Kerbal Express Airlines - Regional Jet Challenge (Reboot Continued)

5 hours ago, FahmiRBLXian said:

Check the spoiler below for extra message.

Reveal hidden contents

Anyways, checked the spreadsheet and didn't found my plane in the To Be Reviewed tab.

Is the frontico fr-30c-100 not your place? Because I'm looking at that one in the judging sheet... It could've been added later on, so perhaps it doesn't show in the version you see. 

Test Pilot Review: @Box of Stardust's - Twin Crown Aerospace: A-401-1A&B

sMFu0iO.png

Twin Crown's A-401-1A in flight over some mountains

7r3Sjcu.png

A-401-1B cruising along the coastline

Figures as Tested:

• Price: 25.525.000 (1A) or 25.325.000 (1B)
  • Fuel: 1480 kallons
  • Cruising speed: 223m/s
  • Cruising altitude: 6000m
  • Fuel burn rate: 0.08kal/s
  • Range:  4100km

Review Notes:

We honestly couldn't believe our eyes when we first saw this aircraft. It looked normal! We weren't aware that people still made aircraft like this. Jeb was pretty excited as well, since he finally saw an aircraft he recognized as being an aircraft. Though somewhere deep down, we're sure he was disappointed, no crazy stuff with this one. The standard design of course didn't become the standard design without a very good reason. This airframe supports many good characteristics, Twin Crown did their best with it, and we gotta say, their best is impressive! Control on this aircraft is a delight, it flies very easily, all controls apart from yaw are spot on! It takes off at a lovely 50m/s and can land on short runways as well thanks to spoilers and thrust reversers. Range is insane at 4100km, we can fly this plane around the world without having to refuel! For testing we also ditched it in the ocean, to our surprise it didn't only land on water with ease, it could actually take back off again! We don't have anything bad to say about comfort either, the engines are away from the cabin and under a wing, making for excellent noise and vibration suppression. On top of that almost all windows have a great view. The price really is the only point where we can have some commentary. It's on the high side for a small regional jet, however, with only 29 parts and 2 engines, we expect very low maintenance costs. Pilot retraining isn't even needed, it flies that well! Oh, and did we mention they fit 56 and 64 passengers respectively? That makes for even better value for money.

The Verdict:

The A-401 series simply checks all the boxes for a small regional jet, more than that, it actually outperforms all the requirements we've set. Yes, the price is above average, but with the abilities of these airplanes, that's more than worth the investment! We'd like to order 15 A-401-1A's for service to a massive range of airports worldwide, and 20 A-401-1B's for lines between the less primitive airports. 

On 1/12/2019 at 3:14 PM, panzerknoef said:

Is the frontico fr-30c-100 not your place? Because I'm looking at that one in the judging sheet... It could've been added later on, so perhaps it doesn't show in the version you see. 

I've checked the one at the link last time provided. I didn't see mine.

eQL9HzB.png

pEHZM6K.png

https://i.imgur.com/wr6Kifi.png

Or is it added just now?

EDIT : I've saw the latest revision just after posting this edit.

Edited by FahmiRBLXian
Ninja! Ninja!

3 hours ago, FahmiRBLXian said:

-something something something-

It's been added to the list fairly recently indeed. Here's another link to the latest edition of the judging sheet, this one is editable and everything should people want to start judging themselves. If anyone does ruin the sheet or put their own planes further up, there's still a private sheet so you won't get away with that.

1 hour ago, Potato flavored waffles said:

Are we allowed to use para-motors? (Aircraft that have a kerbal(s) sitting on top with their parachute as a wing)

I'm gonna say yes to that just because I'm curious as to what you'll come up with!

Are we allowed to use para-motors? (Aircraft that have a kerbal(s) sitting on top with their parachute as a wing)

As a response from the crowd... If we can't use Rocket Motors & Fully Electric for an airliner (Aka crazy, mind blowing-driven Airliners (Though giant 5km Wingspan BWB Airliner is allowed but as of now no one had done that, but I have that as an ambitious plan)) then we can't have flexible wing Airliners able to get into service; at least before 2025. *Corrects glasses*

Basically AFAIK you may build a plane you're willing to fly in, which also gave me an idea why excessive part clipping is prohibited. Remember the Late-2018 Battery(?)-In-Fuselage (Aka crazy clipping) Incident one made a while ago, in here? One could imagine a flight from Honolulu, to Waimea, HI with a Big Batt Boi sitting in the middle of the aisle, and in fact the immense heat won an hourly wrestling with Air Conditioner cooling (Or heating in some climates).

Spoiler

Me *Corrects glasses* = Seeing something / giving an opinion, partially or fully, in a realistic way.

12 minutes ago, panzerknoef said:

It's been added to the list fairly recently indeed. Here's another link to the latest edition of the judging sheet, this one is editable and everything should people want to start judging themselves. If anyone does ruin the sheet or put their own planes further up, there's still a private sheet so you won't get away with that.

I'm gonna say yes to that just because I'm curious as to what you'll come up with!

Anyways, thanks, @panzerknoef.

12 minutes ago, panzerknoef said:

Actually, to correct you, I've associated my company name with the plane, it's Frontinco Aerospace Corporation. Hope you could correct it :D;)

Alternatively you could also put Frontinco Group.

