So, I've been looking around the interwebs for a while now, and I have a simple question about the status of car part mods. Not rovers, but cars. The question is simply, where the  3b80233da0fccbc898f8b61a632b61ea--rubber are they? Seriously, where are the car mods? I'm not sure there even are any, at least for 1.3 and 4. To put it simply, could someone change that?

EDIT: okay I was wrong, there's at least 3. But still.

Edited by Linventor

I think the lack of car mods is because this game is called kerbal space program. Also more generally, mods that only do one thing (pre-designed rovers, spaceships, etc) tend to not be as popular or useful as modular part packs.

46 minutes ago, Jas0n said:

I think the lack of car mods is because this game is called kerbal space program. Also more generally, mods that only do one thing (pre-designed rovers, spaceships, etc) tend to not be as popular or useful as modular part packs.

Fair enough, but still.

1 minute ago, DStaal said:

I'd say the reason you don't see many car mods is because wheels in KSP are atrocious, so driving is a pain.

well, even then, Kerbal Foundries Refounded provides some awesome wheels, but there's really not, well, any car bodies.

9 hours ago, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

this? 

That helps.

8 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Perhaps these might be along the lines of what you are looking for :wink:

I knew about outlaw racing, but not the other mods. Don't understand what Boost Flap Controller's supposed to do though.

23 minutes ago, Linventor said:

I get it, but the video doesn't exactly show how it works.

Ok 

So you see the elevons on the car that block the junos on the car, what is happening is when the elevon is 'deployed' it moves and blocks the hole the the thrust comes out of on the engine which not only blocks the hole but also blocks the thrust being created essentially stopping the push you are getting from them

Watch this video ... I set the elevons deploy function to the RCS action group and when the RCS is switched on the elevons deploy, blocking any forward thrust

You will see in the first minute what I am talking about ... I actually made a point in making the video to show that I 'deploy' the boost flaps if the vehicle becomes airborne (for the most part) and clearly demonstrates what they do and by proxy how they do it

If you are still having difficulties in understanding then might I suggest clicking on @Azimech's visual guide link provided in the spoiler of the op in the Boost Flap Controller thread as I put the link in there specifically for users who do not know what a Boost Flap is (in the Boost Flap 101 spoiler tag)

Here's the link to the visual guide: https://imgur.com/a/qh6av

Anyways, BFC is an automatic controller that wil deploy your boost flaps if the vehicle is not touching the ground

Edited by DoctorDavinci

2 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Ok 

So you see the elevons on the car that block the junos on the car, what is happening is when the elevon is 'deployed' it moves and blocks the hole the the thrust comes out of on the engine which not only blocks the hole but also blocks the thrust being created essentially stopping the push you are getting from them

Watch this video ... I set the elevons deploy function to the RCS action group and when the RCS is switched on the elevons deploy, blocking any forward thrust

You will see in the first minute what I am talking about ... I actually made a point in making the video to show that I 'deploy' the boost flaps if the vehicle becomes airborne (for the most part) and clearly demonstrates what they do and by proxy how they do it

If you are still having difficulties in understanding then might I suggest clicking on @Azimech's visual guide link provided in the spoiler of the op in the Boost Flap Controller thread as I put the link in there specifically for users who do not know what a Boost Flap is (in the Boost Flap 101 spoiler tag)

Here's the link to the visual guide: https://imgur.com/a/qh6av

I get what it does, but why are the junos orange?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.