Mission Bug, the required part does not exist

KSP Version:1.4.2.2089 64 bit/

What Happens: The mission to put an sattelite into orbit require a part that not exist. I played the german language and it required a part called Frachtraum, in English you would called cargo room or freight room, or bay/dock.. i try every part containing these words. like service bay, hitchiker storage container, science storage container.. nothing.. then i changed the language to english.. everything changed to english, except the Frachtraum as you can see in the screenshot

Mods / Add-Ons: All Stock

Steps to Replicate:

1) watch the screenshot

2) load the save

Fixes/Workarounds:

nothing

Other Notes/Pictures/Log Files:

- Images Link: https://imgur.com/a/sFhzB

- save

persistent.zip

@diggzakk You have found the German version of a problem that has been in the game for a long time.

The SC-9001 Science Jr experiment is what you need. Once you put your ship on the launchpad and then right-click on that part you will notice that it says "Observe Materials Bay" (or the German equivalent.) But it is only called that in the menu when you run the experiment. I don't know why they insist on using two different names for that equipment. I assume that "materials bay" is the term that has been translated as "frachtraum".

https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/SC-9001_Science_Jr.

ScienceJR-02.png

Even in English it is confusing because our contracts ask for a "materials bay" when it requires a Science Jr.

I hope that this helps.

Edited by HvP

They was in the bug tracker and marked as fixed because they put that completely worthless blue text in the part information. 

One would think it would have been way simpler to just do a search and replace for all instances of “materials bay” in the contracts text, but what do I know. 

• 11 months later...
On 3/20/2018 at 11:42 PM, MechBFP said:

They was in the bug tracker and marked as fixed because they put that completely worthless blue text in the part information. 

One would think it would have been way simpler to just do a search and replace for all instances of “materials bay” in the contracts text, but what do I know. 

Nothing is fixed. The Bug is still alive !

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.