner that can do 120 deg/sec lol

Well that's what happens when your airliners are re purposed fighter jets. All the seats are mounted on gyroscopes so they don't feel it.

2 hours ago, Kernel Kraken said:

Well that's what happens when your airliners are re purposed fighter jets. All the seats are mounted on gyroscopes so they don't feel it.

As an aircraft mechanic in training and a former ramp agent for airliners... That's a great idea on paper, but it's going to be an absolutely massive headache to maintain. I mean, have you seen the mess a young kerbal makes when eating a snack? I guarantee you that the crumbs will find their way into the most mechanically sensitive and delicate area of the gyro system, no matter how well you seal them. :D 

You think this is big? Wait for my modular plane. Can be expended as much as you want. (or as much as your computer can support) Only pitch and yaw are affected.

Second BAF catalog is coming soon with a lot of unstandard contraption.

Edited by Mathrilord

4 hours ago, Mathrilord said:

You think this is big? Wait for my modular plane. Can be expended as much as you want. (or as much as your computer can support) Only pitch and yaw are affected.

Second BAF catalog is coming soon with a lot of unstandard contraption.

If the second catalog is as extensive as the first, I'd highly recommend against it. Whittle it down to the top 2 or 3 and post those. No one wants to wade through 20+ entries in a short period.

Edited by NightshineRecorralis

21 hours ago, Mathrilord said:

Is that just a bunch of subassemblies that can be combined into one massive design?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.