Kerbal Express Airlines - Regional Jet Challenge (Reboot Continued)

38 minutes ago, life_on_venus said:

By the way, has anyone seen HarvestR's new game, balsa? It's an aircraft design game similar to KSP. The challenge could work there too

I've just checked it out, and it looks pretty cool. I doubt it is very realistic, but once available I will TOTALY buy it!

• 4 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

What do you mean? This isn't an old thread, it's just someone linked something from 2016.

In one of the latest updates last year, the drag model/calculations must have been modified so that aircraft that used to be able to cruise at transonic speeds can barely reach mach 0.60.

14 hours ago, Shaun said:

In one of the latest updates last year, the drag model/calculations must have been modified so that aircraft that used to be able to cruise at transonic speeds can barely reach mach 0.60.

I think you've got a local issue there. I haven't noticed any drag changes recently, all the planes that I built back in the day still function fine right now. 

1 hour ago, panzerknoef said:
16 hours ago, Shaun said:

I think you've got a local issue there. I haven't noticed any drag changes recently, all the planes that I built back in the day still function fine right now. 

I have some problems on 1.8.x too, one of them are the drag courses - but on my case, there're less drag than on previous versions. My spaceplanes gone kaput on reentry due... lack of drag. :(

But at least for this contest incarnation this should be not a problem for while:

On 3/19/2018 at 8:24 PM, CrazyJebGuy said:

The Rules:

• KSP version 1.3/1.4 compatible.

And I starting to like this rule. :)

4 hours ago, Lisias said:

I have some problems on 1.8.x too, one of them are the drag courses - but on my case, there're less drag than on previous versions. My spaceplanes gone kaput on reentry due... lack of drag. :(

But at least for this contest incarnation this should be not a problem for while:

And I starting to like this rule. :)

I might try and make a new save game and transfer a model... perhaps my save game was corrupted somehow...

Edit: New install after everything including settings deleted. New profile, Still the same problem.

Edited by Shaun

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.