linuxgurugamer

[1.5.1+] ShowFPS

Recommended Posts

An old mod by @m4v, hasn't been updated since 1.1

This is a simple framerate counter in the top right corner of the screen.

Usage

  • Press F8 for toggle it.
  • Ctrl+F8 will enable a *very* minimalist benchmark showing the average and lowest framerate. (must be visible first)
  • You can drag the counter to where you like and change the default shortcut in the settings.cfg file.

Source Code: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/ShowFPS

SpaceDock: https://spacedock.info/mod/1757/ShowFPS

It is available in CKAN

License:  LGPL

 

  https://www.patreon.com/linuxgurugamer

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was wondering when you were going to stop slacking off and take on a few more projects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

I was wondering when you were going to stop slacking off and take on a few more projects.

I guess you missed the release of Structural Tubing and ABookCase Orbital Reference System

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another good simple mod! Thx! :)

But way to change bind keys and position on screen desperately needed..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ZobrAA said:

Another good simple mod! Thx! :)

But way to change bind keys and position on screen desperately needed..

It's draggable on screen, for now, the bind keys are fixed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heads-up: Though CKAN does show it when only 1.4.1 is selected as compatible, it is still listed as "Max KSP Version 1.1".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Jognt said:

Heads-up: Though CKAN does show it when only 1.4.1 is selected as compatible, it is still listed as "Max KSP Version 1.1".

Thanks, I'll get it fixed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Jognt said:

Heads-up: Though CKAN does show it when only 1.4.1 is selected as compatible, it is still listed as "Max KSP Version 1.1".

Fixed,thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CraigCottingham said:

Works in 1.4.3 even though it (or something) presents a warning when KSP is launching.

That’s AVC, you can ignore it for this instance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey thanks for all your work on these mods! Tiny issue I found might be easy for you to fix.. maybe just z-index type setting?

When I first installed and booted up KSP I hit F8 to show fps and promptly moved it to very top of screen in main menu. When I loaded my game though I couldn't see the counter anywhere & thought it was broken.  The fps counter was actually rendering underneath the top bar. Was a little confusing for a while though..

https://imgur.com/jJn7BUo

Thanks!

 

 

 

Edited by SomeWebDevGuy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, SomeWebDevGuy said:

Hey thanks for all your work on these mods! Tiny issue I found might be easy for you to fix.. maybe just z-index type setting?

When I first installed and booted up KSP I hit F8 to show fps and promptly moved it to very top of screen in main menu. When I loaded my game though I couldn't see the counter anywhere & thought it was broken.  The fps counter was actually rendering underneath the top bar. Was a little confusing for a while though..

https://imgur.com/jJn7BUo

Thanks!

I'll take a look, it's using some really old Unity code, I may be able to replace it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2018 at 11:32 PM, Burning Kan said:

1.5.1-worked confirmed

Can not confirm this message.

For me it does not work as intended. FPS-counter is in top LEFT corner and not movable. Editing the position-values in settings file has no effect. Counter counts ;) - but not where it should do it. Testet in modded 1.5.1 and CLEAN 1.5.1, both with DLC installed, same result.

Btw, it works marvellous in my 1.4.5 install.

regards, Lami

edit:

link to log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6yn87qnicqlo2px/output_log.txt?dl=0

link to Screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cegw95c4ag4wbt0/screenshot1.png?dl=0

Edited by Laminator
links to log & screenshot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure why, but the fps counter will not show up when I hit F8.  Wondering if anyone has some suggestions?  Using latest version of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2019 at 8:53 PM, jpinard said:

I'm not sure why, but the fps counter will not show up when I hit F8.  Wondering if anyone has some suggestions?  Using latest version of the game.

It's showing up for me in 1.7.3.

It's also in the upper left hand corner, very small, and it doesn't want to move.

That said, I've also just installed it and haven't looked at the config file so it could be that I just need to make an adjustment or two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@jpinard Hit F8 on the main menu before loading or starting a game, Then dragging it away from top so it doesn't start out underneath the top bar (think that's what I did but haven't played in a while) Some people say it's not movable though anymore so might be broken with latest KSP updates

Edited by SomeWebDevGuy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.