Edited by FahmiRBLXian

The rules say that passengers need to be in an enclosed space, though I guess that the crew could sit outside. Supersonic para-motor anyone? xD

3 hours ago, Potato flavored waffles said:

Would you want to sit in a lawn chair on the top of a 767 flying at 6,000 metres ASL?

I wouldn't.

20 minutes ago, MiscelanousItem said:

I don't think you are allowed because the rules say that command seat's are authorized but you have to build a cabin around it so you would have to have the parachute clipping through a part:o 

It is allowed, not saying we're gonna be approving them ofc, but we sure as hell will fly the crazy contraption 

19 minutes ago, panzerknoef said:

It is allowed, not saying we're gonna be approving them ofc, but we sure as hell will fly the crazy contraption 

What about cargo doors?

The kerbals are technically inside a cabin, open the doors, deploy the chutes, and it's off to the races!

(No I will not be building one)

8 hours ago, neistridlar said:

The rules say that passengers need to be in an enclosed space, though I guess that the crew could sit outside. Supersonic para-motor anyone? xD

33 minutes ago, Potato flavored waffles said:

The crew will sit on top not the passengers

*Corrects glasses* Well IMO it's, yes, @Potato flavored waffles, the crew will, but then there's another issue.

@neistridlar, I don't think a Supersonic Paramotor will be possible (Not talking about engines) since the characteristics of a flexible / collapsible wing /  (That's the correct aviation term referring on paraglider's wing). I actually once had many attempts building a Paramotor, but still wouldn't fly correctly. The wing itself 'tilts' backwards which then acts like a pure parachute which adds drag and pitches your craft up too much that you stall.

In fact, rolling and yawing is also another problem to combat with. You might need to play a bit with the 'wingtip' paragliders to roll, and yawing might just tumble over the whole plane. And one paragliders isn't enough to generate necessary lift.

You might'd like to work at NASA, pick a Gulfstream from their storage, take the wings off, make a giant flexible wing (The paraglider one, not the Rogallo hang glider one), put it on the Gulfstream, take a parachute with you, take the plane for a spin and cross your fingers hoping it didn't crash. If it's crashing then get out but don't hit the engine, you'll be pwned for life, otherwise.

So that's it, my word or two on flexible wing airliner.

Edited by FahmiRBLXian

5 hours ago, MiscelanousItem said:

I don't think you are allowed because the rules say that command seat's are authorized but you have to build a cabin around it so you would have to have the parachute clipping through a part:o 

IIRC the parachute cuts whenever it saw clipping? (GTA 5 Ideology but Works Sometimes™)

Spoiler

Edited by FahmiRBLXian

3 minutes ago, Potato flavored waffles said:

I just made one that flies somewhat well at 75 mps (saved money on wings at least!)

Though, review thoughts might be bad since it's slowest among the slowest. That's even the takeoff speed of the Jumbos here.

Edited by FahmiRBLXian

@panzerknoef, could it give the spreadsheet a bit of editing? Which is about adding manufacturers name. Some of them are missing, not just mine.

But if you'd like to add one yourself, here's my guidelist :

More coming soon.

Edited by FahmiRBLXian
Corrected by request of NightshineRecorrails.

KERBATROS AEROSPACE

Dash-4C Electro-turboprop (Stock)

Details and download in spoiler.

Spoiler

Cruise Speed: 146 m/s @ 1000m

Since it's a stock propeller plane, its thrust increases with air density. It should cruise under 1km. 

Takeoff speed: 45 m/s

Passengers: 48

Price: ~75,000,000

Range: 2400km

Endurance: 2+ Hours

Parts: 195

Description:

The Kerbatros Dash-4 turboprop series is unique in its powerplant. Powered by two AeroFuel M2-100 turboelectric engines, the Dash-4 is extremely fuel efficient compared to its jet-powered counterparts. Although it doesn't compete to break any speed records, it has a greater range per kallon at low altitudes compared to most of the competition.

Another positive consequence of this electric propulsion is that it keeps the cabin much quieter without the whine of noisy jet engines. This makes the Dash-4 perfectly suited for the evening flights of Kerbin elites. This all comes at a heavy price however, but airlines might receive some long-term compensation through excellent fuel economy. Critics are harsh to point out the fact that this medium-sized aircraft is 195 parts. Kerbatros however did its best to incorporate only proven and reliable parts (100% stock) to cut down on maintenance. 

(This plane is probably breaking a lot of rules but I thought you might appreciate it anyways. Maybe you could make a new category for this, but I saw this thread and thought someone should throw in a stock prop plane.)

The takeoff procedure is rather complex, please refer back to the KerbalX instructions. 

Download: https://kerbalx.com/Jon144/Kerbatros-Dash-4C

Download (Secondary):https://www.dropbox.com/s/v4irxo3y8t8yo4q/Kerbatros Dash-4C.craft?dl=0

Edited by Jon144

30 minutes ago, FahmiRBLXian said:

@panzerknoef, could it give the spreadsheet a bit of editing? Which is about adding manufacturers name. Some of them are missing, not just mine.

But if you'd like to add one yourself, here's my guidelist :

Ahem, it’s Habu Industries

dO yOuR rEsEaRcH

/s

13 minutes ago, lapis said:

@FahmiRBLXian Where is that spreadsheet?

Here.

10 hours ago, panzerknoef said:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.