Kerbal Express Airlines - Regional Jet Challenge (Reboot Continued)

3 minutes ago, TheTripleAce3 said:

I'm tempted to do a review but idk what to review or what I would even say. I'm not much of a creative person 

Try one! The worst thing that can happen is that you waste a bit of your time. I'm sure you can at least do the "analytic" bits, like how does it fly and stuff. Most of the funy stuff in my reviews came from stuff that happened during testing. I'm sure you will find something as well.

Just now, neistridlar said:

Try one! The worst thing that can happen is that you waste a bit of your time. I'm sure you can at least do the "analytic" bits, like how does it fly and stuff. Most of the funy stuff in my reviews came from stuff that happened during testing. I'm sure you will find something as well.

I'd need access to the review template, etc. as well if I decided to do it.

22 minutes ago, TheTripleAce3 said:

I'd need access to the review template, etc. as well if I decided to do it.

Apart from the formatting there really is no hard and fast ways to do it, but I put together something for you here: It is just a more elaborate version of the formatting guide I posted earlier in the thread (and it is also in the OP, in a less detailed version)

Test Pilot Review @[SubmittersName]'s [Aircraft name]     //size 24

[insert picture here]

Figures as Tested:                 //Small headings end with : and is same font size as regular text, just bold.

• Price:                       // these lines are bullet points.
  • Fuel: kallons 
  • Cruising speed: m/s
  • Cruising altitude: m
  • Fuel burn rate: kal/s
  • Range:  km

Review Notes:

This is where the main body of the review goes. You are free to do this as you please, but here is what I think should be included:

• Comment on some notable features.
  • Comment on take off and landing performance
  • Comment on the most notable flight characteristics
  • Something about passenger comfort, primarily proximity to engines, but other stuff as well
  • Assessment of the economy and possible use case for the aircraft.

The Verdict:

Summary/punchline of the review, and how many to buy.

2 minutes ago, neistridlar said:

Apart from the formatting there really is no hard and fast ways to do it, but I put together something for you here: It is just a more elaborate version of the formatting guide I posted earlier in the thread (and it is also in the OP, in a less detailed version)

Test Pilot Review @[SubmittersName]'s [Aircraft name]     //size 24

[insert picture here]

Figures as Tested:                 //Small headings end with : and is same font size as regular text, just bold.

• Price:                       // these lines are bullet points.
  • Fuel: kallons 
  • Cruising speed: m/s
  • Cruising altitude: m
  • Fuel burn rate: kal/s
  • Range:  km

Review Notes:

This is where the main body of the review goes. You are free to do this as you please, but here is what I think should be included:

• Comment on some notable features.
  • Comment on take off and landing performance
  • Comment on the most notable flight characteristics
  • Something about passenger comfort, primarily proximity to engines, but other stuff as well
  • Assessment of the economy and possible use case for the aircraft.

The Verdict:

Summary/punchline of the review, and how many to buy.

Thank you. I'll place this in a word docx for later. 

I'm modded up and have flown a couple of earlier planes. Before I start doing a test review, I had a couple questions about the Kallons Per Passenger Mile stat I've seen in a few places:

1. 1 kallon = 1 unit of jet fuel, right?
  2. Why is it miles instead of kilometers? The game is built around metric after all.
  3. Are we still doing that anyway?
  4. What is the airspeed velocity of an unexploded kerbal?

4 hours ago, sturmhauke said:

I'm modded up and have flown a couple of earlier planes. Before I start doing a test review, I had a couple questions about the Kallons Per Passenger Mile stat I've seen in a few places:

2. Why is it miles instead of kilometers? The game is built around metric after all.

To answer that quickly before I head out to work:

1. Yes

2. Don't know, it just is (guess one of the americans came up with it)

3. Most definitely, it will get a larger role soon

4. Freaking fast

29 minutes ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

Can you add a luxury supersonic category.

It must have an IVA capability (as it build your own interior)

-5 staterooms

-2 "bathrooms" 

-sky diving ramp

Can't really see what this class would add that the standard supersonic category doesn't already add. If you make a luxury supersonic craft I'm sure the judges will take that comfort into account when judging. No need for an extra class imo

Just now, panzerknoef said:

Can't really see what this class would add that the standard supersonic category doesn't already add. If you make a luxury supersonic craft I'm sure the judges will take that comfort into account when judging. No need for an extra class imo

Ok I'll do it anyway.

Just now, Cheif Operations Director said:

Ok I'll do it anyway.

Can I use tweakscale so I do not need to clip a part

Within reason of course

10 hours ago, sturmhauke said:

I think it's because 'gallons per passenger mile' is an actual industry term, but we actually use the range in kilometers. 

It's a little obtuse, but yeah. 

1 hour ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

The landing gear is VERY temperamental 

I'm just bad at landing though :) 

It would be nice if you could gather all that info in a single post.

Please check how others have submitted their planes and do it in a similar way. It makes it easier for us to find and therefore to review.

Examples of good submissions:

Kerbal Exploration Space Agency (KESA)

Aeroplane Division

KESA is proud to announce the completion of the 

PP-5 Supersonic Aircraft

PP-10 Luxury First Class Supersonic Aircraft 

Description

The PP-5 is a Supersonic Aircraft that if Flow at absolute top speeds can achieve 1070 m/s (about Mach 3) of speed. Boasting 40 seats and a range of about 5/8 of Kerbin being traveled. The entire Kerbal Mission control Center can be flown around the planet while eating snacks.

The PP-10 is for the Billionaires of Kew Kork. It boast 80 seats and a dining area with two state rooms. The dining area, placed in a converted cargo bay, has a large capacity (design your own layout) but come with 12 seats pre installed. Golden Flooring is also found in the luxury dining room. (Yes you can actually EVA in the dining room while in flight) This plane can reach 1/2 around Kerbin and can travel supersonic. 

Prices

The PP-5 Supersonic Aircraft cost 115,866,000

The PP-10 Luxury First Class Supersonic Aircraft cost 551,139,000

Seating

PP-5 Supersonic Aircraft- 40

PP-10- 80 (40 by rules but I times twoed with tweakscale) with 2 staterooms and 12 seats in the IVA restaurant.

Recommended Flying Rules for both.

Action Group 1 (Afterburners)

When Taking off begin to pitch up at 70 m/s

After take off immediately pitch up and climb too 15,000 meters.

Level off and then keep the plane (and prograde marker) in the area of up 5 degrees and climb at that scent angle. Full throttle and you should see the plane eventually get too 1070 m/s eventually the Center engines will be air deprived so it's not good to stay up their that long.

Recommended Crusing Attitude: between 15,000-20,000 Meters.

Recommended Speed: None

Note: It Okay of the plane begins to heat up its designed too but if it overheats to much obviously cut the throttle.

When landing USE THE BRAKES when touching down and during taxing/once on the runway  If you do not you will most likely explode. 

When landing get it as slow as possible without stalling and pitch up about (5 ish degrees)

KESA will give you an exclusive offer buy 20 PP-5s and get 4 Free of charge. KESA will also provided a deal purchase 10 PP-10a and get 2 Free of charge.

Links 

PP-5 https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1462773124

PP-10 https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1462823009

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.