KSP's API is NOT compatible with the GPL. Here's a guide to help if you are in violation.

RandyTheDev

18 hours ago, RandyTheDev said:

The moment you resort to insults is the moment you concede the point.

Not always.

18 hours ago, RandyTheDev said:

It’s basically saying you don’t have anything more constructive to add to the conversation but you still disagree because you’re either too stubborn to either back down publicly (understandable imho) or worse, you believe that you are infallible.

It could also be saying that you have nothing more to contribute because your opponent is either too stubborn to either back down or worse, believes he is infallible.

On 2018-03-20 at 12:38 AM, RandyTheDev said:

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, this post is not legal advice. I am, however, a professional software engineer, and the statements I will present are consistent with the opinions of the Free Software Foundation (FSF), as well as my personal experience dealing with licensing issues as a developer of proprietary software.

Exactly your not. Your not even a free software developer.

If the main program dynamically links plug-ins, but the communication between them is limited to invoking the ‘main’ function of the plug-in with some options and waiting for it to return, that is a borderline case.

This is the relevant passage from your quote. It should be noted however, the whole FAQ is designed to scare you into using the GPL. This is FSF's mo and why most us in free software land take what they say with a huge grain of salt. It is only their crackpot opinion.

Can I apply the GPL when writing a plug-in for a nonfree program?
If they form a single combined program this means that combination of the GPL-covered plug-in with the nonfree main program would violate the GPL. However, you can resolve that legal problem by adding an exception to your plug-in's license, giving permission to link it with the nonfree main program.

Just because you put part of a passage in bold text, doesn't invalidate the rest of the passage.

INAL either, but I bet I've been reading and understanding this stuff a long time.

Edited by snkiz

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.