KSP 1.4 (w Expansion) frequently crashing.

My game frequently crashes when launching craft, reverting to the VAB, or when trying to load a save. My PC is well above the required specs, and I have no mods installed. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

Didn't have this problem during 1.3. 

I have the current version (1.4.1) and the Making History Expansion.

Anyone else have this problem?

• 1 month later...

Didn't have that problem but my career save from 3 didn't load

On a far larger note;

I seem to be unable to dock large vessels since 1.4 whenever a craft comes with range of a large craft ( >500 parts ) it brings out the kraken and/or freezes up.

Don't know if related but its darn annoying

Hmmm.

@PaladinPizza pretty sure your game is missing some file or data folder. If it’s on steam, you should do the “check integrity” option when you right click on ksp. This will take a bit, but it goes through and makes sure that nothing is missing or corrupted. If you installed manually, first completely uninstall through your control panel. Then use the installer from the website. I would recommend downloading a fresh file. If you don’t want to do that, do it manually but be very careful to follow its instructions and put it in its own folder preferably in “my documents”.

@KandoKris, hate to say this, but I am pretty sure  that your computer is just incapable of loading all those parts. Try lower settings, and if it is still broken try out better time warp continued. It offers a “slow mo” mode so you can put it on .5 or slower to give your pc more time to load. I would also recommend coming in at normal speed with no time warp if you don’t want to use the mod.

If it’s just one vessel, it’s likely that there is a physics bomb in it. krakened parts or something wrong in the persistentence that doesn’t come up until it’s loaded.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2018 at 11:27 PM, Mark Kerbin said:

Hmmm.''

@KandoKris, hate to say this, but I am pretty sure  that your computer is just incapable of loading all those parts. Try lower settings, and if it is still broken try out better time warp continued. It offers a “slow mo” mode so you can put it on .5 or slower to give your pc more time to load. I would also recommend coming in at normal speed with no time warp if you don’t want to use the mod.

If it’s just one vessel, it’s likely that there is a physics bomb in it. krakened parts or something wrong in the persistentence that doesn’t come up until it’s loaded.

PC is more then capable

Craft has been under way since 1.2.1 and due to being stock works in all versions since. Docking of the 2 ships I speak of has been done many many times up until 1.4.x.  

never the less i also thought it my be corrupt so I tested out other >1500 part craft already in orbit, again working fine in 1.3 but in 1.4 I had a 1/3 success rate with the game either crashing or the craft being taken by the kraken and that was just sending <50 part refuelers.

I'll update this with results after testing in 1.4.3.

Edited by KandoKris
Spelling etc

Make sure you are running the 64-bit version of the game. Depending on how you launch the game, Steam may default to the 32-bit version -- which will always rapidly run out of memory (with the DLC loaded) and crash.

• 2 weeks later...

Still not able to dock to a large craft after its placed in orbit.

The last few attempts it loaded both craft but when I switch to the "other" craft the kraken kills it. Tried  starting out from both the the large craft and the re-fuel er didnt matter which one I was on when I tried to switch it killed the craft or the game or both. I've had to re-launch several times and even opened up a fresh save still no success.  "remember as stock files they load and work (no problems docking ) in 1.3x even after editing in 1.4x

At this point in time I am just going to stop playing KSP till its updated again. which means I will have more time for Fo4, Ark and far cry my 'other hobbies'

Update;

1.4.5 update seems to have resolved issue

n9pDAe1.jpg

Edited by KandoKris
Update

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.